Print Thread
Hop To
G
Gregdoo Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
The leftover draw submission deadline was July 3rd. I submitted on July 2nd....did not get any confirmation, but I didn't during the primary draw in April either and that worked out, so wasn't concerned. They were supposed to send out results last week, and I didn't get any notification, so I called DPW today. They said I did not submit for leftover draw. I know I did, because after I made my elk selections, I played around with deer leftover draw and the went back in to the elk selection and the screen would not allow me to advance with a message to the effect of "You've already made a selection". I explained this to the DPW guy and asked if he had received similar complaints, he said he had not, but would refer my concern up the chain, but I've not heard anything yet. (I know the leftover tag list will come out on Aug 1st with sales starting on the 7th, but I had hoped to avoid that mess this year).

So, did anyone else have a similar issue with leftover draw this year?

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sounds like you are shafted .Left over list was posted today

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
G
Gregdoo Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Thanks...and appreciate the info that they were posted today. The tag I wanted is available on the leftover list in fair quantity, so I'll buy one next week. I just noticed that next week, the leftover tags are going to be available online August 7th, which is a change from the printed booklets which stated midnight on August 8th. (This is showing when you open the online booklet under "corrections") This has the potential to be a cluster (again)....last year they moved the online leftover sales to a day after the in-person sales to reduce pressure on their weak computer system. Even with that change, last year the system did lock up for a bit shortly after 9:10ish.....I was first in line at a retail agent and my tag went through, but the guy in line behind me had to wait at least 20 minutes for the system to come back up.

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Oh its gonna be a chitshow, you can count on it!

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Greg,
I waited till the last minute like you did, and when I put my choices in I also didn’t get a warm fuzzy that they got into the system. But I got confirmation emails for my draw on 7/16, and got my licenses a few days ago. I think they need to do a better job on the leftover draw system.
John(dog)

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
All the guys, that only look at the brochure are going to be pissed come Aug 8th

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
G
Gregdoo Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Yep.....I went to the Roundtable Caucus in Canon City the other night and asked if the computer system would be up for the challenge of online, retail and DPW office sales all at the same time on the 7th, and got the "well, I've still got the bruises from the prior years when the computers crashed, and "they" tell me it will be OK this year" answer from the regional manager. He didn't address why they moved the date forward. I'll be in line at a retail store at "zero dark thirty" and will get to see first hand come 9:00.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I refuse to deal with that crap from the Parks and Rec team. If there is a tag left after a few days I'll buy it online. If not, I'll bird hunt other states. Total cluster every year, count on it.

G
Gregdoo Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I would probably do the same, except that my non-resident hunting partner already has his tag and I need to do the leftover process to get in the same season and unit as him. For some reason, the tag he and I initially put in for he got and I didn't.....and that tag did not show any available during leftover draw, but it now shows on the leftover list with 54 available....(EF011O1R). Anyway, I'll be there first thing to also try for a much more limited pronghorn tag for him.

But yes, my experience the past 4 or 5 years have me skeptical that this year won't have the "normal" computer issues we've seen recently.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Was at the Hot Sulfur Spgs Game office bright and early this morning to try for a leftover cow tag for my unit. There was computer glitch about 9:03. Apparently it was worked out in about 10 minutes or so. I was # 18 in line and all in all took about 45 minutes to get my tag.

Just an fyi.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by saddlesore
All the guys, that only look at the brochure are going to be pissed come Aug 8th

Or if they waited past 9:30 this morning! Good tags gone....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I typically get what I'm after, of course I'm not tremendously picky, a 3rd season cow tag in open country. Youth tags carry over into following seasons up until Dec 31 and as I got two new youth hunters this year (my middle and youngest daughters), I suspect we'll have plenty of opportunity to be eating elk for the next 6 years.

Shooter's Edge
FFL in Western CO

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (222Sako, 204guy, 219DW, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,297
Posts18,487,051
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.