-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Winner of the local Navy Club's "What the Star Spangled Banner Means to Me" sixth grade essay contest. Prize included a U.S. flag that had been flown at Ft. McHenry.
Regional finalist VFW Patriot's Pen Essay contest.
Four-Year High School Class President.
National Honor Society.
Student Council.
Soccer Team.
Golf Team.
Community Volunteer.
Second-year engineering student at nationally recognized university.
Student Team Manager (Video) of nationally-ranked FBS (Div. I) College Football Team.
Outdoorsman.
Hoody wearer.

Where did his mother and I go wrong?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CoalCracker; 08/24/18.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CoalCracker
Winner of the local Navy Club's "What the Star Spangled Banner Means to Me" sixth grade essay contest. Prize included a U.S. flag that had been flown at Ft. McHenry.
National Honor Society.
Community Volunteer.
Outdoorsman.
Hoody wearer.

[Linked Image]

Cracker,

with a nice smokepole like that his hoodie should be a Hudson Bay pattern. Maybe that's where you went wrong?

grin

congrats on raising a cool kid. Best wishes for a productive career for him.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by dan_oz

We have a rather good name here for a certain kind of person, who sees it as their role to impose their petty views on others . The sort of self-important, self-righteous people who would object to you drinking, or enjoying yourself, or wearing a hoodie. They are called wowsers.

we call them....a$$holes...…..how old is this wanker named jimy…..jimy….how old are you...….bob

Last edited by BobMt; 08/24/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CoalCracker
National Honor Society.
Student Council.
Soccer Team.
Golf Team.
Community Volunteer.
Student Team Manager (Video) of nationally-ranked FBS (Div. I) College Football Team.
Outdoorsman.
Hoody wearer.

[Linked Image]

Looks like a guy wearing a hooded sweatshirt to keep warm.
Normal.

Doesn't look like he's sweating his ass off on a 80 degree day, covered up in a "hoodie"
trying to act like a cool Mofo from the hood.

Whatever the superfluous wardrobe choices, congrats on a good young man.
Don't know where you are, but in our area, right now, having kids is scary.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Perspective on young men wearing hoodies depends on where you are in life.

With two teenage boys, hoodie wear ranks lower on the priority list in our household.

And respect for their elders doesn’t change regardless of what they’re wearing..

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, and they’re white and they may or may not wear black hoodies...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Everyone is missing the whole point. The hoodie wearer was the best pool player on the team and the OP just wanted him gone and the rest of the team off their game... smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have three girls in middle and high school. They and pretty much every kid I know wear hoodies. They have really evil logos like the name of their school, or their sports team, or the scary hoodies might even say "Nike" or "Adidas."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hoodies are nothing more than a way to hide one's identy in this area. Having the weakness to commit crimes of opportunity, it is advantageous to cover ones coconut to avoid id by other persons or cameras.

Here it's a black thing, copied by the whigger, nothing more.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Tomorrow morning I will be perched on a west facing slope @ 7300' glassing for Muledeer when the sun is rising.

You can bet the house that I will be a hoodie wearing mofo, just call me Trayvon.

Old people are funnygrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The hoodie thing can be a sign of gangsta attitude , or it can simply be athletic wear , work wear . It is a given you won't likely see a worker in one unless it's cold . But athletes wear them at will and I figure a fellow can at least give some space till he knows .
Have been quick to judge myself , only to have the person open the door for me , smile , and say good day sir !
It instantly gives me a reason to smile back and thank them .
It won't take long to figure what you're dealing with , no point in not giving a person a chance .
As for Jimmy , maybe he was a hard ass , but if an establishments rules are posted , then the young man should have honored the hosts rules and his pals should have pointed that out to him .
I don't give a [bleep] how you cut it , that is just common respect . Then if Jimmy and his pals are at the other guys hang out , it goes that way too , respect how they do things .
Another thing is some guys have made a career of military service and taking your cover off is in their blood . I try to remember that and give it consideration , no need in me being rude to someone who took his training or career serious .
And it ain't because they're old , it's how it used to be , even in school , hair was kept off the collar , no duck tailed shirts worn outside the pants and the girls were sometimes asked to kneel to the floor , if thier dress , skirt , didn't touch the floor , they got sent home to get proper wear .
Kenneth

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Wannabies. You either understand what I'm saying or not.

Is that similar to guys that wear “wigs”, or perhaps a casual name for wig crafters? Just taking a poke in the “dark” here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK, here is a recent photo of a white boy wearing a hoody in August in Oklahoma . . . any guess as to what he is up to?

[Linked Image]

Click Pic to find out

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
OK, here is a recent photo of a white boy wearing a hoody in August in Oklahoma . . . any guess as to what he is up to?

[Linked Image]

Hopefully about to get his azz kicked. You ain’t Jesse James kid and this ain’t dodge city, loose the fing mask and tie a pork chop around your neck

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

[Linked Image]

Stocking the freezer section, or longing to see his boyfriend cellmate again?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (160user, 222Sako, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 64 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,285
Posts18,486,876
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.