Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Here is the only pic I can find. We aren't real big picture takers, kind of regret it on a few deer.
[Linked Image]

I like him. Nuttin wrong with that buck.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by tzone
As much as I really want to shoot a 10...I love a nice clean 8pt buck.

Nothing sexier than a mainframe eight.

I agree. I've been close - shot several big bucks that would have been nice 8s, but with broken brow tines and G2s. I'd love to add a big, perfectly symmetrical 8 to the collection.

Some nice bucks fellas.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Ok, here’s some more 8’s I killed
This guy has a busted eye guard and short G2’s otherwise has mass and main beam length.
I love his upswept beam.
[Linked Image]
This guy took a 225 Accubond
[Linked Image]
Another 8 with a broken eye guard, shot him with a Remington 1100
[Linked Image]
My smallest 8, first deer I shot when Indiana allowed rifles, 225 Accubond
[Linked Image]
I shot this guy and his girlfriend with my 11/87
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
forgot about this guy, real small eye guards shot with my .223
[Linked Image]
And my first nicest bow kill
[Linked Image]
And my brothers wild 8 with extras
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwall
Guys I have a real FREAKISK buck i killed a couple years ago.
It’s NOT an 8 by any normal count. He was a breeder & fighter.

Wanna see it ? No problem if not.

Jerry

Of course we want t see it.

T , I suppose you saw Tinman's quote of my Freak buck from 2016 but

just in case, the story and pix are on P 5 here.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I wish this pic was digital. The mount is from the deer in the pic. His body was big, field dressed at 227# and I had to fold his head/neck to close the tailgate on my f-150.

[Linked Image]

T, I really like the Field pix. I have a GOOD 8 and nice 10 mounted but I can't get the light right for a decent pic.
I haven't gone to the effort to take them outside and prop em up with decent background.

I have a racks from a few 8s and 10s that are at least as good as those mounted and 1 or 2 may be a bit better. Too much trouble to
get decent pix.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Tom

You've got a good set up for pix of mounts. Looks Great. I especially like the UPSWEPT rack as well.
Congrats on killin.

Guys gotta run, chores an all.......

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
on my place they tend to run 8 points, rarely see anything with 10 points. Over the years I've taken some crab claw type 9s.
This one grossed 173. M70 Classic Fwt 243 with a 100 Hornady Interlock
[Linked Image]
Have what must be his Great Grandson at the taxidermists now, grossed 161

M77 MkII 257 Roberts with a 100 Hornady Interlock
[Linked Image]
JC Higgins (Husky HVA) 308 with a Sierra 165 Gameking sp
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Ole_270; 08/15/18.
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
My God man! Those are some buster eight points. UN frickin real.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Tom; digging that first buck with the main beams that go on forever. Pretty. Cool.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Here's a BIGUN in about 5-6 yrs. TODAY this baby couldn't get thru my fence. Mama was waiting till I walked up.
I was 5' away --- ZOOM pic up. It layed down on its own and NEVER made a sound. I put him over the fence and walked away.
I did NOT handle it ANY more than I had to. I'd guess he/it weighed ?maybe? 5 lbs.

I walked straight back to my barn and looked back Mama was back to fence. Happy Ending.

[Linked Image]

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I wish this pic was digital. The mount is from the deer in the pic. His body was big, field dressed at 227# and I had to fold his head/neck to close the tailgate on my f-150.

[Linked Image]

T, I really like the Field pix. I have a GOOD 8 and nice 10 mounted but I can't get the light right for a decent pic.
I haven't gone to the effort to take them outside and prop em up with decent background.

I have a racks from a few 8s and 10s that are at least as good as those mounted and 1 or 2 may be a bit better. Too much trouble to
get decent pix.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. I shot him at 10 yards with a .30-06. It was the first deer I actually hunted for specifically and the fist deer I ever shot that ran when hit.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Ole_270

This one grossed 173. M70 Classic Fwt 243 with a 100 Hornady Interlock
[Linked Image]

Outstanding buck!

Camp is where you make it.
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Here's a BIGUN in about 5-6 yrs. TODAY this baby couldn't get thru my fence. Mama was waiting till I walked up.
I was 5' away --- ZOOM pic up. It layed down on its own and NEVER made a sound. I put him over the fence and walked away.
I did NOT handle it ANY more than I had to. I'd guess he/it weighed ?maybe? 5 lbs.

I walked straight back to my barn and looked back Mama was back to fence. Happy Ending.

[Linked Image]

Jerry

Gotta love those babies. My little 18 acre holding is a bonified nursery. I have an old doe here that has used my spring hollow,(adjoining my yard 60 ft from the house), for fawning 4 years running. Ill have half a dozen fawns on the place in the spring every year. We like seeing them.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Below are a few of the better 8 points I have had roaming on my property in the last few years. I was lucky enough to tag the first one, but the other two I only ever saw on camera for a couple of years. Maybe once my kids are grown I will have a little more time to chase deer grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Everyone should see the OLD buck that is resident in the TX State Natural Area near Boerne, TX.

The first time that I saw him was 2 years ago & he looked like he had caught his head in a briar-bush. = Talk about an "non-typical rack"!!! = I would GUESS 50+ points & I'm guessing about a foot beyond each ear-tip..

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Nice bucks Blong!

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by satx78247
Everyone should see the OLD buck that is resident in the TX State Natural Area near Boerne, TX.

The first time that I saw him was 2 years ago & he looked like he had caught his head in a briar-bush. = Talk about an "non-typical rack"!!! = I would GUESS 50+ points & I'm guessing about a foot beyond each ear-tip..

yours, tex

I agree. I'd like to see that guy.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Otter,

I firmly believe that that big ole boy KNOWS that he's perfectly safe inside the Natural Area. = It hacks me off that each time that I've seen him "out & about", that I never seem to have my good camera.
(I bought the camera & my Darla promptly "adopted": it to take photos of her various interior decorating projects.)

Trust me, "Mister BIG" has missed NO meals either.

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 08/15/18.

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blong
Below are a few of the better 8 points I have had roaming on my property in the last few years. I was lucky enough to tag the first one, but the other two I only ever saw on camera for a couple of years. Maybe once my kids are grown I will have a little more time to chase deer grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice! Makes me wonder why I drive all the way to Matfield Green. grin

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 30 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,626
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.