-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you're doing a planned tire replacement, sometimes you can get killer deals with them around the holidays. I got a $200 rebate on 4 tires from them above the sale price of the tires themselves. I had a slow leak that they couldn't repair and they replaced the whole tire.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In these parts, and many more. Southern Tire Mart.

Make their money on commercial. Though they have deals on light truck / passenger.

Only place local i could find to align a 3500.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I've been to the same Discount store for 33 years, 7 vehicles and three trailers. Have also had the "opportunity" to do business with stores in Bellingham, WA, and Portland, OR, due to blowouts on my boat trailer. They have always provided excellent service. Don't see a reason to go anywhere else.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I just got done pricing and buying tires for my wife’s Corolla and between Costco, Discount and LS I found discount beat them all. Albeit they beat Costco by $9 across the board they beat Schwab by a couple hundred.

Next I need tires for her Camaro and I think those are going to hurt a little more.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
When it's time for new tires I usually figure out what brand I want and then shop around (Walmart, Costco, etc.) and go with the best price. Our local Jensen Tire has always had excellent service so that's where I'd end up and they'd always match or beat my other quotes. This past year however, my son bought his first vehicle and after a couple months he ended up with a flat. I filled it up and we took it to a nearby Discount tire for repair. It turned out that it wasn't repairable but the previous owner had purchased his tires from Discount Tire so they just used his road-hazard warranty and gave my son a brand new tire.....talk about excellent customer service!!

It was also good timing for them because my wife and I both needed new tires this year (Michellin LTX for her and BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA/KO2 for me) so I did the usual shopping around and made Discount Tire my final stop. They kicked the crap out of the other quotes both times so as long they keep that up, or at least come close, I won't go anywhere else!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've migrated from Costco to Discount Tire on line... I have a commercial account with them...

I run Hankooks on my Pilot, and always pay the extra $15 for replacement for road hazards etc...

They just opened a store over in Medford ( 35 miles away)....but the tires I bought for the Pilot on line
as a business account.... I got for a little over $100 per tire...at the Store they were quoting me $173 for the same tire..
so of course I deal with Discount Tire Direct.

Mount and balance them either at the College or Walmart....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Seafire

They just opened a store over in Medford ( 35 miles away)....but the tires I bought for the Pilot on line
as a business account.... I got for a little over $100 per tire...at the Store they were quoting me $173 for the same tire..

If you buy then from Discount Tire Direct the local Discount Tire store will mount and balance them for $15 each. I think you get free rotations/balance for life with that too. I've gone this route several times. Discount Tire Direct and Discount Tire are separate companies owned by the same guy so you don't have to pay sales tax if you order from DTD.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Seafire

If you buy then from Discount Tire Direct the local Discount Tire store will mount and balance them for $15 each. I think you get free rotations/balance for life with that too. I've gone this route several times. Discount Tire Direct and Discount Tire are separate companies owned by the same guy so you don't have to pay sales tax if you order from DTD.

I reside in Oregon.. we don't have sales tax anyway...

but its 45 miles or so to their store in Medford...Wally World or the College is much closer, here in Hooterville...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Excellent service....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
My local Discount tire store will sell you any kind of tire or wheel you want even if they don't carry them and will meet or beat any price you get from another dealer. They'll even sell you racing tires (but probably not a road hazard policy) and they will sell you a tire warranty for the tires on your new vehicle. When I wanted BF Goodrich mud tires for my '80 Chevy deer lease truck with 16.5" wheels Discount was the only local tire dealer who said they would order a set for me and they did compete with a road hazard warranty. The only issues I've had with Discount them is tightening the lug nuts too tight a few times and one time they didn't tighten the lug nuts at all. Now I just re-torque the lug nuts when I get home. They also do an outstanding job of balancing tires.

IC B3

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've always had good service at Discount.

Retired cat herder.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Cooper AT3s on my '14 Taco truck...wheels too ready to bolt on

thx DTD

[Linked Image]

You prefer the AT3s over the Wildpeaks?? Why both?

Cooper AT3's on my '14 Taco

Wildpeak 3's on the '91 Toyota refurb (thats going to AZ)

After seeing the WP 3's.....wish'd I had gotten them for my '14 Taco

next set will be WP's

[Linked Image]

Last edited by tikkanut; 08/19/18.

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I buy all my tires at Discount Tire. I have two cars and two trucks and they have taken very good care of me. I find a cheap price on the internet and I print it out and take it up there to them and they beat the price. Sometimes it is some off the wall internet tire store that I wouldn't even trust to buy tires and Discount Tires still beats the price. They always beat Tire Rack easily. They have taken care of any problems or warranty with no trouble. The manager is great and actually understands customer service. I don't know if all Discount Tire stores are like my local one but I tell all my friends to go there with there best prices and Discount Tire has beat there best price every time. If you take them a local price from a local tire dealer you don't even have to have a paper quote they beat there price anyway. Good luck.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

tire shoppers....watch for DTD a few days before the Labor Day Holiday......

big savings & rebates

extra rebates for using your DTD CC........along with 6 mo -0- interest

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/tires/brands

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Schwab is expensive and I don’t like the brands they carry. Switched to discount a few years back, not sorry one bit. Schwab better get with the game, or they are going to end up out of business.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Not a Costco member?

My girlfriend drives an Acura MDX. She purchased it used and it had two relatively new tires and two older tires. So, she has been buying 2 tires at a time since she has owned the car. She spoke with some azz hat at Costco who told her that they would not sell her just two tires and told her repeatedly that she must buy 4 tires at a time.

She is now a satisfied Discount Tire customer.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Discount tire story. I bought four trailer tires. I asked they take the best tire that was on the trailer (I longed out which one) and mount it on the spare rim. They complied, with no charge for the mount and balance on the spare. A day later I noticed they mounted the worst one, that had a bubble on the tread. I call, explain, and ask if they still have the old tires laying around. No we don't, but bring the spare in and we will stay late while you get here and put a brand new tire on it, no charge.

Another one. I have a weird size factory tire on the truck and want to go bigger. I wasn't sure the bigger size would fit. They thought it would. They say we will order your stock size, put the bigger ones on and if they don't fit, we will swap them for the stock size. They fit and all was good. I just wish they did alignments.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by K1500
Discount tire story. I just wish they did alignments.

They do, it's another division. I forget what it is called but we have them locally.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use the local tire guy. Had a screw in my tire the other day on my way to work. He fixed it and told me not to worry about it cause i didn't have cash on me. I still stopped the next day and gave him a $20. Support your local guys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like I always end up at Firestone buying their 60,000 mile tire. Usually the best price for a tire in that range unless I want to go with some brand I've never heard of.

I checked , there is one Discount Tire on my side of town (also, confusingly enough a group of stores called Tire Discounters)

Tire Discounters here is known for their free alignment when you buy a set of 2 or 4 tires from them but that is built into the price of their tire.

One of the reasons I keep ending up at Firestone is because they are local. Free rotations/balancing don't mean much to me if I'm never going to go there.

I bought some Cooper A/Ts from Pep Boys - and they are always so busy and so far away it was an PITA to go there and get a rotation.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/21/18.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 22250rem, 163bc, 35 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,854
Posts18,517,634
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.