Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For throwing a #%&*ing football!!! That is what Green Bay is paying Aaron Rodgers with his new four year contract extension. Our football season is 200 days long and that 33.5 million ($167,500./day) is guaranteed and incentives can take it up way higher. What an absolutely obscene amount of money! Okay the guy is good, but pay for play has become extreme. Back in the 60's Jerry Kramer got a $5,000. raise and the guys in the locker room wouldn't even talk to him.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It is insane! Many years ago when talking wages.....I I remember my great grandfather telling my father, “ Ain’t no man worth $25 dollars a day”! Times have truly changed! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Much of it is just a game between players to see who can get the most. They already make more than they can reasonably spend. It's an ego thing. Even if we had a big league team near here, there's no way I'd spend the money to watch them play. I have better uses for my money than supporting swelled heads.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
They're not doing it on my money. I don't do NFL.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Much of it is just a game between players to see who can get the most. They already make more than they can reasonably spend. It's an ego thing. Even if we had a big league team near here, there's no way I'd spend the money to watch them play. I have better uses for my money than supporting swelled heads.

People in the stands of an NFL game on any given Sunday, Monday, Thursday, or Saturday probably don't cover the full salaries of both teams, players, medical, coaching, support staff, etc. Big $$ for big names is more about selling licensed merchandise and even more about selling advertising time on TV during the game.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Windfall
For throwing a #%&*ing football!!! That is what Green Bay is paying Aaron Rodgers with his new four year contract extension. Our football season is 200 days long and that 33.5 million ($167,500./day) is guaranteed and incentives can take it up way higher. What an absolutely obscene amount of money! Okay the guy is good, but pay for play has become extreme. Back in the 60's Jerry Kramer got a $5,000. raise and the guys in the locker room wouldn't even talk to him.

No as many people watched back in the 60's, so without the potential eyeballs, the players were not as valuable. If the owners didn't think they were getting a good potential return on their investment, the players wouldn't make as much.

If you are really concerned about the players making too much money, stop watching.

If you can't stop watching, you only succeed in demonstrating the value of the brand.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He's arguably the best QB in the sport, so his salary is commensurate. If you were the world's best at whatever you do, you could demand a hefty salary, too.

Obviously, you're not. Despite your wryly ironic screen name.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
....and what are you worth? Should we cap your pay? Maybe do a market survey to decide if your skills are marketable? I don't follow sports much, and football bores me to tears, but anyone who says "he makes too much money" is simply jealous. The free market determines what he is worth, it's not arbitrary in the whole. It's what his presence on the team is expected to generate in revenue at the ticket box, the franchise stores, the endorsements he will bring, and the food and drink he will help sell by playing. The owners will make more off him playing than he will, that is for certain.
It's a lot like patents, and people claiming that someone else should not be able to keep thier own idea and product to themselves, because they have made "enough money" now, and they should be forced to share now.
What someone else makes. Is no business of mine, as it is "what the market will bear", and self regulating. If you feel you need to make a statement, spend your dollars elsewhere.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Just an investment that returns as needed.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Sounds like a free market/ capitalism.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When you are one of the 5 best in the universe at something useful, you get paid accordingly.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Whoever is paying him that much is doing it because they expect him to make them more money than he costs one way or the other.

Last edited by RJY66; 08/31/18.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by hatari
When you are one of the 5 best in the universe at something useful, you get paid accordingly.

Assuming there’s a significant market for your skills. How much does the world champion at tiddlywinks make?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

People in the stands of an NFL game on any given Sunday, Monday, Thursday, or Saturday probably don't cover the full salaries of both teams, players, medical, coaching, support staff, etc. Big $$ for big names is more about selling licensed merchandise and even more about selling advertising time on TV during the game.

The people in the stands (fools IMHO) don't pay the salaries for NFL players or anyone else on the team for that matter. The TV contract is so lucrative for the NFL that every player, coach, assistant coach all the way down the line, every person that draws a salary from that team is covered before they even play a down. The people in the stands that pay $6 for a hot dog, $7 for a beer and $25 to park are lining the owners pockets! I have't watched a NFL game in years. I guess there are enough people watching to justify these salaries or they wouldn't be offered!

Elk Country

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll laugh my ass off if he gets hurt on opening day and he's out for the season. Probably won't know because I'm not watching the NFL until they fix their anthem rules.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Assuming there’s a significant market for your skills. How much does the world champion at tiddlywinks make?

P

Is there a world championship of tiddlywinks? If so, the best can capitalize at some level on it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Probably won't know because I'm not watching the NFL until they fix their anthem rules.

I’m done with the NFL for good. The players have shown their true colors. No rule change can undo that.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

P

Is there a world championship of tiddlywinks? If so, the best can capitalize at some level on it.

It’s a big deal in England and Scotland.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

P

As much as the market will bear.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Maybe it's an attempt to solve income inequality in one fell swoop by raisins an average.

After all, what can people with low IQs do besides play football? Or watch football.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 16penny, 02bfishn, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,978
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.