Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Driftboater
Hey Persiandog, You're allowed to have guns in communist California?

yes until further notice !

i am moving to Boise soon.

HR IC

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Only allowed 45 long guns and 10 pistols. No more room in the safes.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Remorse always passes. Buy something nicer.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sidepass
Only allowed 45 long guns and 10 pistols. No more room in the safes.

buy a bigger safe.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
As has already been stated several times in this thread, the best way to get over selling a "beloved" rifle is to go out and buy another.. I have owned many dozens of rifles and I have liked some more than others but I never got attached to any given rifle so much that I wouldn't sell it if the price was right.....Good luck.....Hb

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by Driftboater
Hey Persiandog, You're allowed to have guns in communist California?

yes until further notice !

i am moving to Boise soon.

You will not have to deal with culture shock, Boise has become California in Idaho. Lots of your fellow Californians there and also lots of Mexicans (sorry - undocumented immigrants), Somalis, other unidentifiable Africans that the various church organizations have brought in, Russians, Ukrainians, Middle Easteners of all sorts.
Traffic has become so bad that it often comes to a complete stop on the interstate. Oh yes - I almost forgot to mention that the smog is so bad some days that the mountains cannot be seen. The median home price in Boise is now over $308,000 dollars and it is one of the fastest growing areas in the U.S.
It certainly is not the Boise I knew and loved so many years ago, but since you are coming from California it will probably not bother you so much.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by persiandog
I sold my beloved Kimber 84M 2 weeks ago and been depressed ever since. why did i do that ?
guns are not inanimate objects , i had a dream last night about my kimber,is there any cure for my depression ? may be i buy a .308 and 6.5 CM just to get even.

First much of your depression probably because of the fact you live in California but it’s also easy to get depressed after selling a gun. The cure... stop selling them. I have regretted selling EVERY single one of mine in one way or another. Fortunately it has resulted in this pattern of behavior (same as getting rid of a cartridge) for me
1) Gun/cartridge sold...
2) Depression/sellers remorse occurs
3) Buy new gun/cartridge to replace
4) Buy another
5) Buy back exact cartridge and gun or similar gun

This pathway is more costly than not selling it but you do get two more guns/cartridges out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by drover

You will not have to deal with culture shock, Boise has become California in Idaho. Lots of your fellow Californians there and also lots of Mexicans (sorry - undocumented immigrants), Somalis, other unidentifiable Africans that the various church organizations have brought in, Russians, Ukrainians, Middle Easteners of all sorts.
Traffic has become so bad that it often comes to a complete stop on the interstate. Oh yes - I almost forgot to mention that the smog is so bad some days that the mountains cannot be seen. The median home price in Boise is now over $308,000 dollars and it is one of the fastest growing areas in the U.S.
It certainly is not the Boise I knew and loved so many years ago, but since you are coming from California it will probably not bother you so much.
drover

I start with Boise and check it out for myself.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Yep. Just letting you know that it may be more like what you are trying to get away from then you are anticipating it to be,

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Reckon it may have something to do with my past experience as a filthy whore, seem to have a bad habit of horse trading, selling, and otherwise dispensing of guns dependant on want, need, or whim.
The only regret that seems to stick with me is for selling a translucent green ESP Vintage Plus to make it through some hard times years back. That particular guitar damn near played itself, seemed to have an affinity for Stevie Ray, even when in the hands of a half tone deaf stumble bum like me.
Last seen in Anchorage, tried tracking it down a few times..
Would quickly trade off yet another gun if I ran across it or one it,s brothers again..

Last edited by Muttly; 08/09/18.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It’s just “stuff.”

As my nephew often states: “That’s a first world problem.”

Move on.

Last edited by buttstock; 08/09/18.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I traded a rem 700 mountain 260. About 3 years ago and regretted it ever since.

Luckily, I was on armslist last week and found an identical rifle. It turned out to be the same rifle and same guy I traded it to. Now it's back in the safe with a good lesson learned...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by peeshooter
Remorse always passes. Buy something nicer.

Kept trading up until I reached two custom Borden rifles and two Sako 85 Finnlights. Took me until I was 50 to get there.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Smokecheck
I traded a rem 700 mountain 260. About 3 years ago and regretted it ever since.

Luckily, I was on armslist last week and found an identical rifle. It turned out to be the same rifle and same guy I traded it to. Now it's back in the safe with a good lesson learned...

Wow ..... That's cool.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
where do i begin to tell a story of a love....

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I sold a Mauser action 7x57 rifle to my boss once needing cash to buy a model 29 Smith 44 mag in display box another co worker was selling.
Regretted it as i found out the gun smith who built it was from RIO Dell ca. Mr. Pierce who was known for his Mauser's. He was a really good gun smith back in the day.

But what really got my goat was i sold it at a good price to get cash quick and to help out my boss who was looking for a deer rifle.

We were going to shoot it about a month after i sold it to him when he said my brother said you got me on this rifle you can buy a old Mauser for around 100 bucks at big 5.

I told him i wanted the rifle back right now pulling in to a atm I sold it to him for 300 bucks with a nice scope. He said nope i am keeping it as i can always say you screwed me.
I regretted ever selling him that dam rifle a full stock good shooting Mauser.

I came to work the next day still mad as hell threw the receipt for the scope that i paid over 400 bucks for some 6 months earlier. He still has the rifle as far as i know I would love to buy it back as he does not have a clue between a Military mauser and one that has been custom made sorry for rant still pissed years later.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Buy another gun, it helps get over the hurt!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The cure to what ails you is BARRETT FIELDCRAFT. You’re welcome.

"Pessimism never won any battle." - Dwight Eisenhower
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've sold some that I would like to have back, but I doubt I'd be willing to pay what they are worth to get them...

Harry
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I’ve had gun buyers remorse once or twice. Feel like I gotta replace it with something better before I sell though, or then I might get the sellers remorse.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.