Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut
squeaky wheel gets the grease.............

You calling the OP a greasy squeak?

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
He is gonna throw all of it in a river now isn't he?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I've had nothing but great service from Doug personally, he took care of a problem that really wasn't even his fault.

If you look at the ops history this kind of thing seems to happen a bit..........Hmm.

Paul, I too, have had great service from Doug on several occasions, including a couple of times when things were on short notice, he went out of his way to make sure things got to me in time to meet my schedule. I have been thrilled with the quality of stuff they carry as well as their service. I have recommended them on many occasions.

I've made several orders and received them quickly as well.

Unfortunately, I guess I might as well air my complaints as well since this thread is a perfect place (safe space?) for sniveling.

A bunch of years ago I ordered and received a nice moderately priced binocular.....solid and sturdy. It even held up to some deep sub-zero temps. Unfortunately the crappy thing bounced however. It was also a sinker. Consequently when it bounced out of the unzipped bag on my snowmachine while traversing the deep powder of an uphill slope, that piece of junk flipped out of the bag while I wasn't looking and landed in waste deep powder, undoubtedly sinking to terra firma somewhere along a 200 yard stretch. I looked, but the sneaky thing didn't even make a track. I didn't even bother to call Doug, Where can a guy get good customer service these days????

Some time later I ordered a cheaper pair of Minolta binocs for the cabin....grab and go type glass, the kind of glass you don't mind losing...which is why you never do. Well, these were no good either. Yeah, they worked just fine for awhile. My single-digit-aged boys could pick them up, use them readily, set them down somewhere, and they never got lost. But then one time we stalked a bear downhill through 3/4 miles of some of the deepest tundra tussocks one would care to negotiate on foot. Those young guys were great, but half-way back up the hill, we had to stop to rest. Those damned glasses got lazy and refused to follow when we started again.

I reckon both of those lazy, good-for-nothing binoculars are still out there somewhere, probably bitching like some of the ner-do-wells who post here.

Doug.......or somebody....really ought to up their game. Sheesh! grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tikkanut

squeaky wheel gets the grease.............

Funny how that works, isn't it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Boxer
Credit,where it is (FINALLY) due.

Goods received today and for some "reason" after a single Post,a fire got lit in CL's ass and there were some truths for a change. Multiple phone calls,with multiple folks,got nothing other than Story Time and that ain't my jam. I'm as easy as they come,but don't bullschit me...especially numerous times. Shoot Customers straight and if a glitch happens,simply fhuqking own it. Communication is cheap and go ahead and use at least SOME. Hint.

I apparently missed a call and don't/live die by my phone like most,so am Delete HAPPY. Had a PM here too,that I only saw minutes ago,because I hadn't logged in,as I've been busy chasin' schit.

SWAG included and I caught myself laffin'! Goods were well packaged and that never ain't not a good thang.

[Linked Image]

The Mafia threw in a case and it's appreciated.

[Linked Image]

The ceiling has crashed,winds are beyond Sporty,but I could still get 912yds in my socks,looking through the opened front door in this atmosphere. That SMOKES the last Leica piece of fhuqking schit Geovid I received,so there is HOPE. No fingers pointed at CL there,that was ALL fhuqling Leica.

[Linked Image]

Now we'll see if the bitches can handle some reel use. Pun be intended.

Bushie is supposed to be flingin' me a LTRSi,to replace my failed LRHSi and we'll see if that comes to fruition,given Nature's course.

Film at 11:00....peace out.

Thanks for the update. I'd been curious about how it would turn out and how much 'fire (under CL and burning here) would be needed. Let us know how the product ends up performing and how the Bushie response/product factors out....as I've several of them and haven't had an obvious problem with them but just don't trust anything anymore.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I've had nothing but great service from Doug personally, he took care of a problem that really wasn't even his fault.

If you look at the ops history this kind of thing seems to happen a bit..........Hmm.

Paul, I too, have had great service from Doug on several occasions, including a couple of times when things were on short notice, he went out of his way to make sure things got to me in time to meet my schedule. I have been thrilled with the quality of stuff they carry as well as their service. I have recommended them on many occasions.

Unfortunately, I guess I might as well air my complaints as well since this thread is a perfect place (safe space?) for sniveling.

A bunch of years ago I ordered and received a nice moderately priced binocular.....solid and sturdy. It even held up to some deep sub-zero temps. Unfortunately the crappy thing bounced however. It was also a sinker. Consequently when it bounced out of the unzipped bag on my snowmachine while traversing the deep powder of an uphill slope, that piece of junk flipped out of the bag while I wasn't looking and landed in waste deep powder, undoubtedly sinking to terra firma somewhere along a 200 yard stretch. I looked, but the sneaky thing didn't even make a track. I didn't even bother to call Doug, Where can a guy get good customer service these days????

Some time later I ordered a cheaper pair of Minolta binocs for the cabin....grab and go type glass, the kind of glass you don't mind losing...which is why you never do. Well, these were no good either. Yeah, they worked just fine for awhile. My single-digit-aged boys could pick them up, use them readily, set them down somewhere, and they never got lost. But then one time we stalked a bear downhill through 3/4 miles of some of the deepest tundra tussocks one would care to negotiate on foot. Those young guys were great, but half-way back up the hill, we had to stop to rest. Those damned glasses got lazy and refused to follow when we started again.

I reckon both of those lazy, good-for-nothing binoculars are still out there somewhere, probably bitching like some of the ner-do-wells who post here.

Since you made this post we sent guys out to AK looking for those 2 binoculars and found them, so if you'd like to buy them back please let me know smile

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Since you made this post we sent guys out to AK looking for those 2 binoculars and found them, so if you'd like to buy them back please let me know smile

Doug, will there be a deep discount on those...........................like a negative balance on my account towards the purchase of my next item? I'm all for it and will take both if that's the case.

Otherwise................sell them to a birder to use on the refuge there on the west end of the Island.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m noticing a little favoritism for the inhabitants of Seward’s Folly...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I bought a scope from Doug this week, he gave me a great deal, couldn't have been easier to work with and I had it in less than 3 days. Next one I buy will be from him.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston
I’m noticing a little favoritism for the inhabitants of Seward’s Folly...

That was interesting, I wasn't aware of that one.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I remember way back when, when Stick and a few others here were trying to cause a big stink about Doug aligning himself with this and a few other sites. They didn't want him here period. Turned out Camera Land being here worked out great and I believe even Stick fell in line and purchased from them.

That was a lot of years ago...

Phil

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I thought that was all about the fellow that fancied himself and his rifles?

Buggered if I can remember his name but he had a boof head and excelled at posing for any camera in the vicinity.

Last edited by JSTUART; 08/25/18.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Greyghost
I remember way back when, when Stick and a few others here were trying to cause a big stink about Doug aligning himself with this and a few other sites. They didn't want him here period. Turned out Camera Land being here worked out great and I believe even Stick fell in line and purchased from them.

Phil

What a neat story.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Please charge my credit card and ship them priority..... 4350270078282520 exp 43/20 sec code 296

You guys are great! Thanks! grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Send me two of your best binoculars and scopes on the above credit card. Thanks. Overnight them.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave

Phil

What a neat story.

Did you ever get to FL?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Phil

What a neat story.

Did you ever get to FL?

Wrong thread.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah. We're way too busy bashing Stick here because he's wondering where his binoculars are after 3 months.

Priorities.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Phil

What a neat story.

True. Maybe Phil isn't just a liberal CUNT like I've been thinking?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Please charge my credit card and ship them priority..... 4350270078282520 exp 43/20 sec code 296

Done. Thanks!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 3,112 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,836
Posts18,517,095
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.