Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
It has been over twenty years since "Unintended Consequences" caused a stir, and yet it is not to be found in libraries, and when found in its original version (rarely) it is obscenely expensive. In a capitalist country such as ours it should be into its thirtieth printing by now and found in every library in the country. Why not?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That book should be required reading.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
As much as I love real paper books I will seldom pay an inflated price for a publication that can be had for free, at archive.org.

Unintended Consequences - Free copy.

SAF / GOA / NRA Life Member - Endowment - Patron

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Good read. Yup. Read it about 20 years ago now.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Had a copy in my possession when it first came out and lent it to a buddy at the time. Never did get it back.

Just wish John Ross had stepped across the rubicon politically.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I borrowed a buddies copy and read it 5-6 times and returned it. Found one copy at a gunshow and gladly gave the guy the $5 he wanted for it. When life is especially stressful, I slow up, sit down and read IT. Kinda like the bible it never gets old. It's simply the finest novel that comes as close to the truth as there is. MB

And no I don't loan it out.

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 08/17/18.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Grateful Shooter: I just saw this post and went to several sites to check prices on the original hardback edition.
Prices (asking) ran from $181.00 to $251.00 - I have a new unread still in the plastic wrap hardback edition I will sell you for $145.00 delivered.
I am amazed at these prices found all over the internet from Amazon to private book sellers?
I forget what I paid for this book originally.
I bought this book on the recommendations of a very good friend and just have been to busy to read it.
Let me know - anyone - if interested in the book.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just downloaded it for FREE. Thanks for the "heads up" GS. Read it years ago and will re-read now.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
What's it about ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
We had a book float around the plant ( many years ago), and a few friends tried to get me to read it. I avoided it, thinking that 800 plus pages would take me forever. I read the first chapter at work, bought a copy....had it completed in about a week!

If you’re a gun nut, love history, and can imagine how easily the “tide” of events can change.....it’s a great read! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks memtb !

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I still have my copy but had no idea that used copies are so expensive. What is the going rate for one in good condition?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was just talking to someone a few weeks ago... and it seems that they’re going for a couple hundred bucks! I may be off....I ‘ve slept since then! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ol_mike
What's it about ?

It's about consequences that occur that are not intentional.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
What's it about ?

The premise is that gun control is unconstitutional and he shows the unintended consequences of government overreach by weaving in each gun control restriction and how those restrictions created more overreach to the point that patriots said enough and fought back. Well worth the time to read.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Grateful Shooter: I just saw this post and went to several sites to check prices on the original hardback edition.
Prices (asking) ran from $181.00 to $251.00 - I have a new unread still in the plastic wrap hardback edition I will sell you for $145.00 delivered.
I am amazed at these prices found all over the internet from Amazon to private book sellers?
I forget what I paid for this book originally.
I bought this book on the recommendations of a very good friend and just have been to busy to read it.
Let me know - anyone - if interested in the book.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

LOL. Thanks anyway VG. Since I've already downloaded a free copy for my Kindle, I think I'll just go ahead and pass on the $145 paper version you are offering.

Out-of-print book prices can really skyrocket, but it's less of a concern (except to book collectors) now that electronic copies of many books are readily available. I did once spend $75 for a copy of the A-Square: Any Shot You Want, Handloading & Rifle Manual, but that was a case where I could not locate an electronic copy and I really wanted a hard copy anyway. I generally try to avoid paying inflated prices.

SAF / GOA / NRA Life Member - Endowment - Patron

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What's it about ?

863 pages

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I used the link and have just finished part 1. It’s a good read so far. I don’t know how many pages but they do read fast.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I had a copy many years ago and as others loaned it out to never see it again . I remember the camps of soldiers wanting their dues , but had forgotten it was McArthur , Douglas , and Patton who led the siege .
Then later to be held as military greats ? I find that a hard pill to swallow , and don't tell me they were just majors at the time following orders .
When I first read the refresher just a few minutes ago , I blew a gasket . Recently have been reading about the infiltration of our country by the cabal as early as the 1700's and some who were very important men in our history has been glorified as great Americans and had a hard time grasping that , but now I can see how it may have very well been . Definitely will be reading it through out the week .
Kenneth

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

384 members (160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 34 invisible), 1,828 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,394
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.