-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 39 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 38 39
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At the Walmart I went to the guy who works Sporting Goods was very skeptical when I told him Vanguards were on sale. He scanned it and saw I was right. It was a 243 and as I started the paperwork I asked if there were anymore in the back. He looked on the computer and told me there were no more. The Ass't Manager happened by and he said I'll go get the box for that. Well he comes back with two Vanguard boxes and I can tell one is full. I ask the Asst Manager "is that another one"? He said it was. I said I want that one too and at that the Sporting Goods worker got a pissed off look on his face. I think he was protecting that 30-06 for himself or something. Sucks for him.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by JTman
As I posted above, the synthetic Vanguards at the Altoona Pa Walmart were marked on close out at 349.99 so I told them to scan the box....scanned the box, came up at 349.99. Told them that it's a national clearance and they should be 249.99 and that Duncansville had them for that as I had just been on the phone with them. Nope, they said they can't price match yada yada yada.....

So I left and drove over to Duncansville (which isn't very far) and by the time I got there the people at the sports counter told me Altoona Walmart had called them and told them to check their prices!!!! (Pricks)

Anyway the attractive sweet lady in Duncansville says, we're going to check the box but we have them priced at 249.99 so that's what you get them for (the box rang up the same). I said thank you very much!!

Sounds like the aholes in Altoona need a cleanup in aisle 3.

Agreed!!

As a side note I did some calling around Friday night and found a store about an hour away that had a 243 and a 308 in the wood stock ($349 each). I was there at 8 yesterday morning and bought both. They are very very nice rifles. My 243 looks just like the one posted above. The 308 isn't as dark as the 243 on the upper end of the stock but it's just as pretty of a rifle.

I made some serious scores over the last few days... Thanks once again to the OP!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A few are starting to show up on Gunbroker.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I just got back from Wallymart. Went to the gun counter looked around a bit looked up and saw the "You must be 21" sign and remembered why I don't buy guns or gun related stuff from Walmart.

I did go home with a Ozark Trail cooler though.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by screaminweasil

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Screaminweasil,
I am jealous of your wood.

Crap, can not believe i just typed that.

The 243 I brought home last night is pretty plain, and the one still at the store waiting on approval from Oregon State Police is also plain, and actually has dents in the finish above and in front of the trigger from getting bumped around in the display case. But at the price I grabbed it anyway.

If it will shoot anything like the one I brought home last night, they will be the best gun dollars I ever spent.

[Linked Image]

Thanks Idaho! Glad you got a shooter!

The wood stocked .243 I got was a display model as well..............it has two slight dings in the finish and I tried to see if they would discount me even further because of it, no such luck. Not a big deal anyhow.
The same time I purchased the wood .243, I also bought the only synthetic stocked .308 they had.
This little .243 shoots excellent thus far. I went out and "broke it in" with 25 rounds I had loaded up for an old Rem model 7 that I had. It shot under MOA consistently with 95gr SST and 40.5gr IMR 4350..........Very promising, and after I shot the rifle (my first time shooting a Vanguard), I knew I was going to buy some more.

So, the next day............

I also drove 45 miles to another Walmart to "shop grain" on these rifles.
I ended up buying a nice straight grained .270 (with quite a bit of distinct figure) from the store 45 miles away. They had another wood .243, but the wood was too plain for my tastes.

I ended up going back to my local Walmart yesterday for some other items........................I went back to sporting goods and asked the clerk (the same helpful young man that helped me previously), if they had any .270 wood stocked rifles in the back. I gave him the SKU number and he entered it into his hand held machine...................sure enough, he said they had one in the back.

I said, well, If it has nice wood, then I'll take it. He said, I'll go get it and you can have a look.

This one was in the box, bolt never inserted, etc. He pulled it out of the plastic sleeve and I said........yep, that's a nice one.......I'll take it for sure.

I also said, if you have a synthetic .243 in the back, i'll take that as well. He went back and grabbed me the last one in stock, and I bought it as well.

So, point is...............ask what they have in the back.

Kind of funny, I went from never owning a Weatherby rifle...........to buying 5 of these Vanguards........2 wood stocked .270's, 1 wood stocked .243, 1 synthetic 308, and 1 synthetic .243. in a 3 day period.

Life is good.

Thanks again to Paul for the heads up!!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Screaminweasil, I am jealous of your wood.

Lol, Sig line material right there!

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mike74
At the Walmart I went to the guy who works Sporting Goods was very skeptical when I told him Vanguards were on sale. He scanned it and saw I was right. It was a 243 and as I started the paperwork I asked if there were anymore in the back. He looked on the computer and told me there were no more. The Ass't Manager happened by and he said I'll go get the box for that. Well he comes back with two Vanguard boxes and I can tell one is full. I ask the Asst Manager "is that another one"? He said it was. I said I want that one too and at that the Sporting Goods worker got a pissed off look on his face. I think he was protecting that 30-06 for himself or something. Sucks for him.

Exactly!! As I said earlier in this thread

Same thing used to happen during the 22 LR ammo crunch. One ass hole up our closest store was hookin up his lardass fireman buddy, that was running a small gun shop on the side. Then tripling the price. fireman guy was bringing biscuits and coffee to the clerk.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm callin' bullshit on all of it.

