Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I'm laughing. Look who the service break happened to. Love it! Poor leetle boxer.

Last edited by Old Ornery; 08/17/18.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So is this a product they normally stock that they haven’t been able to get to you in three months? Or a special order item direct from the manufacturer.

Guessing on the answers here this person boxer has lots of bad customer service experiences.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd heard Big Stick had a problem with Carmaland, didn't know Boxer did too. I reckon Big Stick is saving the "big post" for after all the mail gets opened....

Then again, a return of goods and a replacement isn't rocket science.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I would imagine that the sycophants are preparing to mount a defense (not of Cameraland).

Yeah, okay, I had to google "sycophant."

I've probably made 12 purchases from Doug, with nary a problem. I wouldn't hesitate to order from him - before the year is out, I'm sure I will again.

We have an office in New Hyde Park, NY, about 25 minutes away from Doug's location. His store has a good reputation with our employees. Matter of fact, next time I'm there I'm going to make it a point to swing by his store.

Folks from all over Long Island come there to buy camera equipment. I guess photography is a thing on Long Island.

Not sure I made my thought clear - I was referring to sycophants of Boxer.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i called them twice to order some hooks, i think it was scott i talked to. both times he told me he was busy took my number and said he'd call back, that never happened. i got the hooks somewhere else.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have only purchased one item from CL. It was on back order and there was a slight delay. Doug helped me and made good on everything he said. In fact they gave me a discount without my asking for it for my having to wait. I'm sorry you got bad service but I could not be happier about the service I received. Also the price was outstanding.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Typical little Larry, worrying about the little things in life and never focused on things that matter. Congratulations?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

If you likes yer CL .........you can keep your CL.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear of your bad run.
I buy my camera's that I use for my knife pictures off of these guys and they always took care of me,straight up. Just my $.02 Hope you get squared away

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
IMO, there are no "deals" at CL that cannot be beaten elsewhere.............hence I don't do any business with them.

MM

Try buying a new/demo Leica HD-R Geovid 10X42 for $995 as I did from Doug. Yeah, it took a couple of weeks, but so what? The guy saved me $1000.

Sometimes there are better deals out there, but it can't be easy for CL to keep up with pricing on alpha glass when companies like Swarovski impose strict price controls.

The guys there at CL do what they can for us, imho.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
At least a dozen orders here. Never had one ounce of a problem.
Wouldn't hesitate to order again.
GreggH

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Some people seem to have consistently schidty luck with customer service. I wonder why.

I'm certain wonder isn't new to you.

Good job Castanza,You really need to try harder at being a douche....you aren't even good at that.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Calling Jud to the white courtesy phone.......

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
IMO, there are no "deals" at CL that cannot be beaten elsewhere.............hence I don't do any business with them.

MM

This.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I normally don't chime in on many threads and never on one that 4 pages deep in one afternoon. But I have several dealings with Doug at Cameraland and never had an issue that was not resolved quickly and 100% to my satisfaction. I believe him to honest, fair and an asset to this and other forums.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is this where i get to vent?

Yeah... had enough poor service to NOT be my first, second, or third choice. Am not airing the laundry today; doug can pm this customer if he wants the feedback.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
1.) Boxer = Big Stick. BS (apt moniker) is limited in his privilege to post here, hence the sock puppet..

2.) Sounds like the issue might be more Leica than CL. If so, WTF you want? Send somebody to the gas chamber over it? I always find it interesting that those that are most critical of customer service have NEVER had a career in which customer service is the lifeblood of the business....or their paycheck. By in large, the most critical are either clock punching drones or those who work with their back and not their heads. They demand Ritz- Carlton service, but no way in hell are willing to pay Ritz-Carlton prices to enjoy the luxury. They want Walmart prices and then bitch that they get Walmart customer service.

3. ) Sites like this need sponsors, and Doug has earned a good rep with quite a number of CF members. Some of you think you can save $20 elsewhere? What is this forum that you're constantly on worth? Are those cheaper/bargain sites supporting RickBin? Hell no! In all walks of life you will find those who only take and never put anything back.

Sorry to hear Stumpy is having issues with CL. By reputation, I feel confident CL will do whatever they can to make it right. I'm certain the efforts will go unappreciated.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doug called me and offered a $25 gift certificate for a range finder that was advertised wrong...Never got it in spite of 3 calls and 2 emails.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I have ordered a number of scopes and cameras from Cameraland through the years. Every transaction
was handled as agreed except one. Doug got in touch with me (email or message) and told me the item
was going to be shipped a few days later than stated.

Other than that everything has been perfect with buying from them. That one problem could hardly be
called an imperfection. Just a delay that was unavoidable.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I got my wife her Canon SLR upgrade and several binos from CL and was pleased with the service and price. My wife usually bought her photography stuff from another big store but I told Doug what the other place offered and asked if he could match it or beat it. He matched their price and threw in an extra battery (Canon, not a cheapo replacement) and several other things. I wanted to give him my business because of the campfire and he made it easy for me to do so.

Other than that how’d you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?

I love a call-out thread and can’t stop laughing at the fact that it was initiated by an infamous innanet icon. When you’re limited to 1 post per day you have to get the most miles out of it, a call-out thread never doesn’t have legs. 😂

Let us bow our heads and pray..........

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 1,878 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,877
Posts18,497,732
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.