Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Who makes some really good bird hunting walking boots? I would like some as light and comfortable as tennis shoes.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have an older set of Russell Moccasin boots that are very comfortable. Also my Browning Ultralite Kangaroos are equally good, though I have no idea if they make them anymore.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
I have an older set of Russell Moccasin boots that are very comfortable. Also my Browning Ultralite Kangaroos are equally good, though I have no idea if they make them anymore.

All during my teen years I lusted over a pair of those Browning Kangaroos,nearly as much as over my short skirt wearing English teacher.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig

All during my teen years I lusted over a pair of those Browning Kangaroos,nearly as much as over my short skirt wearing English teacher.

Had several pair kangaroos in the 80’s they were quite possible the best boots I’ve ever owned. Quality went down in the 90’s.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you have a narrower foot try some Lowas.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Russell

Phil

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Some say Danner has gone down hill. Usually out of my price range, I caught some on sale & love them.

Have couple friends that bought Irish Setters & now that about all they wear daily.

Different feets, different likes.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Would be tough to beat the browning Kangaroo for comfort . I finally bought a pair a few years back

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They still dye them green?

"Maybe we're all happy."

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have a pair of Danner Pronghorns with the side zippers and some thinsulate that work great for colder walking both upland and deer hunting. Of course they don’t make that particular model anymore. They are made offshore.

Also like the old fashioned Bean hunting shoe uninsulated if the walking is not to steep. Wet and cold cheap pair of Muck boots work here to.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by FatCity67
They still dye them green?

I donj't know about current production, mine are

I have been using meindle boots for the last few hears and am very happy with them. I have the perfekt hunter and the air revolution. The air revoloution are great lightweight and comfortable boots. Didnt have to break them in hardly at all. But they were only waterproof for the first year. I still wear them for bowhunting and it aint a big deal because i can just take them to cabelas and get a brand new pair for free. I had a set of meindle ibex and they were great also, wore them for like 5 years and they got a hole in the back of the boot, so i took them in and got a brand new set of the perfekt hunters for free. They are a great late season hunting boot and are very comfy. I hiked 3 miles the first time i wore them and didnt get any hot spots and after that they were broke in perfect. With all of these meindle boots you absolutely MUST get the perfekt foot bed inserts though. IF YOU DONT THEY ARE ALL LIKE WALKING ON A 2x4. Hope this helps.

Anybody wanna go hunt rocks?
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Thanks guys. What I want is an ultra light,ultra comfortable boot. I have several pairs of heavier,sturdier boots for rough weather or terrain. They don't even have to be waterproof,or insulated. I want an early season,fair weather boot.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would take a look at the Crispi Lapponia. I don't have that particular boot, but I have their Wyoming and Nevada models and they are the best boots I've owned. The Lapponia is supposed to be their lightest boot.

https://www.blackovis.com/crispi-lapponia-gtx-hunting-boot

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
R H Clark ,

I have been needing a pair similar to the boot you describe . But , I worry about fat little pygmy rattlesnakes around here that can and have bit people through the side of the boot .

Last edited by ol_mike; 08/15/18.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Custom made russells. My light pair is Kangaroo topped lightweight birdshooter. They are waterproof.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've got a pair of brownings with a vibram sole that I've walked a bunch of miles in. Goretex liner but un-insulated.

I'll need them re-soled soon and hope to get a bunch more out of them, but if I never walked another step, they'd of been worth every penny I gave for them.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Cabela's make a knock off of the Browning kangaroo (green) boots that are less expensive and very comfortable. I have wide feet and the Cabelas boots are my go-to foot wear for weekend projects and chasing birds.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had a pair of the Cabela's Kangaroo leather boots for many years. They have 400 grams of thinsulate insulation and are leather lined. They have a vibram sole that doesn't cake up with mud and are VERY LIGHT. Put some Sno-Seal on them and you're good to go.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Depends on where and what terrain you are hunting.

Cool weather with no snakes and no water, go Keen Targhee II

I'm on my second set of Russell Zephyrs. First lasted 14 years of wearing several times a week.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, Akhutr, 79S, 18 invisible), 1,800 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,440
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.