I went out in a pouring rain yesterday to buy a $399 Mini 14 and found one at the local Walmart. It was marked $747.

,......had to chase the guy down that worked behind the gun counter,...told him that his Mini 14 had been marked down to $399,..and he raised one eyebrow and looked at me like I was brain damaged.

,...damn near got run over by a fat woman drivin' one of them electric shoppin' scooters on the way out too.

Fuggit. I don't need another .223 any damn way.

Obviously its time to move on to the sale on Bayer Aspirin and hemorrhoid medications at your local Walgreen. There's nothing more to see here.

If it didn't happen for some special people, it obviously never happened for anyone. We're all obviously having some kind of delusional experience. And please be careful not to post here too many times on this thread. That just causes some people to need extra hemorrhoid medications so the local Walgreen store might be bought out before you get there. laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Just went back to Walmart and the rifle I mentioned is a Savage Axis heavy barrel with brown camo stock. Price was $398

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I just got back from Wallymart. Went to the gun counter looked around a bit looked up and saw the "You must be 21" sign and remembered why I don't buy guns or gun related stuff from Walmart.

I look at it this way......Just as I have the right to shop anywhere I want, Walmart has the right to set their policies as to how they conduct business. Personally, their 21 and over policy doesn't bother me in the least. I have no trespassing signs up on my land, and do so in order to cover my azz and keep people out that I don't want on my property.......and as I've told a number of people, not only is it my right to do so, it's my business and mine alone why I don't want certain people setting foot on my land. Walmart is no different, it's their business.

IC B3

G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
A few are starting to show up on Gunbroker.

They're already showing up in the Classifieds here.

G23

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Anybody have any SKU's for these guns?

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I look at it this way......Just as I have the right to shop anywhere I want, Walmart has the right to set their policies as to how they conduct business. Personally, their 21 and over policy doesn't bother me in the least. I have no trespassing signs up on my land, and do so in order to cover my azz and keep people out that I don't want on my property.......and as I've told a number of people, not only is it my right to do so, it's my business and mine alone why I don't want certain people setting foot on my land. Walmart is no different, it's their business.

You are absolutely correct, it is their business, it is also my business.

It is social justice grandstanding at best.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I picked up a Weatherby in 308 for $249 locally. They had several left in 243,270 and 30-06. They also had the Leupold BX2 arcadia 8x42 Binos for $99

Last edited by TLB2; 08/19/18.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Anybody have any SKU's for these guns?

Follow the links below..........also, type in your zip code to search your area's inventory. It will also show you prices and in stock status. Keep in mind when it says "quantity 0........limited stock"..........it means they have one rifle in stock. If there are none, it will say "out of stock". Hope that helps.

Deluxe sporter .243 Wood Stock
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=133616099

Deluxe sporter .30-06 wood stock
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=158056931

Deluxe sporter .270 wood stock
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=190622017

Deluxe sporter .308 wood stock
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=176891294

Synthetic stock .243
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=181838810

Synthetic stock .308
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=132357459

Synthetic stock .270
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=119757452

Synthetic stock .30-06
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=141822482

Last edited by screaminweasil; 08/19/18.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Picked up 3 of the savage 243 youth for my present and future grandchildren.

Only one born yet is a boy so will have to paint the muddy girl stock in 4 years when I give it to him.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I was skeptical, not at the campfire but rather that any Walmart around here would have them at that price. My buddy and I went and got a haircut, grabbed our coffee and went to the local Walmart straight up to the gun counter. There were 2 empty Vanguard boxes standing in front of 4 synthetic and 1 wood-stocked Vanguard which gave me hope. I asked the gal to show me the .308 and the.243 since I wasn’t interested in a 30-06 nor .270 because I’m trying to keep my hunting arsenal standardized on the .308 or it’s offspring. My children have their model 7’s in .243 and I hunt most everything anymore with my Sako in .308 and with the TSX or TTSX I don’t feel undergunned in the least....but I digress as usual. I asked the Walmart lady what the price was and she told me it was marked down from $498 to $349. I explained that it was my understanding that there was a nationwide mark down even more. I got the same raised eyebrow and the look like I was the crazy one from a dentally challenged, lightly edumacated Walmart cashier. She scanned all the tags and one came back at $249. She scanned the other 3 synthetic ones and they were $249 as well. The wood one was $498.

I bought the.308. Not sure but I may shorten from 24” to 20 or 21” but the trigger is crazy nice. It’ll be the only hunting rifle I’ve owned in the last 30 years that doesn’t need any work. Overall I’m impressed. If I don’t swap the stock the I’ll free float the barrel.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m thinking of going back and getting the .243. 🙄

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Haven't read the thread, but is there any possibility of a .223 Vanguard at that price?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
On that brickseek

Several in my area say "limited availability" but quantity Zero (0)

also, some will say "sold out" quantity (0)

shouldnt limited mean at least 1 or 2 ...??

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
Keep in mind when it says "quantity 0........limited stock"..........it means they have one rifle in stock. If there are none, it will say "out of stock". Hope that helps.

Page 9 of 39 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.