-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK, he sucks. Kill him in the gas chamber.

(Q. - Did Doug place the advert, or was it on the website? If so, what did he really owe you? I agree if he offered you a gift certificate he needs to deliver, but it sounds like he was trying to do right by you. )

Originally Posted by 10at6
Doug called me and offered a $25 gift certificate for a range finder that was advertised wrong...Never got it in spite of 3 calls and 2 emails.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Poor little Larry ........ Boo stinking hoo!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm NOT defending Boxer.......but just because some of you have experienced good customer service from CL does not mean other's bad experience didn't happen.

The experience I posted earlier did, in fact, happen.......I informed Doug of the issue and he didn't even offer an apology for his scumbag employee calling my wife and lying to her to get her to pay more for a different product......all this after they sold me a defective camera and then tried to tell me I just didn't know how to operate it (this after I had contacted the manufacturer who confirmed it was defective and told me to return it to place of purchase).

If you have had good luck with CL.....great.....but there are those of us that have had problems and your good luck doesn't change that fact.

Cancer Sucks
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Whether true or not, its hard to persuade someone who's had just the opposite experiences... personally I've had quite a few dealings and purchases with them over the last 15 years and the pleasure of talking with all three of them with great service in each case, but also I've never had to return anything or recieved any bad product from them.

As to finding better deals elsewhere, I do find that really hard to believe.

Camera Land is my first go to place for cameras and sport glass!

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
IMO, there are no "deals" at CL that cannot be beaten elsewhere.............hence I don't do any business with them.

MM

This.

Okay fellas, take a quick moment and post anywhere, A N Y W H E R E that can get close to these prices from last March.... I'd say I'd wait, but I won't.....you'll not find anything remotely close.

Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Geovid 10x42 HD-R Edition 2200 #40441
$1099.99
No outer box
This Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-R 2200 Yards Binocular MPN 40441 includes long ranging capability up to 2,200 meters and 1,200 equivalent horizontal range, LED display with automatic adjustment, Perger porro prisms, aqua dura coating, eyecups with 4 click-stop settings, ergonomic bridge construction, and a fully rubber-armored magnesium body. The Geovid HD-R 2200 offers sharp, high-contrast images, plasticity, astonishing depth, high light transmission, vivid colors and the added accuracy of user selected ballistic curves.

Geovid 10x42 HD-R Yards Binocular #40059 $999.99
No outer box
These Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-R yards binoculars have an integrated laser rangefinder, ergonomic design, high quality finish, require no pre-setting or pre-programming, and are lightweight and compact.

Geovid HD-R 8x42 Yards #40057 $949.99
No outer box, no owners manual
These Leica Geovid 8x42 HD-R yards binoculars have an integrated laser rangefinder, ergonomic design, high quality finish, require no pre-setting or pre-programming, and are lightweight and compact.
If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you.

Geovid-R Yards w/EHR 10x42 Binocular #40428 $1149.99
Current version
Compact Roof Prisms
HDC Fully Multi-Coated Optics
IR Laser Rangefinder with Inclinometer
Range: 10-1200 Yards
Adjusted Distance for Relative Angle
Nitrogen-Filled, Water and Fogproof
Aluminum Alloy Chassis
Tripod Mountable with Optional Adapter
Twist-Up Click-Stop Eyecups
Runs on One CR2 Lithium Battery

Geovid-R Yards w/EHR 8x42 Binocular #40426 $1099.99
Current version
Compact Roof Prisms
Aluminum Alloy Chassis

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No issues here in more than a few purchases. They've always been friendly, reasonable, and shipped quickly. No, Cameraland is not going to be the cheapest on everything you buy. It's a tall order and probably not the right business decision to be the cheapest every time. I'm sure they screw up at times and piss some people off. It happens. I don't always buy from them but I do think the good far outweighs the bad.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil

You'd be hard pressed to beat Doug's advertised sales. If you want something not on sale, or found a better price, call Doug and he'll at least match it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
IMO, there are no "deals" at CL that cannot be beaten elsewhere.............hence I don't do any business with them.

MM

This.

Okay fellas, take a quick moment and post anywhere, A N Y W H E R E that can get close to these prices from last March.... I'd say I'd wait, but I won't.....you'll not find anything remotely close.

Geovid 10x42 HD-R Edition 2200 #40441
$1099.99
No outer box
This Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-R 2200 Yards Binocular MPN 40441 includes long ranging capability up to 2,200 meters and 1,200 equivalent horizontal range, LED display with automatic adjustment, Perger porro prisms, aqua dura coating, eyecups with 4 click-stop settings, ergonomic bridge construction, and a fully rubber-armored magnesium body. The Geovid HD-R 2200 offers sharp, high-contrast images, plasticity, astonishing depth, high light transmission, vivid colors and the added accuracy of user selected ballistic curves.

