Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bought this rototiller for mine, and put in food plots of clover and turnips.

Works REALLY nice.....

[Linked Image]

It’s a Land Pride RTR1574

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by devnull
I did have the tires filled as well. I know Kubotas aren't as rear heavy as some of the domestic brands. I'll be adding a rotary cutter which will stay on the back most of the time.

As has been mentioned regarding loader work be extra careful! Especially when turning, keep the bucket low.... Watch sidehills, etc..

I'd be wanting a little grapple fork on the bucket to grab piles of brush but you can always just fork or toss it in the bucket as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sweet! Enjoy the ride...literally and figuratively...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A friend of mine died recently and a Kubota tractor like that was sold by his wife in an estate auction. He had a cab and air conditioning on it,...300 hours. I think it was a 2014 model. It's *way* more tractor than I need, but it sure would have been a fun toy.

He lived on a very premium 50 acre tract of land a couple of miles down the road and was diagnosed with some bad stuff a few years ago. He bought the Kubota and several nice implements a couple of years ago. I was seriously tempted to get in on the bidding for it, but it would have been a frivolous thing for me to chop a chunk out of my IRA for.

Still,....I understand the attraction of toys.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
If the dealer has a SSQA quick attach option for the bucket, do it! Being able to swap the bucket to a grapple bucket or pallet forks is indispensable. You'll be thanking me later.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hurry up and get the dang thing stuck..... Know the joys of having a tractor.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Devnull , excellent choice in tractor , my 7060 is three years old and going stronge . 12 speed also which if you have to road to another field is great but you will still have good lower end . Loaded tires you will not have any trouble with the front end loader , use common sense keep loads close to ground for center of gravity and do not side hill with a load. Pay attention to the burn off procedure as that model does not have DEF fluid . Purchase a good set of forks your bucket already has a quick detach , a box grader is also very handy ,a good rotary cutter would be next ......my preference is woods brand on both and the heavy model you can afford , tough duty equipment and you want it rugged .

Maintain your equipment and it will retain its value , traded my 2002 M4900 for over half its purchase price last year and I thought I had worked the life out of it .

Be safe. Enjoy the fruits of your labor .

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bristoe, sorry to hear about your friend.

What did the low hour tractor go for at the auction?

Don, what made the soft spot? Digging a spring?

Looks like you found the only sippy hole in the county!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Bristoe, sorry to hear about your friend.

What did the low hour tractor go for at the auction?

I think it went for about 26K

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm not up on tractor prices,.....but I think it went too low. A lot of things did. I was tempted to give his widow some advice about selling it,...but she's grieving right now. I didn't want to burden her with a bunch of advice.

She called my wife yesterday and wants advice on selling her farm.

I wish I was in a position to buy it. But it's beyond my means. It's a beautiful piece of property in Thoroughbred country,...and besides,...I'm content being one of the 5 acre peasants out here.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by devnull
I did have the tires filled as well. I know Kubotas aren't as rear heavy as some of the domestic brands. I'll be adding a rotary cutter which will stay on the back most of the time.

As has been mentioned regarding loader work be extra careful! Especially when turning, keep the bucket low.... Watch sidehills, etc..

I'd be wanting a little grapple fork on the bucket to grab piles of brush but you can always just fork or toss it in the bucket as well.

As Sam has said be damn careful, things happen fast with a loader tractor. Those of us that grew up with them have stories, be carefull

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by gsganzer
If the dealer has a SSQA quick attach option for the bucket, do it! Being able to swap the bucket to a grapple bucket or pallet forks is indispensable. You'll be thanking me later.

This if it did not come with it.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Purchased my land 11yrs ago. The next year got my tractor, and have been adding attachments, bush hog, finish mower,box blade,disc, seeder,post hole digger, tiller,plow. Let the fun begin.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by blanket
As Sam has said be damn careful, things happen fast with a loader tractor. Those of us that grew up with them have stories, be careful.

This, I have seen, and been, balanced on one front tire - SUCKS - and will make you suck wind (assuming you don't go over).
Only one I ever turned over was in a truck wreck (tractor on trailer), but I have been very close in my 59 years of operating tractors.
Biggest thing is KEEP THE LOADER BUCKET LOW !!!!!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Ah heck Mark, next you will be telling us we can not exceed the max listed in the reloader's manuals.

Gosh, I have one front tire airborn quite often with the 4020, the Hydro 70, and the 8N. It's the back tires that I insist both keep contact with the ground. With the caveat that it is a good idea to keep all four on the ground if you have any weight in the loader bucket.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
devnull Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks for all the input. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little apprehensive about using it. I've used tractors in the past, just never new ones.

I did look up the Brown cutters and they look wicked. I've looked at Woods but I think the Brown just might win me over for a rotary cutter. I have 15-20 acres in the back that have some saplings/small trees that needs to be cut down. I think the Brown just might do it.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The thing to remember is to always back over things with the brown tree cutter because if you don’t have a belly pan on your Tractor you can do some damage to it. There are some good videos on YouTube of the Brown in action.
I use my cutter on the Kubota M8200 and had to learn the hard way about the damage you can do .
Ronnie

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I broke the fuel filter on my tractor cutting brush. No good!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
After reading this thread, I have only a couple of suggestions.

You have a 70hp tractor. Putting a 72" cutter on it may get the job done, but you will have much better results and way less work if you go with a wider cutter.

The guys are right about being careful with using the loader, and the balance of the tractor, as well as backing over thicker brush you cut, rather than running over it with your tractor.

I do this stuff for a living, and wouldn't ever consider getting a rotary cutter that wasn't a batwing. wink Of course there's only so many times you can shred 100 acres, so you may not want to spend more money on a batwing...

Those cutters that are 8-10 feet that are rear hitch mounted are pretty worthless in my opinion. They are heavy and hard on your 3 point hitch, and are high maintenance, and not real reliable.

You'll figure it out. And have a good time doing so... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BGunn
Bought this rototiller for mine, and put in food plots of clover and turnips.

Works REALLY nice.....

[Linked Image]

It’s a Land Pride RTR1574

My 5' tiller for my Kioti CK35 is my most useful implement

next would be the 12" PHD........but that means you'll be building fence........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1941USMC, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 46 invisible), 1,798 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,000
Posts18,520,449
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.