-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone who's ever worked retail or sales has had the "Big Stick" customer. Not worth the effort, will never be happy, and thinks because they are spending money they can walk all over you.

Phuqq it...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly that’s all a customer can expect. However that isn’t always the case.

And as always there is two, three, four...sides to every story. Which you don’t get with these types of drive by shoot and run threads.

Oh so glad my Corporate retail days are behind me.

Carry on.
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Guys,
I have read all the posts and I would like to thank those who have taken the time to post. Both praise and criticism. We try, however, unfortunately we are not perfect. Sometimes things fall through the cracks and all we can do at that point is our best to correct the situation.

If a situation ever arises I do ask that you give me a call, 516-217-1000, so I can handle it personally. Neil and Scottie and all of our crew are great guys, however, I'm the guy in charge and the only way to improve our operation is to correct these issues and work to see that they do not get repeated.

I called Larry today to discuss this issue with him and do what I can to make things right with him. He's upset, with good reason. It was too late to get with the mfg. today and I intend to do all I can to rectify this 1st thing Monday morning. I will do my best to get his item to him as quickly as possible, hopefully before the week is out. He asked me to "impress him". I will do what I can and hope when all is said and done he can enjoy the product and have many years of great service from it.

Thanks again for the input.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yelp, 9 reviews............ 5 star reviews = 9/9 = 100% good reviews

https://www.yelp.com/biz/camera-land-old-bethpage

reseller ratings, 16 reviews........... 5 star reviews = 15; 1 star review =1 = 93.75% good reviews

https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Camera_Land_Camera_Land_NY

Farcebook, 63 people 4.8 out of 5 rating (what's that = to? a 96% rating?)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CameraLandNY/reviews/

Citysearch, 100% "recommends"

https://www.citysearch.com/profile/724415290/new_york_ny/camera_land_inc.html

Better Business Bureau, No complaints (60 years in business) , one bad review (Read CLNY's response to reviewer if you choose to be informed)

https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/old-bethp...mera-land-inc-0121-1410/customer-reviews

What's that old saying? Let the buyer beware? Well, based on the quick search I did (and I didn't even use that "roogle" monster search engine) is seems to me an informed buyer might think that the overwhelming results folks have had doing business with Cameraland have been favorable. But that's just my take on things.

My experiences have been quite pleasant, though limited. Two purchases I believe, one a spotter scope and the other a rifle scope. The rifle scope was a very decent "mid range" scope and I received it with a coffee cup and a package of Cafe Bustelo. Perhaps that alone might account for a slight bias? grin ( I love good coffee............especially when it's unexpected and free!) grin

Geno

PS, I don't own stock in CLNY nor am I a paid shill.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No your just lookin for another cup o’ joe. grin

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I called Larry today to discuss this issue with him and do what I can to make things right with him. He's upset, with good reason. It was too late to get with the mfg. today and I intend to do all I can to rectify this 1st thing Monday morning. I will do my best to get his item to him as quickly as possible, hopefully before the week is out. He asked me to "impress him". I will do what I can and hope when all is said and done he can enjoy the product and have many years of great service from it.

Doug,

Send him a package of Bustelo. It impressed the hell out of me. wink

Thanks for you and the guys great service on the two purchases I made. I'll more than certainly consider doing business with you guys next time I need optics. I may decide to shop elsewhere, but customer service will not be the deciding factor.

Thanks also for sponsoring the loony bin here.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Um................................................

SO....................what's your point? laugh

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Um................................................

SO....................what's your point? laugh

Geno

Nothing just trying to get in good Incase I get drawn for one of them XZones in your area I can stop by and get a cup. grin

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Appears one of the big problems with the low price demo Leica’s is the fact that Leica is handling things and CL is taking orders for merchandise they don’t have at their store.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FatCity,

PM on the way so as to not hijack thread.

Geno

In it is contentment

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Had a few purchases from Cameraland over the last 10 years, maybe 4 or so. Never ever had a problem. There is two scopes waiting at the post office for me to pick up in the morning, bet I still wont have any issues. Cameraland is one of the places I recommend, and send my friends to.

Last edited by Oakster; 08/17/18.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
FatCity,

PM on the way so as to not hijack thread.

Geno

Back at ya Geno.

"Maybe we're all happy."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Guys,
I have read all the posts and I would like to thank those who have taken the time to post. Both praise and criticism. We try, however, unfortunately we are not perfect. Sometimes things fall through the cracks and all we can do at that point is our best to correct the situation.

If a situation ever arises I do ask that you give me a call, 516-217-1000, so I can handle it personally. Neil and Scottie and all of our crew are great guys, however, I'm the guy in charge and the only way to improve our operation is to correct these issues and work to see that they do not get repeated.

Ok, Doug, let’s go back to circa 2005 when I bought 2 pairs of Zeiss binocs from you, a10x25 and a 8x30, still got’em. This was before you becoming a sponsor here. It was me that recommended you look into it here, you did and the rest is history. We did this via telecon. It’s been a while and quite a journey.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Appears one of the big problems with the low price demo Leica’s is the fact that Leica is handling things and CL is taking orders for merchandise they don’t have at their store.

+1

That is EXACTLY the issue I had back in January. Purchased a demo/special price Leica Geovid, and Leica sent me the wrong model. Returned (on my dime).... and waited quite some time before deciding on a refund as Leica didn't seem to have my binox on hand, and apparently no one was willing to step up and keep me as a satisfied customer.

Leica's CS is down right [bleep]. And unfortunately Doug, because of Leica's [bleep] customer service, unresponsiveness, unwillingness to eat a few bucks due to their mistakes...it reflects on CLNY whether you like it or not as you're taking the $$ for the orders and getting reamed for Leica's incompetence, unreliability and lack of service.

