-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd like to see a .257 110-115gn Gamechanger. I guess more will be added soon.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Just another first iteration Ballistic Tip....they won't hold together as well as the newer BT's though.

And you know this because?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Brad, you took the words right out of my mouth !!

P
prm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Maybe these will at least shoot well. I keep hearing about BTs shooting well but that is not my experience. 165s in my 308 are acceptable, but average at best, 180s in 338 are the 2nd worse bullet for accuracy I’ve tried.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
There are so many great hunting bullets out there these days like Nosler Partitions, Accubonds, Barnes TTSX, etc. if one is already using a quality bullet that shoots well, why would you opt to try a new bullet like these unless you are just looking for something cheaper to punch paper or varmints? Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by WAM
There are so many great hunting bullets out there these days like Nosler Partitions, Accubonds, Barnes TTSX, etc. if one is already using a quality bullet that shoots well, why would you opt to try a new bullet like these unless you are just looking for something cheaper to punch paper or varmints? Happy Trails

There are so many great rifles, optics, calibers, bullets, powders out there these days, why try anything new. Come on WAM, you're talking to a bunch of guys many, if not most, of whom own multiple different rifles in the same calibers, multiple calibers in the same model rifles, who might have three or four "pet loads" for a rifle they use for one purpose and that only makes the rotation to the hunting fields every 4 or 5 years..... Rifle loonies don't need no stinkin' common sense...

Mathew 22: 37-39

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Have you tried their .224 69 gn. tipped MK`s? I don`t know about larger game, but they hold up well on PD`s. Accurate as all get out too.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by WAM

I am glad there are many that don't think the same way, the evidence is we have all those great products to try instead of one that "worked".

You will not make peace with the Blue Coats, you are free to go
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sierra has been sucking the hind one on adding BC enhancing tips to their bullets.....and now when it seems (to me at least) the future is in lead free bullets they are trying to simulate winners like the Accubonds, ballistic tips, Hornady SST, interbonds and scirocco II from Swift

One would think they could be a bit more foresighted.

Last edited by vapodog; 08/05/18.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I think perhaps in the past they focused on Matchkings because that was their volume bullet but when Berger & Match Grade Tipped bullets from Hornady and others started being used by "volume" shooters caused them to think again, but I could be wrong.

You will not make peace with the Blue Coats, you are free to go
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sierra sells so many Match bullets they could probably scrap the hunting line and be $$$ ahead. They make some really accurate bullets, just pick and choose which ones you use for hunting. Some are exceptional both good and bad.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good looking bullet.
[Linked Image]

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Good looking bullet.
[Linked Image]

Shoot some cervid biomass with it and get back to us!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Good looking bullet.
[Linked Image]

Shoot some cervid biomass with it and get back to us!

If they shoot 1 1/2" or better I plan on using them exclusively this fall. Maybe kill a half dozen deer to get a decent idea of what they will do. Hope to give them a whirl on coyotes too.

If they perform like a 100 grain Gameking I will be happy.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I gotta try em....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I can't imagine a Sierra bullet not shooting into 1 1/2 inch or better from a health rifle. They are consistently the most accurate brand of projectiles I've ever shot...and through many many guns.

-Joe-

The "Anti-Tactical"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Three30Eight
I can't imagine a Sierra bullet not shooting into 1 1/2 inch or better from a health rifle. They are consistently the most accurate brand of projectiles I've ever shot...and through many many guns.

This gun shows a very strong preference for a flat base. Only shot a couple of different boat tailed bullets from it with so so results. These could be different though.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
Have you tried their .224 69 gn. tipped MK`s? I don`t know about larger game, but they hold up well on PD`s. Accurate as all get out too.

The 69gr TMK is a stone cold killer on coyotes and pigs when pushed about 3500fps.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by vapodog
Sierra has been sucking the hind one on adding BC enhancing tips to their bullets.....and now when it seems (to me at least) the future is in lead free bullets they are trying to simulate winners like the Accubonds, ballistic tips, Hornady SST, interbonds and scirocco II from Swift

One would think they could be a bit more foresighted.

You have to sell product to the current market if you want to stay in business. The current market wants ultra high BC tipped bullets. They can build lead free hunting bullets if the market ever goes that way.

Scott
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by WAM

..... Rifle loonies don't need no stinkin' common sense...

What was I thinking? Must have lost my head there for a minute! Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

235 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 16gage, 204guy, 17CalFan, 34 invisible), 1,870 guests, and 1,029 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,861
Posts18,497,178
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.