Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
There are a few, but they were of my own making, and I learned the resulting lessons well.

I keep telling you it's not your fault my wife doesn't want to share me......... wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
There are a few, but they were of my own making, and I learned the resulting lessons well.

Cold, hard and "just the facts, m'am. BTDT Sometimes the mirror in the AM can be a rough place to be.

Got a few skeletons in my closet.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A wise lady told me when I was young, about life's regrets:

"If we could live our life over, knowing what we know now -
We may not make the same mistakes that we made before.
But would likely make a whole new set of mistakes,
that are even worse than those previous ones!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure do, and, I'm sure I'm making more everyday.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Man Oh Man on so many levels. Lol some real good ones. My life would be different. As has been said 20/ 20. Fun tims.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When I was 13 I told a girl I was done - wanted nothing to do with her anymore. That year of school was the best year I had. Then, at 15 she spoke to me at a high school football game. I regret that I did not turn and walk away. The worst times of my life can be directly linked to that night and my commitment to make something out of nothing. Who knows what the next 10 years would have been like? (yeah, I was a slow learner).

I regret that I did not get laid near enough in my 20’s and 30’s. But, I never caught any diseases, never got one pregnant, and never got married (therefore, never got divorced).

In my fifty’s now, financially secure, and have a good woman by my side; some of my family has stated that if we ever split up, they want her to stay in the family and me to leave. 😝

Life is good. I sure as hell don’t want to go back and try to change it now.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Lots of regrets but don't dwell on them. I think if you don't have regrets then you haven't lived much, and I've lived a bunch. I wouldn't change much of it.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have many regrets but there are two that I wish I would have done differently.

The first I was only 4 years old. I was a bully and one of the kids I was mean to ran into the street to get away from me. He had both feet run over by a car. I regret I learned to be nicer by that rather than get knocked on my butt.

The other was in my mid 20's. A girl I knew and had a crush on was having a fight with her boyfriend at a 3 day concert. She came to me for help. I offered to drive her home or to someplace of her choosing but she refused. I should have been more forceful and taken her out of there as her boyfriend beat her rather badly that night. I regret wanting to to stay and party overrule getting involved in a domestic situation that could and did go bad.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
????

Maybe not buying land at less than $1000 an acre on the outskirts of SanDiAngeles, where there are now 10 house to the acre tracts?

Going into a trade with a guaranteed wage instead of going tuna fishing for a portion of a "share" to start?

Couple of gals I maybe should have let know my feelings as I found out later in life they felt the same way?

Not calling one gal because I thought the number she had given me was bogus due to the fact that I didn't recognize the exchange? Turned out it was a brand new one due to growth in the area.

Spending a large portion of time in my youth and young adulthood carousing and galavanting around instead of being "responsible"? (why doesn't the spell checker recognize "galavanting"? )

Great Googly Moogly.................I bet I could list dozens, maybe hundreds more things that I might have done differently.

As it turns out, I'm not doing so bad today, roof over head, just took a shower, have clean t shirt on for bedtime (hey, I have a bed even), ate dinner AND dessert tonight, there's money in the bank accounts (more than some/less than others), dogs are healthy and happy, nice enough wife, could use a new knee and back but the ones I have still work to some extent. Many folks WAY worse off.

I guess I don't regret much, maybe not getting further edumacated...................but I'm perty telergint as it is.

Interesting to read what other folks have done in life that they regret, or what they regret not having done.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I regret getting shocked by a backpack shocker. That [bleep] hurt. 2.5 amps DC.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FishinHank
I regret getting shocked by a backpack shocker. That [bleep] hurt. 2.5 amps DC.

crazy crazy

Yeah, it's no fun when you're grabbin a fish and someone hits the switch 'cause they didn't hear the "Clear" signal.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Extra jalapenos at lunch.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of regrets, but I think they helped me land where I am now and as I result I'm pretty happy with the way things have turned out.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
So many I try not to dwell on it and usually don't for long.

As a wise man once said, "a smart person learns from their mistakes, but an even smarter person learns from the mistakes of others". Sometimes I think I'm a little on the slow side as I quite often didn't even learn from my own mistakes and repeated them.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by zeissman
So many I try not to dwell on it and usually don't for long.

As a wise man once said, "a smart person learns from their mistakes, but an even smarter person learns from the mistakes of others". Sometimes I think I'm a little on the slow side as I quite often didn't even learn from my own mistakes and repeated them.

As another wise man said, If your not learning from your mistakes, maybe they weren't mistakes.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Probably a dozen big ones and myriad small ones. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to think I had many regrets. As I get older theres only 2. I wish I would have never started smoking. And I wish I could spend more time with family, but certain things out of my control have prevented that.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
NOT NO BUT HELL NO.I ALWAYS CONSIDERED IT A LEARNING EXPERIENCE.I WOULD HAVE ALLOT MORE MONEY THAN I DO,BUT WERE GETTING BY AND THE LORD HAS BLESSED ME,SO I'M GOOD.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crittergetter
NOT NO BUT HELL NO.I ALWAYS CONSIDERED IT A LEARNING EXPERIENCE.I WOULD HAVE ALLOT MORE MONEY THAN I DO,BUT WERE GETTING BY AND THE LORD HAS BLESSED ME,SO I'M GOOD.

I regret reading ^^^^^

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Lots of them. I made my fair share of mistakes. I was not and never will be perfect. Life is a continuing learning process and one of the tools is the mistakes we learn by. I am now 72 years old and have a PHD in life's mistakes. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (1936M71, 219 Wasp, 257 roberts, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.