Print Thread
Hop To
Page 180 of 785 1 2 178 179 180 181 182 784 785
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by FatCity67
What’s Greek style GW? Add mint? Pure Elk or a mix?

By memory, pure elk ground, red onion fine diced, parsley, oregano, minor amount of mint, raisins or dried cranberry, fresh garlic, olive oil, bake hot at 425. I eat them until I'm sick. My wife makes these....maybe not exact but this is close...

Edited to add we don't use ground beef anymore and haven't for many years. I think this ground batch is 5-8 percent fat.

Last edited by GregW; 08/07/18.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW

By memory, pure elk ground, red onion fine diced, parsley, oregano, minor amount of mint, raisins or dried cranberry, fresh garlic, olive oil, bake hot at 425. I eat them until I'm sick. My wife makes these....maybe not exact but this is close...

Edited to add we don't use ground beef anymore and haven't for many years. I think this ground batch is 5-8 percent fat.

Yup, reads like a recipe for engorgement.

I’d probably delete the fruit and add a panade for moisture givin using 100% game meat.

Bueno amigo think I just found a new camp meal if game meat is still in my freezer from the previous season.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Had neighbors over last night. I made a pile of carnitas and a pot of charro beans. Washed down with Hite beer. Pretty damn good.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I’d probably delete the fruit and add a panade for moisture givin using 100% game meat.

Bueno amigo think I just found a new camp meal if game meat is still in my freezer from the previous season.

Trust me, it adds that tiny bit of sweetness, a tiny bit, that makes it all come together. Im not a dried fruit guy but I very much prefer it with the fruit in. I forgot the binder, bit of panko or if we are out, oats...

And it's never dry either using the above. Never. Make them at least twice a month...

Last edited by GregW; 08/07/18.

- Greg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Geno- check out this companies bulk Chorizo if you shop at one of these stores.

http://newyorkstylesausage.com/wheretofindus.html

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Trust me, it adds that tiny bit of sweetness, a tiny bit, that makes it all come together. Im not a dried fruit guy but I very much prefer it with the fruit in. I forgot the binder, bit of panko or if we are out, oats...
And it's never dry either using the above. Never. Make them at least twice a month...

Gotcha, I’ll try it with craisins if I don’t end up with tag soup this fall. Yup panko is a good panade filler.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

BTW......powdered milk is in the baby food section. I wondered around Walmart looking for that chit for dam near an hour before I found someone to ask for directions. Thought I was gonna have to go to the food bank to find some.

Last time I searched for powdered milk was over 20 years ago. Thought it would be by the evapmilk.

That was the first place I looked......I even looked in the cereal aisle.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Chicken skillet - grilled or roasted whole chicken thighs, simmered in basil, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper. Served with cheesy garlic bread and roasted sweet potatoes. Simple, rustic, healthy, stuff your face worthy....

And a bunch of beers...grin...

- Greg

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Vegemite on toast !!

4 days of restaurant meals travelling, + 7 days of cruising meals ='s FAT food coma Paul !

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dinner tonight:

Cold flaked salmon, quinoa, tomato and avocado salad with a EVOO balsamic vinaigrette. Also portobello mushroom and parm cheese ravioli tossed in a little EVOO and lemon juice. Pictures will follow tonight.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by FatCity67; 08/08/18.

"Maybe we're all happy."

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Last night: HALF-POUND (before cooking over mesquite coals) half venison/half beef chuck patties for cheeseburgers with home-sliced steak fries (that were cooked in chicken grease), with tomatoes, sliced onions, hot peppers & served with cold beer. = WONDERFUL but all of the "eaters" overindulged.
(I don't often eat "stuff between slices of bread" or buns - It's one of my quirks BUT when I'm in the mood for a cheeseburger, I want it BIG, cooked medium-rare over live coals & homemade.)

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hamburg steak, lime beans, cottage cheese and some sliced tomatoes. Washed down w a big cold glass of water from a big glass jar I keep in the fridge.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sheppard's pie, dark rye bread, apple pie, at friend's home. Indescribly delicious.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Been in the high 90's....and headed above 100.

So we went to town and bought a camp stove.

Nice three burner unit. No need to cook anything inside now.

[Linked Image]

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
So, I marinated some of the salmon I had found for smoking and threw it on the grill.

Boiled potatoes, beans and grilled marinated salmon.

Was well received.

[Linked Image]

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
So, I marinated some of the salmon I had found for smoking and threw it on the grill.

Boiled potatoes, beans and grilled marinated salmon.

Was well received.

[Linked Image]

Looks good!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Been in the high 90's....and headed above 100.

So we went to town and bought a camp stove.

Nice three burner unit. No need to cook anything inside now.

[Linked Image]

What Big Jim is not telling us here is that pot with the spuds in it, is the size of a turkey fryer!

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Modern Outdoor propane accessories. Gotta lovem.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now you're cooking with gas Jim. I have the two burner version out on my deck.

The hibachi occupies half of it but but one burner and the little grill is plenty for my needs.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Nice setups fellas.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 180 of 785 1 2 178 179 180 181 182 784 785

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 11 invisible), 1,503 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.