-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since so many are having to withdraw from the gathering, I reckon I better come to take up some of the slack.

I’ll look over the list of what’s needed and speak for the privilege of bringing something. I’ll be trailing Miles, arriving whenever he does.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gene - this is very good news. Your being here once more will certainly help fill in the "wise, experienced and interesting" space - and your getting here with Miles will give the greeters a double shot of glad.

Let me piggyback on your good post and list the stuff folks have not yet volunteered:

Danish or other pastries for early breakfast - and if folks like such to go with eggs/bacon/potatoes, etc.
12 t0 15 lbs, of potato salad for Saturday evening dinner
Easy fruit (grapes/cherries/apples)
Dessert stuff for evening dinners
Condiments: butter

Last edited by CCCC; 07/24/18. Reason: Updated list - some items volunteered.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
For the desserts, do you want cakes, brownies, something fruity?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
Gene - this is very good news. Your being here once more will certainly help fill in the "wise, experienced and interesting" space - and your getting here with Miles will give the greeters a double shot of glad.

Let me piggyback on your good post and list the stuff folks have not yet volunteered:
Couple of gallons of some fruit juice for breakfasts
Danish or other pastries for early breakfast - and if folks like such to go with eggs/bacon/potatoes, etc.
Tortilla chips or other chips
Dessert stuff - evening dinners
Condiments: ketchup, mustard, butter

I am waiting until Sunday on the decision to go or not. If I am a go, I will check for this updated list and see what is needed. I could use an update amount of people; and as I am not to good at logistics for large groups, I could use an estimated amount needed for any any foodstuffs.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Couple of gallons of some fruit juice for breakfasts
Tortilla chips or other chips
Dessert stuff - evening dinners
Condiments: ketchup, mustard, butter

I’ll bring fruit juice, ketchup, and mustard......and tortilla chips.

They don’t require refrigeration and we will be there way early.

I’ll bring a tent. No more pulling a trailer in this heat.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NM Lady and Ranger Green - we have been planning to have 40 eaters at each of the four served meals, although that number may drop a little bit in view of a few who have found that they can't attend.

Aside from that suggested quantity of potato salad to go with Saturday evening dinner, the other items are not quantity driven. We may have enough juice for breakfasts, or not - some may not drink any and we may be oversupplied. No worries. Same with other remaining items. No one is going to starve - or complain about what's available - they are happy with the group effort. Good times.

I have tried to stay out of the actual menus, so am not going to guess what others like for desserts. In the past, folks seemed to have enjoyed brownies (Niki is bringing 40), cookies, and pies - and that clear stuff in Mason jars. Some like See's candies, others like Snickers - some even like Twinkies. Your guess.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by hitandmiss
I plan to be there around noon on the second. With the canopies and a big ice chest full of drinks. I can also bring paper towels and plastic eating implements, if still needed.

We will be looking for you on Thursday hitandmiss - some of us probably will be busily setting up at that time , but also might be just sitting under a tree.
- and bless you for the added offer.
We still do need paper towels and the plastic utensils as listed earlier. OK if we write you in for those? Thanks.

Yep, I am making a list.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to see that so many of our family won't be able to be at the reunion this year. Blessing upon you and your families.

For those of us attending this year, I am looking forward to renewing are friendship.

Time is drawing near, safe travels to all. I hope that the weather is favorable.

For those of you that burn easily like myself, don't forget the sun screen.

Owl

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Since so many are having to withdraw from the gathering, I reckon I better come to take up some of the slack.

I’ll look over the list of what’s needed and speak for the privilege of bringing something. I’ll be trailing Miles, arriving whenever he does.

Looking forward to some of them vienna sausages...

Will be good to see you again.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Upon further review, I should be able to FINALLY make it to the Army Jo festivities 😁depending in how much work we can get done next week. Been extremely busy the last month, but seems to have slowed down a little. Busting butt this week, had 30 hours in by Tuesday. 😣. If everything goes right, and we schedual the work right, I should be up there Friday afternoon. I will let you guys know for sure early next week.

