Campfire Oracle
B
Then what?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Then what?

Then you have another PITA to deal with in your house besides rodents, bugs and plumbing issues, and by most accounts the best way to deal with it is to develop a relationship with Jesus.

Sorta like supernatural spiritual blackmail.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
another common item was/is visitations from dead relatives when the person is near the end. My mother experienced this among others. I asked a Mayo certified doctor about this, and he said i can give you the medical opinion or what i believe. He said his mother, and hundreds of patients did the same thing, there is jus a very narrow curtain between now and the hereafter, and some people can see through to the hereafter.
I could mention at age 15 my m/c accident in which i should have died. I did go through than tunnel of light and warmth and i could feel the other side until this voice told me it wasn't my time i had to go back. I was arguing, i didn't want to go back. I did, and didn't talk about it for many years. I later understood what the voice was telling me. I married a woman 10 years older than me with three kids. We have been married 43years now. That was the unfinished business. I knew within 15minutes of meeting her she was going to be my wife.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
another common item was/is visitations from dead relatives when the person is near the end. My mother experienced this among others. I asked a Mayo certified doctor about this, and he said i can give you the medical opinion or what i believe. He said his mother, and hundreds of patients did the same thing, there is jus a very narrow curtain between now and the hereafter, and some people can see through to the hereafter.
I could mention at age 15 my m/c accident in which i should have died. I did go through than tunnel of light and warmth and i could feel the other side until this voice told me it wasn't my time i had to go back. I was arguing, i didn't want to go back. I did, and didn't talk about it for many years. I later understood what the voice was telling me. I married a woman 10 years older than me with three kids. We have been married 43years now. That was the unfinished business. I knew within 15minutes of meeting her she was going to be my wife.

OTOH the absolutely awful vibe given off by a bad spirit/demon might be a slight foretaste of what Hell might be like.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I couldn’t even get that hot version of the green fairy to visit me after several absinthe binges.

Was I trying too hard???

Next time add a few of those Texas cactus buttons to that foreign bred wormwood juice.........let it stew fer a bit..............coupla months oughta do it...............

however, the green fairy may just turn out to be wooboo gooboo with the green teeth. grin

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Birdwatcher,

Some things can't be explained in our terms perhaps?

ESP type stuff with my mother? Feelings of extreme unease in various places? Deja Vu?

I try to get along good with the dead. Used to go drink at night with the dead Hebrew folks in a cemetery in Harrisburg. Have always and still tip my hat and say hello to the departed folks in any cemetery/memorial park I pass while driving.

Owls are a symbol some folks fear as messengers of death. Once had an barn owl I tried to save, came to me under a palm tree while I was delivering papers one morning as a kid. Kinda remember it looking at me as it died. All my life I've been a night person. Always been partial to owls. Native fellas have told me that's a tough spirit animal to have, very strong, very deadly. Owls still visit regularly........because of where I live? Because I try not to needlessly harm animals? Had one hanging out here on our backyard fence last year, brought its fledgling. 15-20 feet from our living room window. Wife saw it come take a bath in the dogs' pool one morning. No bad schidt happened. Native fellas I've known would be saying extra prayers if an owl got that close to their place.

Good luck with the visitor/s in Upstate. Loads of "history" up there.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Renegard50: Boogerman jumped out from behind a tree at me down to Ft. Campbell one day.

Birdwatcher: Uh-huh!,....uh-huh!,...you shot a hummingbird, didn't ya?!

I have never shot a hummingbird in my life.
Just made up that story to get your goat.
You ain't getting no money for that space I have temporally "rented" in your mind either.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Bible says there is no contact between the dead and the living.

Then what about 1 Samuel 28 when the witch of Endor conjured up the spirit of Samuel for Saul?
Wasn’t there dead and living communications there?
Read 1 Samuel 28:15

And then what about Jesus on mount Transifiguration?
Matthew 17 3
Wasn’t Jesus who was alive communicating with the dead?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Renegard50: Boogerman jumped out from behind a tree at me down to Ft. Campbell one day.

Birdwatcher: Uh-huh!,....uh-huh!,...you shot a hummingbird, didn't ya?!

I have never shot a hummingbird in my life.
Just made up that story to get your goat.
You ain't getting no money for that space I have temporally "rented" in your mind either.

My goat? I’m a populations guy, as in Texans alone can shoot four million doves every year without endangering the population.