Not telling you how to run your business, however, if it were me I wouldn't be taking any $$ for Leica demo/sale products unless I had the inventory on hand.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I still think little big stick just needs a friend.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Some people seem to have consistently schidty luck with customer service. I wonder why.

Well that seems to happen a lot with people who are a little out there on their own little planet....and think they are the only intelligent human being in existence...along with the thoughts that everyone else in the world is out to get them....

its less about poor customer service and a lot more about just paranoid schizophrenia....and being high all the time I am sure does NOT alleviate the situation......

It ain't easy being Schtick....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I still think little big stick just needs a friend.

Somehow I don't think you're going to volunteer?

Geno

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

+1

That is EXACTLY the issue I had back in January. Purchased a demo/special price Leica Geovid, and Leica sent me the wrong model. Returned (on my dime).... and waited quite some time before deciding on a refund as Leica didn't seem to have my binox on hand, and apparently no one was willing to step up and keep me as a satisfied customer.

Leica's CS is down right [bleep]. And unfortunately Doug, because of Leica's [bleep] customer service, unresponsiveness, unwillingness to eat a few bucks due to their mistakes...it reflects on CLNY whether you like it or not as you're taking the $$ for the orders and getting reamed for Leica's incompetence, unreliability and lack of service.

Not telling you how to run your business, however, if it were me I wouldn't be taking any $$ for Leica demo/sale products unless I had the inventory on hand.

I've purchased a boatload of optics from CL over the past decade. I appreciate that they support this and other forums. I'd rather support a family owned business than an internet warehouse....as long as the price is close.

They've allowed me to order optics for evaluation that they did not have in stock which they had to contact the manufacturer to get. They've put together a special order through S&B. They've allowed return of items. They've replaced a faulty product for me.

I've heard Doug state "the difference between us and them is us".... Every company is good when everything goes well. It's when there's a problem that real customer service becomes apparent. Some may say its unfair to lay blame on CL because of a problem with a manufacturer but that's what they are needed to do....if they can't or won't do that then someone is just as well or better off ordering from an online warehouse. Doug has stated that Stick is correct to be ticked right now, accepted the responsibility for the issue, and said he'll call the manufacturer Monday.....way late in the game to play catch-up. Regardless, better to clean things up late in the game than never. Internet gives us anything delivered right to our door......if a company is based on customer service they really have to provide that service or they have to expect to be called out on it. Waiting to see how this turns out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
Anyone who's ever worked retail or sales has had the "Big Stick" customer. Not worth the effort, will never be happy, and thinks because they are spending money they can walk all over you.

Yup and then goes online and has a big public hissy fit instead of dealing with the issue one on one like a man.

What goes around, comes around for midgets too.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by 16bore

Yup and then goes online and has a big public hissy fit instead of dealing with the issue one on one like a man.

What goes around, comes around for midgets too.

Yup. Soon as I read the OP I thought " consider the source...."

Nothing but good luck with Cameraland here....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have never had any dealings with them. If I seen one person whining about something and a hundred other good reviews, myself I would just chalk up the one as a "loon"

However for people like myself, on the outside looking in- now that I see more than that has had a bad go-around with them. I will very quickly and firmly cement this into my mind.

In my thinking if you don't handle crap on the front end, it will bite you in the ass. No matter if you think you can ride it out with a heavy group of satisfides.

I was never in retail, but my experience in my business providing a service- I make damn sure that I didnt't drag my ass when a small issue had the potential to blow up. I got a ton of competitor's clientel because they lazy, had ignoramouses working for them, too busy smoking dope and riding their waverunner at the lake, gone for 3 weeks deer hunting. Yeah f uck that, you lost a sale and a repeat customer and everyone/anyone that person could've reccommended you to.

So....better pull a rabbit out of your ass

^^^THIS^^^

I too have never bought anything from them, so I'm also an outsider looking in.

I own a company that sells building materials that my grandfather started in 1938. We didn't get to where we are by giving poor service or ripping people off. My father always said that it takes years to build up a good reputation, but only a minute for someone tear it down. You give good service to someone and they might tell a friend or two. But if you give someone bad service, they'll tell 10 or 15 people very quick. For your reputations sake, give as much good service as you can. It's impossible to please all of the people all of the time. I've instructed my guys that when there is a problem, even if it's small, to deal with it as quick as possible and make the customer as happy as possible, then move on. Don't put it on the back burner, just get rid of it as fast as you can. However, sometimes they fall through the cracks, especially when you're dealing with hundreds of people a day and you're busy. We're all human.

Sometimes you have problems with manufacturers and your hands are tied. All you can do is hope that the info that we're receiving from them is accurate and we're not blowing smoke up their ass. We don't want to be called liars, because we're not. Schit rolls down hill. When the customer starts getting irate with us, we start applying more pressure on the supplier. Unfortunately, the actions of the supplier can reflect poorly on my reputation, which doesn't make me happy.

We have a handful of regular customers that always have a problem, complaint, or issue. When I see them come into the yard, or call on the phone, it makes me cringe because you know what's coming. However, I just bite my lip because I know their money is good and they keep coming back. We just have to handle them with kid gloves and give them extra care and hope for the best. I'm not saying that Boxer, or anyone else here, is one of these guys because I don't know you.

I think that Doug's last post says it all. Hopefully, when he has time, he'll contact some of the other unsatisfied guys on here and try to patch thing up. That's up to him though. I've been looking at spotting scopes recently and it seems as though CL has some great deals. From everything I've seen on here, Doug seems like an upstanding guy and he's trying to run the company to the best of his ability. When I do pull the trigger on the scope, I'll take my chances and will be buying it from CL.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

172 members (1minute, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1_deuce, 26 invisible), 1,195 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,347
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.