Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 182 of 785 1 2 180 181 182 183 184 784 785
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
McCormicks Sweet and Smokey is by far my favorite store bought rub..

Great on ribs...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Whole beef short ribs?

Fugk & yes.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tonight Im thinking steak after playing golf.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Whole beef short ribs?

Fugk & yes.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looking like enough for 1!!

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Geno- check out this companies bulk Chorizo if you shop at one of these stores.

http://newyorkstylesausage.com/wheretofindus.html

Interesting FC,

I was going to comment that we have 2 stores here, the 4 Corners Mkt and a Holiday, good luck finding that here, but we actually have that stuff here! Matter of fact I just bought a package of their Hot Italian the other day. Was looking for ham hocks or some good looking bacon to go with some collards and beet greens, no luck so I said heck, I'll make some Italian style greens instead.....

Didn't get to that yet, my plans were for tomorrow, but we went over the hill to the farmers mkt in Cedarville today and one of the local folks had hocks, more Italian sausage, and grass fed beef liver so I get to make greens and hocks tomorrow! And liver for me and the four legged kids! I told the wife I might do it for breakfast and stink up the whole house for the day..................... made her really happy..............Not!

Thanks, I'll look for their chorizo. If we don't have it in one of the markets I'll see if they can order some. Should go good with the expensive eggs I hope to get soon.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
IIRC Geno, 5 months is typical for hens to be mature enough to lay eggs.

Add heaters for the hens and to keep water from freezing and lights for diurnal cycle, all at cold temps, and eggs get spendy!

Thanks ib,

Yeah, my feed store guy told me mid Aug before they get going much. Found another one last night outside the coop when I closed them in for the night. Nothing I could find today. They are sure making some laying type noises lately.

No power out there so I'm not going to do the light thing, of course we'll have more light than you folks so I may get a few more without the lights than you folks would. Going to have to figure out a water deal for them, maybe look for a solar water dish?

I added protein to their diet today. found two of these on my cherry tomato plant:

[Linked Image]

No weeds in my garden to speak of, but it seems the bugs have found me. Might have to break out some Bt.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice setups fellas.

Yes gentlemen, very nice.

Now, may I ask what brand propane units are those as I'm in the market for one myself? My little two burner, 1 lb canister, Coleman camping type was just bordering on two small for the canning pot I used for scalding those Godawful ALIEN technology Cornish Cross chickens I raised this year. And I could use a bigger set up for canning once this garden and hopefully greenhouse gets going here on our spread. And if our power ever goes out for more than a little while we can use it then too.

Thanks,
Geno

In it is contentment

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Zucchini "pancakes'" and a salad of a neighbor's mixed greens, red and romaine, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and bellpepper. The latter tossed with olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Whole beef short ribs?

Fugk & yes.

[Linked Image]

Where's the coconut? No friggen tree climbers around?

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds yummy Ed.

Ours was grilled..over oak charcoal.....yellowfin tuna, strip steaks, zucchini from the farmers mkt (discounted as we got there late and they wanted them gone, 2 for $0.50! ) and an Ichiban eggplant from our garden.

[Linked Image]

Geno

In it is contentment

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Nice setups fellas.

Yes gentlemen, very nice.

Now, may I ask what brand propane units are those as I'm in the market for one myself? My little two burner, 1 lb canister, Coleman camping type was just bordering on two small for the canning pot I used for scalding those Godawful ALIEN technology Cornish Cross chickens I raised this year. And I could use a bigger set up for canning once this garden and hopefully greenhouse gets going here on our spread. And if our power ever goes out for more than a little while we can use it then too.

Thanks,
Geno

My big camp stove is a Camp Chef Explorer three burner. So far I have been very pleased with it.

It has a big pot of potatoes boiling in 5 mins.

I also have a Bayou Classic turkey fryer that works good for big pots.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Jim,

Geno

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You can even cook breakfast on it.

This morning.....

[Linked Image]

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Geno.......my two burner is also a Camp Chef and I also have a Turkey Fryer....I use it to boil and wax traps. smile

If you do get a Camp Chef (I would if I were you) get the cover too......it's worth the coin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup the cover that doubles as a wind screen is worth it.

You could also try and find one of these old natural gas burners from the 1940’s and convert it like we did to propane.

This was a good breakfast.

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks guys

Jim, is that a RevereWare pan on the left with the sausage? If so, my second favorite pans after cast iron.

FC, I doubt I'll ever run across one of those old burners, but up here in the Old West, one never knows.

Charlie, thanks. I'll be keeping m y eyes open for "end of season" sales. Once the weather turns the stores will be trying to get rid of outdoor products so they can put the Christmas goodies out after Labor Day.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Local grass fed beef liver from our farmers market, onions from the garden. Liver was dredged in flour, dipped in beaten egg/milk, then covered with Progresso Italian Style bread crumbs. And because I was cooking, not someone behind a hash house counter it wasn't overcooked either. wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And the final product

[Linked Image]

next years garden will have new potatoes for dinners like this.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That liver sure looks better than the stuff that comes out of that little tub you get at the super market.

Good luck with your Camp Chef quest. You won't regret buying one.

You probably didn't recognize it for what it was because I had the cover on but you were setting right next to that stove when you were here last year.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
That liver sure looks better than the stuff that comes out of that little tub you get at the super market.

Good luck with your Camp Chef quest. You won't regret buying one.

You probably didn't recognize it for what it was because I had the cover on but you were setting right next to that stove when you were here last year.

Oh, it was SO much better than the mass production frozen in the tub liver Charlie. I rarely eat liver anymore since they started doing that. I liked looking at the slices in the meat case before I bought it way back in the olden days.

Even though the rancher had it frozen, likely for transport from the butcher and for storage, when it thawed out it looked as much like fresh liver as I had ever seen. And tasted wonderful.

I probably saw your stove then but didn't inquire about it as I was not in the market then, living in the RV and what not. Now that I'm in an electric cooking environment, having a larger back up propane unit sounds reasonable. I miss the gas stove in the RV, but I don't miss the cramped nature of trailer park living.

Geno

Last edited by Valsdad; 08/12/18.

In it is contentment

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It was my youngest sons 20th birthday today. We started with grilled linguica as we killed time to get the coals hot. He grilled fresh steelhead and asparagus over the coals whilst I pan seared scallops that I drizzled with a Balsamic reduction on the stove top along with rice pilaf. Dessert was a cherry pie his GF made pitting fresh cherries and rolling them into a proper crust that took two days to get right. The meal, in its entirety, was nutz.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 182 of 785 1 2 180 181 182 183 184 784 785

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 11 invisible), 1,512 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.