-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay Poobs. I can see the bribes will need to be taken to a new level this year. How bout if I throw in a half dozen Hi Point carbines, and a case of Vienna Sausage? Maybe a case of potted meat product..............

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boy I saw a candidate yesterday on Fort McClellan. Probably all of 50lbs but had two curved spikes a good 8 inches high. Never seen such a small bodied young buck with that tall of horns.

Last edited by 444Matt; 09/09/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably all of 50lbs but had two curved spikes a good 8 inches high.

Antlers are too large, definitely not "Pope and Gerber". Right weight, though.

This is what you need for *antlers*. And......a *junk shot*.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Methinks perhaps it should be "Pope and Goober".

Also, since when are illegal alien deer eligible? I should run over to the Eastern Shore and look for some Sika dinks. You can hang them on a stringer like bluegills.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Run your proposal by the Poobs with an appropriate "Filing Fee" and he will make the changes you request.

Roger the Sika dinks, I've hunted them, and a 40-lber (dressed) is a rather large one. They sure are good eating, too.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 444Matt
Boy I saw a candidate yesterday on Fort McClellan. Probably all of 50lbs but had two curved spikes a good 8 inches high. Never seen such a small bodied young buck with that tall of horns.
That's a Booner compared to what will win this.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still think body size to antler size ratio makes it a candidate. I’ve seen 110lb 1yr old bucks that didn’t have that much horn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 444Matt
I still think body size to antler size ratio makes it a candidate. I’ve seen 110lb 1yr old bucks that didn’t have that much horn

Put your bribe where your mouth is! Poobs can be bought, and you'd better pony up, and pony up fast! MIght I suggest several cases of beer, an equal amount of booze, and a gift certificate to the Chicken Ranch. Hell, get him the 10 visit punch card.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MIght I suggest several cases of beer, an equal amount of booze, and a gift certificate to the Chicken Ranch. Hell, get him the 10 visit punch card.

Now that right there is a "filing fee". A good one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great Poobah!

Another deer season is nearly on us, and I'm beginning to despair already.

Our camp has had miserable luck in being able to harvest a suitable dink. To date, this has been our one entry:

[Linked Image]

As you can see, it had way too much antler. However, these are the smallest antlers we've been able to harvest in over a decade. This is from 2014, and if you remember you gave me an honorable mention for my hat. I had to rescue that rack from the processor's garbage, BTW. He'd thrown it out thinking it was too big to save.

A big part of the problem is that Kentucky currently allows the harvest of only 1 antlered deer per hunter per season. Somehow this has suppressed the genetic traits of proper dinkiness. All we seem to have anymore are these grossly oversized racks. It seems like they are either buttons or hatracks with nothing much in between.

Are there any tips you can give for promoting the proper amount of stuntedness?

Should I be tearing up my food plots?

Should I be adding something to my mineral licks?

Should I encourage young bucks to take up smoking and the consumption of coffee?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As you can see, it had way too much antler. However, these are the smallest antlers we've been able to harvest in over a decade.

Braggert.....

(grin)

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by shaman
Great Poobah!

Are there any tips you can give for promoting the proper amount of stuntedness?

Should I be tearing up my food plots?

Should I be adding something to my mineral licks?

Should I encourage young bucks to take up smoking and the consumption of coffee?

I appreciate your apparent dedication to winning this...but you've really got to step down your game. That pic you posted is a MONSTER.....

You just aren't trying hard enough...admitting it to yourself is the first step....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's exactly why I'm coming to you, Great Poobah.

What do I do? I feel helpless. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels out there in the blind.

I'm encouraged by your words. At least you seem to think my problem is under my control. However, I'm deuced if I can figure out what a good next step will be.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With a Dremel and some Becky Creek, those monster antlers could become a prize winner.

Bear in mind the Becky Creek is...ah....well......not for personal use whilst dremeling the antlers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just to show you what I'm dealing with, here is a pic from just a few hours ago at camp.

This monster was up in the yard, nibbling the flower bed less than 10 yards from the back door
deer at the back door

Notice the body size and the visible forks, and he's still just a baby. How can I compete with y'all with poor genetics like that?

Last edited by shaman; 09/14/18.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Shaman, that's way too big. That monster has got to be a B&C 25".

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shaman
That's exactly why I'm coming to you, Great Poobah.

What do I do? I feel helpless. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels out there in the blind.

I'm encouraged by your words. At least you seem to think my problem is under my control. However, I'm deuced if I can figure out what a good next step will be.

Shaman, this is definitely a sticky wicket you've gotten your self into for this year's Dinkathon. I feel your pain. Might I suggest first starting with the bribeage, and then worrying about the actual deer? Poobs will definite show respect for your entry equal to the quality of your prepaid bribes. Might I suggest some government cheese blocks, 50 lbs. of head cheese, 10 cases of Mad Dog 20/20 and several cases of very cheap toilet paper? That will get his attention..........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, but I need an entry. If I show up with something like this:

[Linked Image]

I doubt any amount of bribery will help.

That's the one, BTW, that I nailed at 20 yards last fall. He was following a doe that came up and stuck her head in the blind. She's learned how to keep those pesky bucks off her.

Last edited by shaman; 09/14/18.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, Shaman, I don't think you'd stand much of a chance with that guy. If you could figure out a way to cut the whole rack off and grind both branches down to nubs you might stand a chance, but you're gonna have a real hard time making him pass for a 45 pounder.........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Killed my first ever entry to the fabled Dink-a-thon this afternoon...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 280shooter, 257_X_50, 21 invisible), 1,474 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,993
Posts18,481,123
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.