Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#13055548 08/13/18
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
My wife and I went to the Nascar Cup race at MIS yesterday.
We were gifted tickets by one of our new neighbors.
Pit passes were included, and let me tell you, it was da bomb!
Our seats were halfway up the grandstand, right across from the entrance to pit road.
Yesterday was a day where one driver had a significantly better car than anyone else.
Kevin Harvick in the Mobil One Fusion was glued to the track.
Most of his passes occurred from midway through Turn 1, where he drove under anybody, or driving farther into Turn 3 before letting off.
This was a first for both her and I, and we had a great time.
My wife got a lot of opportunities to use the Canon Eos Rebel T5 we bought new/used.
She's a rookie to SLR cameras, but the auto features in these newer ones make the transition easier.

I'll have some pics up later.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Don't ever go to the Bristol night race then. I've been to MIS 4-5 times in the past. Had no desire to go back after my first time going to Bristol.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recently stumbled on to videos like this, I like smashcar, and the radio chatter is funny as she ! t....

Dave

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
There are certainly loads of talented drivers out there, as well has lots of fun to be had at the race. That said, the sport and the experience is waaaay behind what it was 20+ years ago. Folks that are new to the sport don’t know what they’re missing. I would love to see the glory days return. I live in the heart of NASCAR country, and it sure was fun around here when the sport was at it’s peak! I’m glad to hear that you had fun at MIS. Great track for 3&4 wide racing. I attended a race there in the 90s and we had a blast too. Good race fans up there.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I gave it up when jeff gordan and some other guy got married , no thanks on nascar .....

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Ben300WSM
Don't ever go to the Bristol night race then. I've been to MIS 4-5 times in the past. Had no desire to go back after my first time going to Bristol.

I held season tickets to Atlanta, Indy and Bristol at one time and been to multiple other tracks for a single race. Bristol is by far the best racing to be seen. In my opinion, it reflects where Nascar came from.... short tracks on Saturday night.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
My wife and I went to the Nascar Cup race at MIS yesterday.
We were gifted tickets by one of our new neighbors.
Pit passes were included, and let me tell you, it was da bomb!
Our seats were halfway up the grandstand, right across from the entrance to pit road.
Yesterday was a day where one driver had a significantly better car than anyone else.
Kevin Harvick in the Mobil One Fusion was glued to the track.
Most of his passes occurred from midway through Turn 1, where he drove under anybody, or driving farther into Turn 3 before letting off.
This was a first for both her and I, and we had a great time.
My wife got a lot of opportunities to use the Canon Eos Rebel T5 we bought new/used.
She's a rookie to SLR cameras, but the auto features in these newer ones make the transition easier.

I'll have some pics up later.

MIS is a cool place Mark, if you enjoyed that get go there sometime when the Indy cars are running it, adds a whole nuther dimension.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Free bloomin onion day at the outback today... grin

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I’m not an amateur to Nascar, but finances and opportunity never met during the bulk of my working career.
It certainly has changed, the stage cautions at 60 and 120 laps , are strange. It sure gives an opportunity for a team to work it’s way back up a little easier.
It didn’t matter today though, there was no answer for Harvick.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

It certainly has changed, the stage cautions at 60 and 120 laps , are strange. It sure gives an opportunity for a team to work it’s way back up a little easier.

NASCAR's goal is pack racing for all the laps if possible; every single rule that they enact is almost certainly directed at that goal.

The worst example is their ridiculous G-W-C finishes which end in multiple car crashes usually at least once before they can finish a race.

I guess they think that big wrecks & pack racing is what the fans want; I am done with NASCAR, it's become a bad joke.

Might as well turn it into the same format as IROC was................draw straws for what car you will drive today as the rules leave virtually no room for any real innovation to turn into an advantage. As soon as someone gets any advantage, NASCAR takes it away with a new rule.

And I used to have an Annual NASCAR Pass to all the races with full garage & team access....................

MM

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love Nascar but I hate the gimmicks. In car cams, helmet cams, foot cams, driver cams, bumper cams,suspension cams, hell they would have a fuel tank cam if someone thought of it. What makes the TV people think anyone enjoys watching lap after lap of some driver just steering the car or working the pedals?

Last edited by Tracks; 08/13/18.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
💤.......

The pissing contests are the only gig they've got. Just let them "run what they brung" and it'd be worth watching.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
There are certainly loads of talented drivers out there, as well has lots of fun to be had at the race. That said, the sport and the experience is waaaay behind what it was 20+ years ago. Folks that are new to the sport don’t know what they’re missing. I would love to see the glory days return. I live in the heart of NASCAR country, and it sure was fun around here when the sport was at it’s peak! I’m glad to hear that you had fun at MIS. Great track for 3&4 wide racing. I attended a race there in the 90s and we had a blast too. Good race fans up there.

Was at the last 4 N.Wilkesboro races, tracks like that just had something special about them, then NASCAR decided that all of the tracks should replicate CHA.
They left me behind.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That video was great! They need to let that stuff rip on the broadcast. Imagine the viewership if they had those guys miked up and let them go.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I gave it up when jeff gordan and some other guy got married , no thanks on nascar .....

Who is "Jeff gordan" and who did he marry?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They ruined Michigan when they repaved it 6or 7 years ago. It used to be the best big track

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 08/13/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's more action during rush hour. And just how stupid is the "crank it up" thing? Yong......yong....yong....sounds more like a Chinese phone book.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been thinking about this for a long time. Now I haven't been a fan since they out lawed the 426 hemi and the super bird and charger Daytona. When did this become a team sport????

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Was at the last 4 N.Wilkesboro races, tracks like that just had something special about them, then NASCAR decided that all of the tracks should replicate CHA.
They left me behind.

Same here! We had a large group of rabid, dedicated race fans. We went to three or four races a year, camping out and attending on Saturday and Sunday. Closing N. Wilkesboro really stepped on our toes. We went to the last race there and never went back. I spoke with Humpy Wheeler about it several years ago. He said that closing tracks like N. Wilkesboro drove many of their core fans, like us, away. They left us! We sure miss the old days, but it doesn’t look like they’re coming back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
I love Nascar but I hate the gimmicks. In car cams, helmet cams, foot cams, driver cams, bumper cams,suspension cams, hell they would have a fuel tank cam if someone thought of it. What makes the TV people think anyone enjoys watching lap after lap of some driver just steering the car or working the pedals?

A butthole cam could get interesting at times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (44mc, 35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 15 invisible), 1,523 guests, and 939 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,950
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.