Geovid 10x42 HD-R Yards Binocular #40059 $999.99
No outer box
These Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-R yards binoculars have an integrated laser rangefinder, ergonomic design, high quality finish, require no pre-setting or pre-programming, and are lightweight and compact.

Geovid HD-R 8x42 Yards #40057 $949.99
No outer box, no owners manual
These Leica Geovid 8x42 HD-R yards binoculars have an integrated laser rangefinder, ergonomic design, high quality finish, require no pre-setting or pre-programming, and are lightweight and compact.
If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you.

Geovid-R Yards w/EHR 10x42 Binocular #40428 $1149.99
Current version
Compact Roof Prisms
Aluminum Alloy Chassis

Geovid-R Yards w/EHR 8x42 Binocular #40426 $1099.99
Current version
Compact Roof Prisms
Aluminum Alloy Chassis

Don't hold your breath

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Quite a few dealings with Doug and the CL crew since 2005 and all good with no problems ever.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I like Doug and the gang. I’ve only bought some binoculars and a couple scopes.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have never had any dealings with them. If I seen one person whining about something and a hundred other good reviews, myself I would just chalk up the one as a "loon"

However for people like myself, on the outside looking in- now that I see more than that has had a bad go-around with them. I will very quickly and firmly cement this into my mind.

In my thinking if you don't handle crap on the front end, it will bite you in the ass. No matter if you think you can ride it out with a heavy group of satisfides.

I was never in retail, but my experience in my business providing a service- I make damn sure that I didnt't drag my ass when a small issue had the potential to blow up. I got a ton of competitor's clientel because they lazy, had ignoramouses working for them, too busy smoking dope and riding their waverunner at the lake, gone for 3 weeks deer hunting. Yeah f uck that, you lost a sale and a repeat customer and everyone/anyone that person could've reccommended you to.

So....better pull a rabbit out of your ass

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Calling Jud to the white courtesy phone.......

laughing!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil

You'd be hard pressed to beat Doug's advertised sales. If you want something not on sale, or found a better price, call Doug and he'll at least match it.

That hasn't been my experience

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry, no pics?

Camera still broke?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If it turned out, that one day, outta all the days it was in your house, your toilet hadda turd it wouldn't flush.

This was the right turd.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you want to get seriously disappointed, order from PTG. They make any customer service story into a boring tale of nothingness.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
as abad of luck as larry has I have to wonder if he even gets the family discounts from the hookers in his town

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by high_country_
If you want to get seriously disappointed, order from PTG. They make any customer service story into a boring tale of nothingness.

Insane..... I have no idea how they stay in business. Insane......

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys,
I have read all the posts and I would like to thank those who have taken the time to post. Both praise and criticism. We try, however, unfortunately we are not perfect. Sometimes things fall through the cracks and all we can do at that point is our best to correct the situation.

If a situation ever arises I do ask that you give me a call, 516-217-1000, so I can handle it personally. Neil and Scottie and all of our crew are great guys, however, I'm the guy in charge and the only way to improve our operation is to correct these issues and work to see that they do not get repeated.

I called Larry today to discuss this issue with him and do what I can to make things right with him. He's upset, with good reason. It was too late to get with the mfg. today and I intend to do all I can to rectify this 1st thing Monday morning. I will do my best to get his item to him as quickly as possible, hopefully before the week is out. He asked me to "impress him". I will do what I can and hope when all is said and done he can enjoy the product and have many years of great service from it.

Thanks again for the input.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys,
I have read all the posts and I would like to thank those who have taken the time to post. Both praise and criticism. We try, however, unfortunately we are not perfect. Sometimes things fall through the cracks and all we can do at that point is our best to correct the situation.

If a situation ever arises I do ask that you give me a call, 516-217-1000, so I can handle it personally. Neil and Scottie and all of our crew are great guys, however, I'm the guy in charge and the only way to improve our operation is to correct these issues and work to see that they do not get repeated.

I called Larry today to discuss this issue with him and do what I can to make things right with him. He's upset, with good reason. It was too late to get with the mfg. today and I intend to do all I can to rectify this 1st thing Monday morning. I will do my best to get his item to him as quickly as possible, hopefully before the week is out. He asked me to "impress him". I will do what I can and hope when all is said and done he can enjoy the product and have many years of great service from it.

Thanks again for the input.

Only way you could impress that prick is make him two foot taller.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (10gaugemag, 450yukon, 673, 7mm_Loco, 1minute, 22 invisible), 1,182 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,359
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.