Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
S
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Ringman
The z8i owner this morning told me the scope arrived in Austria. They told him they are sending him a replacement. That's good customer service.
That scope is my favorite that I have looked through.

Which model-power range?

z8i 2.7-18X56

Did you notice any tunneling on lower power. If I used one it would be used on low power mostly,so the view at the lowest power matters the most to me.

Is more tunnel vision at the lowest powers still noticeable in many image-movement scopes? I find the rubber donuts add so much at all powers it can't get much worse. In the case of my Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 it actually gets better at 4x, though that's not saying much.

It used to be an issue with some old reticle-movement variables because their field blending was bliss at the higher powers but the eye relief at the lowest power lengthened to beyond the shooter's head position, leaving the eye too close to the eyepiece for best vision. Before the scope was mounted, you would naturally move the scope away from your eye, at which point no tunnel vision might be noticed at the lowest power.

Last edited by sambarman338; 07/24/18. Reason: missing letter, improved wording
GB1

W
wsq Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I had a Kahles scope that had to go to Germany a few years ago got it back in a few weeks I sent it to Maine they handled it from there

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wsq
I had a Kahles scope that had to go to Germany a few years ago got it back in a few weeks I sent it to Maine they handled it from there

SMFH.......

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by wsq

SMFH.......

+2000

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I'll never trust a Swaro again...had a PH series scope fail, costing me a 6x6 whitetail pushing B&C. Shooting 8 feet to the left...at 25 or so yards. After my missed buck, I took the rifle to the range and it was off the target at 100....off the target at 50. 25 yard pistol board was an 4x8 foot sheet of plywood, I finally hit the board by holding it on the right edge of the plywood I got a group at the left edge.

I was pissed beyond words and sent it back to Swaro, who forwarded it to their overseas facility. After calling Swaro later on and checking on the repair the first words out of the guy's mouth I was speaking with in the service dept asked me, "Lemme guess...you were shooting a 300 Ultra Mag wern't you?". I was, and asked him "So what difference does that make?"...he laughed a little and changed the subject.

It finally made its way back to my house and I never even took it out of the box....it went back to the store I bought it from and was traded for a Schmidt. Prior to that I discussed the matter with two of our most knowledgeable posters on this forum, bouncing ideas off of them. Both stated that (paraphrased), Swarovski doesn't make strong scopes at all, in their opinion, and that the Schmidt would be significantly better.

The 300 Ultra beforehand had a Leupold VX-R mounted on it with zero problems. I just needed more light gathering.

You used a 300 Ultra Mag to try to shoot a deer at 25 yrs?

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by AB2506

Some people who don't shoot a lot need to compensate for drop..............and he was shooting at a 6 x 6!!!

Last edited by Tony_Soprano; 08/03/18.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'll never trust a Swaro again...had a PH series scope fail, costing me a 6x6 whitetail pushing B&C. Shooting 8 feet to the left...at 25 or so yards. After my missed buck, I took the rifle to the range and it was off the target at 100....off the target at 50. 25 yard pistol board was an 4x8 foot sheet of plywood, I finally hit the board by holding it on the right edge of the plywood I got a group at the left edge.

I was pissed beyond words and sent it back to Swaro, who forwarded it to their overseas facility. After calling Swaro later on and checking on the repair the first words out of the guy's mouth I was speaking with in the service dept asked me, "Lemme guess...you were shooting a 300 Ultra Mag wern't you?". I was, and asked him "So what difference does that make?"...he laughed a little and changed the subject.

It finally made its way back to my house and I never even took it out of the box....it went back to the store I bought it from and was traded for a Schmidt. Prior to that I discussed the matter with two of our most knowledgeable posters on this forum, bouncing ideas off of them. Both stated that (paraphrased), Swarovski doesn't make strong scopes at all, in their opinion, and that the Schmidt would be significantly better.

The 300 Ultra beforehand had a Leupold VX-R mounted on it with zero problems. I just needed more light gathering.

Hell,the muzzle blast should have killed it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

I'm sure next time he'll try to quietly sneak 400 yards further so he can make you happy. Completely stupid post.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"Like!"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ammoman16

I'm sure next time he'll try to quietly sneak 400 yards further so he can make you happy. Completely stupid post.

I'd feel better. smile

Reading the post again, it doesn't say that the buck was 25yds away, but at 25yds the scope was off about 8ft. If that is the case I stand corrected and will stop laughing.

IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 61 invisible), 2,189 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,931
Posts18,479,931
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.