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RoadRunner - finally you get to the Campfire at AS - what good news. Hope we see you Friday afternoon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O K.... just left Walmart and got all the stuff I said I’d bring. Also bringing a couple of folding tables and a pop up canopy. Miles will get here this evening and we will head west in the morning, following 380 all the way to I 25. Should be at the campground Sunday evening.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by curdog4570
O K.... just left Walmart and got all the stuff I said I’d bring. Also bringing a couple of folding tables and a pop up canopy. Miles will get here this evening and we will head west in the morning, following 380 all the way to I 25. Should be at the campground Sunday evening.

Safe travels. I'm glad that you're going to caravan with Miles..

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for getting and bringing the stuff, Gene - the pop-up shelter and tables will help a bunch. Have a fun trip through those burgs across 380 - don't miss that traffic signal in Rule, TX.. Safe travels.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gene, knowing your adventure trying to get to Armijo Springs last time

This one is for you (and everyone else travelling)

Safe travells...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To my many Campfire friends,

I have been contacted by several Campfire friends asking about my situation regarding the huge fire we have burning on the west side of Redding, CA, called the Carr Fire. I have been extremely busy, as explained below. I have done a cut-and-paste of the message I have shared with a couple of other members. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for the many people affected by this immense fire that is nearly doubling in size by the day. Yesterday it was at 48,000 acres. Today it is between 85,000 and 100,000 acres. Unbelevable.

Two firefighters have died fighting the fires and several firefighters have been treated for burns. A great-grandmother and two of her small great-grandchildren also perished in the fire. We have been having a lot of ash falling in our yard and on everything, for the past three days. Some "ashes" are the size of small tree leaves. This morning on our back patio I spotted a small piece of paper, not quite the size of a playing card, burned around the edges. I picked it up, and it part of a page out of someone's Bible that had been consumed by the fire.

Here is the cut-and-paste:

Thanks for thinking of us. We are safe for now. We live 5 miles east of I-5, and about 10 miles east of any ground fires. Our home is affected by lots of smoke and falling ash. Hot embers are a concern, and the folks in our area are being very watchful for possible spot fires. The amount of assets (firefighters, trucks, dozers, and aircraft) pouring into the area are unbelievable. Even the 747 bomber is here now.

Three months ago I started working part-time for a medical transport company driving a wheelchair van. We have been working 18 hour days, or more, the last several days, taking patients out of the evacuation zones. Our company has a dozen vans. We worked all night long Thursday night evacuating 139 Alzheimer's patients from a large facility, about 30% of which were in wheelchairs. A lot of our patients are on kidney dialysis, and one of the two dialysis centers in the region is closed and evacuated. That is causing major problems for the patients that need dialysis three times a week.

I got to get a good night's sleep last night for the first time in days. They insisted that I take the day off today to rest. I go back on duty tomorrow morning at 5:00AM.

We have my wife's car loaded with important files and documents and a few suitcases packed and ready to go should we have to evacuate on short notice, and full gas tanks. We have some friends on the west side of town that have lost their homes. I evacuated one family with Grandma in a wheelchair that wound up losing their home. Very sad. The thought of losing almost everything, and a lifetime of mementos and heirlooms is hard to think about. (End of cut-and-paste).

Again, a hearty "Hi" to all of you at the Armijo Springs gathering. Everybody travel safe, and have a great time. I will miss you all.

Milo

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Stay safe, Milo! We hope to see you at Tonto and/or Armijo Springs next year.

Ben

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will be leaving Thursday in the early morning hours. I should make it there later Friday afternoon. I will be stopping in Show Low for last minute stuff. If anyone needs anything, pm me for my phone number.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK Tracy - really glad you will make it - safe travels. (P.S. - the route through Holbrook/St. Johns to Springerville might be a bit shorter - have not checked that. There are two food markets and a good general store in Springerville on either route.

Hope you are here in time for the .22LR shoots. Might your daughters wish to shoot a ,22 if we have a kid session?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK Tracy - really glad you will make it - safe travels. (P.S. - the route through Holbrook/St. Johns to Springerville might be a bit shorter - have not checked that. There are two food markets and a good general store in Springerville on either route.

Hope you are here in time for the .22LR shoots. Might your daughters wish to shoot a ,22 if we have a kid session?

It is shorter I go thru Holbrook, after going several different ways.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1badf350, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,153 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,578
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.