Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#13016340 07/26/18
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Went into Sportsman's for a pound of H4198...none available...bought a new CBA. Impressed with the fit, finish, barrel and receiver bluing, etc. Disassembled it to clean and "polish" the action...all surfaces were smooth and exceeded my expectations! Trigger needed a small amount of work to get it right. Now, to see if it (I) can hit the side of the barn...

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bought the same rifle a couple of years ago. I put in a Trigger Happy trigger and Skinners sights, love it!! Loading Starline brass with a 300 gr Speer JHP on top of 58 grains of Varget, deer hate it grin

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
C
C
I bought a CBA this summer. Stock fit was a bit proud but nothing a file wrapped with 220 grit couldn't solve. I'm going to polish and rust blue the receiver at some point and strip/BLO the stocks and call it good. It's a shooter with 330 gould bullets and Lee 405's over 15 grains of Unique.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Added a WWG large loop lever and the rifle hits whatever I aim at. It likes Unique, too. Pretty much shoot 33 or 34 gr of RL-7 with 405gr plain base OTs most often. I bought it to pack in the mountains thinking I needn't worry about scratching it. For some reason after a dozen trips, have not put a mark on it. Thank you GOD.

C
C
I have the same one bought new in 2016. It's my go to woods gun. Stock/forearm refinished in Tru-oil with Skinner sight, Beartooth Safety Delete, and leather by Aces & Eights Leather. Right now shooting the Remington 405's.
[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

fuggin' nice................18" ?

oh......new ? thought it was a LE lll from years gone by.....

Last edited by tikkanut; 01/03/19.

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Nice job on the stock and forearm!

Without that "safety", always pay attention when sitting with the rifle where your feet and barrel are in relation to each other.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
Without that "safety", always pay attention when sitting with the rifle where your feet and barrel are in relation to each other.

Huh? So you're saying you don't have to worry about muzzle control so long as you've got that safety?

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Nope...genius...YOU are saying that.

You sound like just the deliberately stupid fool that WILL blow his foot off.

You've been warned...don't hurt yourself and especially someone else.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I apologize for whatever I said that made you get defensive. Please re-read your post, then please explain what you were saying. I'm asking politely.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Perhaps I over reacted. Just pointing out what * we all know about muzzle awareness *, but with the absence of the safety and such a short barrel...

Sit down in a chair or a seat with the rifle in your lap and raise your feet a bit as if you are sitting in rocks or logs glassing for game. Notice how little body movement or distraction it takes for the muzzle of a short barreled rifle to describe an arc that could easily become a hazard if you **forgot** to put the hammer in half-cock position...

C
C
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Nice job on the stock and forearm!

Sorry, I guess I should've clarified. I got rid of the useless cross-bolt safety. I still use the half-cock hammer safety. I would never disable the only safety on any firearm.

Regardless, I also practice muzzle awareness and keep my firearms pointed in a safe direction at all times.

C
C
Originally Posted by tikkanut
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

fuggin' nice................18" ?

oh......new ? thought it was a LE lll from years gone by.....

No, I would love one of the old LTD's but they are considerably out of my price range. This one has been fantastic though.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,969
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.