Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 55 of 85 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 84 85
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
up at 4 to beat the heat 55>90 smile 5 miles, Confucius say “exercise extreme caution when running technical single track with headlamp!”

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Upper body and core. Should be back on the bike and trails "soon" as this portion of the project wrapped up about 10 pm last night out in the shop. crazy Ready to not be around machinery for a few days. It's been a nutty last few weeks. I'm understanding why exercise for the sake of exercise ain't really a blue-collar thing. At the end of the day- especially this last week or so- there's just nothing left.

Wife exits the Sierra today. Ready to exercise her sweet, sweet....... never mind. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Many moons ago..... when I was falling timber for a living, I would have laughed heartily if someone were to have asked ”what do you do for exercise?” smile

have your wife post up some photos and impressions from her trip, well after she catches up with her domestic chores of course laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Man..... yes.... exactly.... I wake up sore almost every morning.

It's not that I'm wrestling giant things... the largest casting is about 22 lbs. It's more the work of getting them in/out of the fixtures. They need to be TIGHT or..... bad things happen involving large objects flying through the air and expensive tooling and machinery damaged. smile So.... lots of cranking down with big t-handle wrenches etc. I did buy a sweet impact driver and when I can use that it takes a real load off.

My hands, arms, shoulders, whatever those muscles around the shoulder blades are called.... are strong like ox. Been dancing with tendon issues in my arms but so far it's just a faint warning.

I'm letting my partner/customer abuse me a bit because we engaged this process already in an emergency status. The final customer is desperate for the product and has $$ to burn. Long story and I already say to much here (sorry, but I like youse guys)... once we get them caught up it will be a bit more civilized. I've had one day off in.... 3 weeks?! Fawk. OTOH I'm literally doing $1k days out here. So the carrot is dangling big time. smile

I did figure a way to cut 2 bearing seats on 27 shafts to within +/- .0001" (one ten thousandth) MUCH faster than how I'd been doing it. The mental challenges of this work are seriously fun if you like figuring shït out. Which I do.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No workout for me today, did another session with my DPT, mainly dry needling in the lower back and glute. Sore now but should be better tomorrow.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
two a days, just like in high school laugh went to the gym after work
5 rounds
10 thrusters
10 pull-ups
30 push-ups

Jeff you know the saying “all work and no play.,,,”

I guess I probably shouldn’t announce I’m going part time in September!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
up at 4 again, 55 vs 95- easy choice, 3.5 miles with a 40 lb pack (no pack for Tiny Elvis :))

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mike, that's great! I got a buddy our age who's semi-retiring. He has a few rentals that are all paid off and purely cash-flowing now, the bastid. In fact he's in CO as I type doing high-altitude bike rides.

I'm going the other direction <g>. I'm attempting to set up a late-earning-prime cash EXPLOSION that greases the skids for me down the road. smile I have zero debt, property is paid for, house is new and paid for, cars, machines, everything.... so if I can get this thing really popping for a decade it's almost pure gravy. The key is gonna be not letting it eat me alive. At this point, it is, but as I say we engaged this thing knowing that it would be in crises-mode until we got the final customer caught up. These assemblies are critical to their final product..... they are howling and waving cash....

I really, really, REALLY enjoyed my younger years and "making money" wasn't a big thing for me then. Life experiences were. I knew it'd make this era of my life more, I dunno, difficult, but it's the trade I made. As peers start to retire or semi-retire I will grant that I'm a bit jealous.... in a way. In other ways I welcome the level of challenge and pure engagement. I'm no where NEAR ready to give that up. I love this stuff. In a strange and difficult to articulate way, my head injury created or brought up a level of OCD that when combined with my prior personality seems to be really working... it's kinda bizarre frankly but I'll take it. For example, I've really noticed it as I've started playing guitar again; I'm much more aware of the fine points of technique and very interested in chasing down and fixing same. And within the realm of what I know and do, I'm a hell of a machinist at this point.... knock on wood, haha.... which is FUN; it's fun to be good at something hard. So it's all good. Just gotta find that balance.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
sounds like you have a solid plan; hopefully in the not too distant future you’ll get a little more “play time” in!

my new position (same job) they call share time, basically two people covering a 80 hour work period- one week I work three days and then have a four day weekend, the next just days and a five day weekend. I will have to cover some vacation/sick leave stuff, so probably closer to 60% work vs 50%, regardless much less than 100% laugh

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hit the gym, cardio for me today. Finally making some progress, the last three cardio sessions I've been able to push myself a little harder, and the heart rate has stayed lower.

Plus for the first time in about a year I tipped the scales at under 200. "Fighting weight." Elk season is only 23 days away. I got a bear tag too, which guarantees I won't see any.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sub-200 is awesome!

How's the confidence level in the cankle? Is it ready to be abused in the high country?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Only one way to find out, and I haven't pushed it yet.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Stairmaster intervals: 15min

Had some cutting done in the AM for a dental implant. Really not all that bad, but a hunting Bud that did the work wanted me to go easy and not shake to much on the bone growth. So we did some weights: standing press, deadlifts and farmers walk along with the daily push-ups.

Watched the Bucs go down to the Cubs. 🙁

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yesterday - AM - 3 rounds pushups, dips, BB curls, DB rows. Still making progress on all three.
PM - 15min C2, 20min stairstepper

Today - AM - 45min on bike trainer. Had some equipment issues so I bumped up the intensity factor to make up for the abbreviated workout.

Still sorting out the new normal but I'm feeling better about my hunt in Sept.

Anyone here every look at or try the MtnTough routine? I found it this week and looks interesting but nothing special for the cost from first glance.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
Increased to an 85 pound pack this morning for my hike, wore me out none of my joints hurt so I must be doing something right (for once!)

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
Only one way to find out, and I haven't pushed it yet.

When my ankle was rebuilt in 2015, the hardest thing was gaining confidence in it. I still find I have some bad habits of favoring my ankle, although most of the time it feels better than my other ankle.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Increased to an 85 pound pack this morning for my hike, wore me out none of my joints hurt so I must be doing something right (for once!)

Well, then I'm obviously doing something wrong. My joints hurt all the time. Anyway, I think I'm going to quit working out. Smoke said he will carry me in on his back along with a wall tent and a pot belly stove that will also produce electricity. I said I will be more than willing to do the dishes if he also carries in a dishwasher.

No wait, Smoke said he knows a guy who will carry me in. Fat chance of that. Looks like I'll have to stay home.

Last edited by battue; 08/17/18.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I’ve looked at some Mtn Tough workouts, they look legit, but nothing earth shattering. If a guy didn’t know where to start or just wanted some additional motivation, maybe.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by The_Yetti

Well, then I'm obviously doing something wrong. My joints hurt all the time. Anyway, I think I'm going to quit working out. Smoke said he will carry me in on his back along with a wall tent and a pot belly stove that will also produce electricity. I said I will be more than willing to do the dishes if he also carries in a dishwasher.

No wait, Smoke said he knows a guy who will carry me in. Fat chance of that. Looks like I'll have to stay home.

One thing I've done to help the joints is to really try to cut down on sugars. I've read that consuming a lot of sugars in food cause swelling of the joints, which then cause joint pain. It surprised the hell out of me this morning to not have achy knees or ankles, but it's how it was this morning.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Tried it....

Knees are the problem. Old age and perhaps the residual effects of lymes are the cause. Yet the Docs look at them and say those are a pretty good set of knees.

Addition: Going to walk the Merlot for 3 miles or so. Think I’ll put the pack on, just to piss the knees off. grin

Last edited by battue; 08/17/18.

Page 55 of 85 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 84 85

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 59 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,500
Posts18,509,196
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.