Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
This may hurt open archery unit 28. Right now FS has closed rd south of the Henderson mine as there going to let fire burn out appr Aug 31.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/photos/COA...re/picts/2018_07_10-10.02.34.453-CDT.pdf

You can't get access to South Fork or any of the roads/trail to Byers Wilderness. I think they close rd by Fraser hwy 40.

USMC
Life Member VFW
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
A FB link to the San Juan NF and 416 Fire information in Colorado

https://www.facebook.com/SanJuanNF/..._Q1WCChqbZA5BJxkT6EqtwOJWmp4&fref=nf HH

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Well our rain here in SW Colorado has stopped. Every thing is drying out fast. I'm afraid to even go out & mow bush on my place. . Been warned a blade could strike a rock , cause a spark & start a fire. Recommended by forest service , no shooting for fear of starting a fire. Stay inside & drink coffee.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Alamosa

Got friends in Ft. Garland. I’m going to try and them. Damn.

A friend in Durango told me they got only 5% of normal snowfall this past winter. Can’t keep enough water in his ponds for livestock.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
yep, Where I live in Palisade we have less than 4” precip in the last 13 months and a wopping .08” from the recent monsoons.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I live in unit 741 SW Colorado a an elevation of 7630'. Every winter I have to plow snow multiple times to get out. In a light snow year I will plow about 3 times. This last winter I never had to plow once.Got three small snows of about 2 to 3"each. Melted off quickly. Another strange situation I see is every spring & I mean every spring I have to drive off wood peckers. They try & peck holes in the eves of the house. I hang string with orange surveyors tape to keep them away. This year not one wood pecker . Also have a fair amount of Magpies fly around here. You guessed it no Magpies.Deer numbers way down on my place & neighbors lands also. Don't mean to be so negative just stating what I see.

Last edited by Hesp; 07/26/18.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They lifted the fire ban in Park County. It was stage II and prohibited a lot of things, including shooting. So happy I can shoot again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Deer, sweet 6 lb 8 oz baby Jesus, please lift the stage 1 restrictions in Gunisson NF by Oct 20th.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
Deer, sweet 6 lb 8 oz baby Jesus, please lift the stage 1 restrictions in Gunisson NF by Oct 20th.

It worked! Lifted an hour ago! No fire restrictions for Gunison, Grand Mesa, or Uncompahgre.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

GMUG to Lift All Fire Restrictions

Delta, Colorado, July 26, 2018 – The Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre and Gunnison (GMUG) National Forests will transition out of all current fire restrictions effective at 12:01 p.m. on Friday, July 27. GMUG Fire Managers based their decision on specific conditions such as fuel moisture measurements in vegetation, predicted weather and the amount of current fire activity on the forest. Using the best available science, recent measurements and predictive models have shown a marked improvement in these conditions leading to a significant decrease in wildfire risk.

Although fire restrictions have been lifted, fire managers would like to remind visitors and users of the GMUG to continue to be attentive of their actions and surroundings especially in areas with dry vegetation or dead trees by practicing smart wildfire prevention behavior including: never leaving a campfire unattended, using established campfire rings, picking safe and proper campfire sites and ensuring that their fires are completely out and cool to the touch by using the drown, stir and feel methods.

Federal and county public lands surrounding the GMUG may remain under fire restrictions, please consult with the appropriate land managers before engaging in any activities that may violate these restrictions. For more fire-related information on Colorado’s Western Slope please visit: http://www.WestSlopeFireInfo.com/

For more information on prescribed burns, wildfires and fire restrictions on National Forest System lands please call our Fire Information line at 970-874-6602 or visit our website: http://bit.ly/GMUGFireRestrictions

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A few miles back into unit 74 I came across this living record of the successful kills someone had there.
I hope that it survived the fire.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Alamosa; 07/30/18.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
https://www.facebook.com/SanJuanNF/...uj4Ngez5VhLN16ArvhBO3HNscpok&fref=nf

The 416 Wildfire is 100% containment now ! The link above will show a 9 min video, or put you on the San Juan NF page on FB to view that video. Fire is not completely out, still smoldering in places, but 100 % contained they feel. So thankful to all the efforts of the local, state, and Federal firefighters. Thank you heroes ! HH

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
For being 100% contained I'm sure living with a lot of smoke. Every day for days now. It is chocking us.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've never called in a contained fire that was out... it just means its in our control for the time being and we think it can't get away from us barring bad weather issue....

When its out, we call it in as the fire is out and we are clear of the scene.

2 totally different things and can be hours and or days or months apart

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We camped on the Grand Mesa the last two nights. It is drier than heck and the whole area is covered with thick smoke from the new fire on the Uncompahgre Plateau. We need a bunch of rain but i don’t think we are going to get it. ChrisAU, it is way too early to celebrate.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
100% containment just means the perimeters that have been established are fire free and no more new expansion. However you can have pockets burning in the interior til it either rains, snows or goes out on its own.

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Can you believe this fire is still burning. Having to deal with the smoke every day. No rain in site. I about 30 miles from the fire in a straight line. Those living closer have to be having a tougher time dealing with the smoke.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
https://www.facebook.com/SanJuanNF/...GvMY3ZeGulI3DH4ha-h5JRNWKXEg&fref=nf

More wildfires burning in Colorado, see the above link The Plateau Fire is now 4,850 acres burned and it is burning north of Dolores. See the map on the above link. A few small fires have begun on the old Missionary Ridge fire area and firefighters are on it. I did not know this, but the DSNG RR has a helicopter flying the train route, and reported these smaller fires.

There were 2 wildfires burning in the White River NF last week, the Cache Fire and the Cabin Fire, the FB link for info.
https://www.facebook.com/WhiteRiverNFCabin Fire HH

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6000/

There are many new wildfires I missed recently burning in Colorado, please see the Colorado wildfire map from "inciweb" link above The map can be enlarged by + - and moved with your cursor. By clicking the incident you can get more detailed information. For all those with elk & deer tags for 2018 fall season please take notice. Thank you firefighters for saving so many homes and structures this summer, and stay safe. HH

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
https://www.facebook.com/RioBlancoCountySheriffsOffice/

Another FB link to Rio Blanco Sheriff Office on the areas wildfires, scroll down the page to see fire info. HH

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.