If you’re out fishing on the Gulf of Mexico in the spring or fall, ruby-throated hummingbirds will come in flying just above the water, raise up to fly over the boat and then keep on going in a straight line, 300-500 miles of open water depending on location. Headwinds, rain, seabirds all can kill them. How many do you suppose don’t survive the attempt?

They figure a ruby-throat can make it from Vermont to Costa Rica in about 15 days, pretty damned impressive if ya ask me.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I always thought one of those garden guns would make good hummingbird medicine.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Bible says there is no contact between the dead and the living.

Then what about 1 Samuel 28 when the witch of Endor conjured up the spirit of Samuel for Saul?
Wasn’t there dead and living communications there?
Read 1 Samuel 28:15

Endor? As in Ewoks?

Hot damn!

Lol!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
A real laughing matter ain’t it?.........

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
It is funnier than schit.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Psalm 14:1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Some people believe and some don’t, me I think there’s a whole World of “disembodied intelligences” as close as the nearest ouija board, I got no interest in messing with it.

Reason I’m bringing it up I was just up in NY State where a relative lives in an old farm house that is notorious among our family and which has scared the begeezus out of visitors sleeping in that part of the house.

Mostly knocking and things heard moving. A few times over the years a room has had the bolt slid over from the inside, locking it. One time a relative visiting from England was woken by urgent announcements that the barn was on fire. My ex is the only one who has seen anything, the shape of a boy standing over us when she woke to tugging on our blanket.

Me I’ve stayed in that room several times, cold chills and feelings of unease are frequent, possibly the power of suggestion. This time though there was quick knocking on the door, twice, three knocks each time, no one there I either time.

Me I view these things like I would rats or roaches; a PITA that doesn’t belong there.

If I lived up there I would go to war with the fuggin’ thing until it was gone, tho I dunno how.

I’m curious as to other folks’ thoughts/experiences.

I would like to poo-poo the idea and call you on it, but in truth I cannot as some places raise the hackles regardless of time of day.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger

That’s quite a leap. I just found it hilarious.

Some of you folk are sure wound up tight.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Some people believe and some don’t, me I think there’s a whole World of “disembodied intelligences” as close as the nearest ouija board, I got no interest in messing with it.

Reason I’m bringing it up I was just up in NY State where a relative lives in an old farm house that is notorious among our family and which has scared the begeezus out of visitors sleeping in that part of the house.

Mostly knocking and things heard moving. A few times over the years a room has had the bolt slid over from the inside, locking it. One time a relative visiting from England was woken by urgent announcements that the barn was on fire. My ex is the only one who has seen anything, the shape of a boy standing over us when she woke to tugging on our blanket.

Me I’ve stayed in that room several times, cold chills and feelings of unease are frequent, possibly the power of suggestion. This time though there was quick knocking on the door, twice, three knocks each time, no one there I either time.

Me I view these things like I would rats or roaches; a PITA that doesn’t belong there.

If I lived up there I would go to war with the fuggin’ thing until it was gone, tho I dunno how.

I would like to poo-poo the idea and call you on it, but in truth I cannot as some places raise the hackles regardless of time of day.

When I was 8 or so, I was scared schitless to stand in front of a mirror in the bathroom, turn out the lights, and say Bloody Mary” three times.

Then I did it. After that it was just funny trying to get the other kids to do it.

Quiji boards, or however ya spell it, were always pretty gay. They never spooked me. Spookiest I got was in dark, old, empty, building we weren’t supposed to be in.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by JSTUART

When I was 8 or so, I was scared schitless to stand in front of a mirror in the bathroom, turn out the lights, and say Bloody Mary” three times.

Then I did it. After that it was just funny trying to get the other kids to do it.

Quiji boards, or however ya spell it, were always pretty gay. They never spooked me. Spookiest I got was in dark, old, empty, building we weren’t supposed to be in.

Ouija boards are cool.

Drink some Boone's Farm or Annie Green Springs wine, have cute girls with you, maybe partake in some of that other stuff that floated around during the late 60's and you too might see how they work.

Seances performed in a similar manner were fun too.

Geno

In it is contentment

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

Not wound up tight.
I just don’t find joking about Biblical stuff funny
This who did or do usually find out soon enough their folly.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Not wound up tight.
I just don’t find joking about Biblical stuff funny
This who did or do usually find out soon enough their folly.

If you don't think god has a sense of humor explain the fart.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

251 members (264mag, 219 Wasp, 2five7, 1lessdog, 29aholic, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,193 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,827
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.