Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Met on blind date, married in 60s. 68 maybe? , lasted 11yr I think, split up , she took 1/2 the farm!!! Came back a few years later all sorry & such just to take the other 1/2 of my 1/2!!!!! Ya lm STUPID,!! Met my wife at work that was 33yrs ago,??? Amazing woman, why she stayed ?? Hell if I know??? Glad she did!!! 🐾👣🐾👣🐾👣

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First one at church. Second one at an Easter picnic at a neighbor's ranch.

Have about 23-24 years invested in each of them, at this point.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by xarcher
Originally Posted by gunzo
Family reunion.

Beat me to it

West Virginia ? LMAO , sorry couldn't resist .
Met mine at a gun shop , she was in a back room cleaning the minnow tank , hi beams up and yeah , I noticed . Hit on her a couple of times but she was still steadfast to make a bad marriage work . lwft her a buisness card and told her to give me a ring a ding if she wanted to get together . About a year later got a txt saying Hi ! At this time I was not up to snuff on texting and quite frankly it pissed me off when people texted me . But this when I decided it was a good time to learn .
Told me to atop by sometime , so one morning on the way to work , I decided , today I'm gonna be late , and I was .
We fought like cats and dogs while dating , but holy moly what a gal . We finally got married and wouldn't ya know , we ain't had a fight since .
Kenneth

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Orthopedic surgeons office, 16 years ago.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
hanco, entertaining thread here. Thanks

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Originally Posted by xarcher
Originally Posted by gunzo
Family reunion.

Beat me to it

West Virginia ? LMAO , sorry couldn't resist .
Met mine at a gun shop , she was in a back room cleaning the minnow tank , hi beams up and yeah , I noticed . Hit on her a couple of times but she was still steadfast to make a bad marriage work . lwft her a buisness card and told her to give me a ring a ding if she wanted to get together . About a year later got a txt saying Hi ! At this time I was not up to snuff on texting and quite frankly it pissed me off when people texted me . But this when I decided it was a good time to learn .
Told me to atop by sometime , so one morning on the way to work , I decided , today I'm gonna be late , and I was .
We fought like cats and dogs while dating , but holy moly what a gal . We finally got married and wouldn't ya know , we ain't had a fight since .
Kenneth

Reminds me of a great movie "the taming of the Shrew".

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Texas A&M, BSU noon Bible study, volleyball practice, Sunday school, thank you Jesus!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was working a football game as a High School Principal and one of my students introduced me to her. It was her sister. She had a 5year old boy and we've been together for almost 20 years and son is finishing his PhD in bio medical technology. Sure will be glad to get him off the payroll. powdr

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
A guy ask me how I met mine yesterday. I’ve enjoyed reading these very much. I was at the country and western dance bar when a cute dark haired girl came up to me, she said her friend wanted to dance with me. I was thinking, ugly, fat, both, but I went with her and met wifey. I’m glad I went.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
St.Mary,s church, in Anchorage , back in 2002, at a non church function, ( long story) back when I bad long hair and a lot bigger. Took her to Jackass, the movie...yeah...I know..
Took five years to get a second date, we,ve been together ever since!
10 years together this year, we had an outdoor wedding in 2016. Our honeymoon, did the traverse from Deer Mountain to Sylvas, in Ketchikan! 13 miles, 4 smallish mountains, both our packs waaaaay overloaded , and our mud buggin dog!
Pretty sure I married way out of my league, but like I tell my little brother on occasion, better lucky than good!

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

That is the best sister tit story ever....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I met my wife at work in a hubcap factory in 1984. She was working a summer job during her college years. I had been there 6 years and didn't know any better. We were complete opposites. She was quiet & studious, I was a party animal. In the first 3 months we dated I took her to my friends' annual "Heathen Fest" and a mafia wedding (that's a whole 'nuther story). I think she hung around just out of morbid curiosity. That was 34 years ago, we've been married for 31. I can't imagine where I would be today without her. Surely not in such a good place.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Taco stand in LA.
Bob

Last edited by RGK; 07/28/18.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've known her since elementary school when I switched schools and we ended up riding the same bus (I was in the 5th grade and she was in the 6th grade). We also went to a summer camp together through the school (Clearcreek near Schofield, Utah, for any of you who might be familiar with it). Fast forward a few years to high school and we both worked at Fred Meyer, which is where we struck up a close friendship and started dating. Got married when I was 18 and she was 19, and we just had a our 30 year anniversary this past March.

We have four daughters and this is our clan:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
History class in high school

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
First wife i met in a bar,was married 15 years,she developed , (or always had) mental illness and an eating disorder.i finally had enough,i told her she had 30 days to get professional help or i m gone.she thought i was bluffing,i wasn t.went through a bloodbath divorce.
a year later a friend of mine told me he ran into a girl that said she used to date me in 1987,he gave me her business casrd,i called her up and asked her to lunch,a year later we were married,have one child together,been together 10 years now.i wish i would have married her first.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Met my wife in HS in 1959, got married in 1961 and still in love and married.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Once the Anti-Christ got done with me I signed up for a co-dependence class at church to make sure it never happened again and that's where I met her.

My now wife had been through a similar experience and signed up for the same class. So we got to know all each others dirt before we ever dated.

If you want to know the truth, finding your wife at a class on codependence probably shouldn't be your Plan A. But we've made it work 11 years now.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bound to better than in a bar, drunk as shlt and just after banging some trucker in the parking lot

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Met mine in a chat room back during the old days of the internet. We were both on there for about a year and a half before we started paying attention to each other. She invited me up to Boston to visit her. I had her down to Kentucky to visit me.

That went back and forth for a few times and I just said she should move to Kentucky to eliminate the flying expenses.

That was 19 years ago.

We get along pretty good. I'm ornery enough to make her run her yap at me every now and then,....and that makes me run my yap back at her. Then everybody's happy until the next time.

Neither of us would be happy if we didn't have somebody around that we could run our yaps at every now and then.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,188
Posts18,484,884
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.