Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
As of right now,Judy and are planning on leaving Friday morning and will be at the campgrounds early Friday afternoon.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken

mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I should roll in about mid-day on Thursday. I will be coming through Silver City, if anyone thinks of anything that we need that is not already covered.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by CCCC
OK Tracy - really glad you will make it - safe travels. (P.S. - the route through Holbrook/St. Johns to Springerville might be a bit shorter - have not checked that. There are two food markets and a good general store in Springerville on either route.

Hope you are here in time for the .22LR shoots. Might your daughters wish to shoot a ,22 if we have a kid session?

I live in St. Johns, do not plan on getting groceries here. RV has a couple good grocery stores, and western drug for shooting/hunting stuff. The Wally World in Show Low is an absolute zoo this time of year. Snowflake has a new Wally World that would be a much better place to get food stuffs, if needed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gene - this is very good news. Your being here once more will certainly help fill in the "wise, experienced and interesting" space - and your getting here with Miles will give the greeters a double shot of glad.

Let me piggyback on your good post and list the stuff folks have not yet volunteered:

Danish or other pastries for early breakfast - and if folks like such to go with eggs/bacon/potatoes, etc.
12 t0 15 lbs, of potato salad for Saturday evening dinner
Easy fruit (grapes/cherries/apples)
Dessert stuff for evening dinners
Condiments: butter

We plan to drive over on Friday, arriving in the afternoon sometime.

I'll consult with the expert/boss, but we should be able to bring some of that list.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Safe travels, Ken and Judy, and Anjin with family as well. Looks like the camp is going to start getting busy by Friday mid day..

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I’m going to enjoy the ride. Ken is driving.

Judy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NMLady

Judy

I bet you he actually believes that.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hitandmiss
OK Tracy - really glad you will make it - safe travels. (P.S. - the route through Holbrook/St. Johns to Springerville might be a bit shorter - have not checked that. There are two food markets and a good general store in Springerville on either route.

Hope you are here in time for the .22LR shoots. Might your daughters wish to shoot a ,22 if we have a kid session?

I live in St. Johns, do not plan on getting groceries here. RV has a couple good grocery stores, and western drug for shooting/hunting stuff. The Wally World in Show Low is an absolute zoo this time of year. Snowflake has a new Wally World that would be a much better place to get food stuffs, if needed.

Thanks.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Judy

Nah,she can yell at me all she wants,I am deaf in one ear,can't hear out of the other. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Good news . . . we have had rain, blessed moisture, and the fire danger here in our forest is diminished. I trust that the same weather pattern is prevalent in the Gila.

Not so good news . . . Mrs. BD cannot attend this time. She has been offered a unique opportunity to participate in an international event in mid-August in New York City and will be preparing for her presentation rather than enjoying herself at the Campfire gathering. I will still be bringing eggs, brownies, coffee, table, chairs and such, just without the travel trailer and the dogs.

I expect to arrive Thursday evening and look forward to seeing valued friends.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Everyone have a great time and take some good pics to post...

Sadly I will still be anchored here, in the heat and forest fire smoke, taking care of "The Move"...

I'll be missing all of my friend and the opportunity to make a few new ones..

Enjoy guys! Guess I see everyone who attends Roosevelt Lake in Feb or so...

Safe journeys for everyone!

cheers and best regards!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doc, the Gila is green - no restrictions, Please let Nikki know that we will miss her cultured presence - and hope she has a good adventure in The Big Apple. Travel safe.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Judy

Nah,she can yell at me all she wants,I am deaf in one ear,can't hear out of the other. wink

I’ll be reading or sleeping and not paying attention to his driving. 😄😝

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
For any late readers, I'm bringing about 30 lbs of charcoal JIC. That should cover grilling for Saturday evening and perhaps more.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
Everyone have a great time and take some good pics to post...

Sadly I will still be anchored here, in the heat and forest fire smoke, taking care of "The Move"...

I'll be missing all of my friend and the opportunity to make a few new ones..

Enjoy guys! Guess I see everyone who attends Roosevelt Lake in Feb or so...

Safe journeys for everyone!

cheers and best regards!

sorry to miss you this time. We will link up again.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been traveling and have been away from this thread for awhile. My daughter Julia and I will be headed out to Armijo Spgs. on Thursday (8/2) morning and we should arrive early in the afternoon on Thursday.

I believe we'll be cooking over a campfire Friday evening and we may do the same for breakfast/lunches, but please let me know if there's anything else left on the list that I can bring. If not, I'll be happy to make a cash donation.

- Kevin

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/31/18.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
"The Warden" has instructed me to ask if she should bring her smoker - and whether, or not, the food (and menu) situation is already figured out.
Although staying in Quemado, this time, we can bring her smoker, some rub, necessary charcoal, any food or other supplies needed, and/or cash.
Anyone need anything?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
High Noon, and Mark, it looks as though the main food and serving items are being brought, and here is the latest list of things to bring that should be helpful.

Danish or other pastries for early breakfast - and if folks like such to go with eggs/bacon/potatoes, etc.

Gallon of fruit juice for breakfasts

Butter

Easy fruit (grapes/cherries/apples)

Dessert stuff for evening dinners (?? cookies, brownies, cake, pie ??)

Sugar and Half/Half or Creamer for coffee

Remember to bring your own coffee mug.

Safe travels all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will stop at Costco today to see what they have on the "still needed list" and I will report back later.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From Costco, I picked up 48 cookies, 6 lbs. of bananas & 5 lbs. of tangerines. They didn't have any apples, cherries or grapes. The coffee creamer was in a 5 lb. bucket, which I thought was too much, so I didn't get creamer.

Last edited by High_Noon; 08/01/18.

- Del Gue
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 22250rem, 160user, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 46 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,234
Posts18,504,419
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.