Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I've run Minox 8s and 15s for some years now, both in Arizona and Alaska. Being a typical Big Eye hunter, I schlep the stuff, along with a full-sized tripod, everywhere. I don't own a quad (or I would hike less), and everything travels in a backpack, like you would expect.

I bought these from CameralandNY. Minox Customer Service is out of San Antonio. I've had to send stuff back twice. Once, I dropped the small binos on a rock and gouged out the objective. And again once (both) for a collimation adjustment.

The first time Minox upgraded me, gratis, to a better pair of 8s. I felt it was reasonable for me to have paid for these, at least a portion. The second time I expressed some anxiety, as there was a hunt looming and I needed glass. The lady at San Antonio said not to worry, she'd get good loaners to me if the adjustments had not yet been made.

I call this fine customer service. Leupold, Vortex, and Minox have all provided very good CS for me over the years. Maybe some day I'll own glass that never needs to be returned for service. But I kind of hope not, as it will probably mean I hunt less.

If I had to replace either glass from scratch, I would probably spend more and move up to an elite quality glass. But for the moment, I'm pretty well served.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
In my opinion Minox is elite quality glass....

gunut
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Minox went above and beyond for me. I bought a new ZE5i 3-15x56, but it happened to be part of the early production run and did not have the feature allowing you to change to a darker illumination curve. I really liked the optical properties of the scope, so I contacted them for an estimate -- or to even see if the was possible. I was told that they would upgrade my scope for no charge but that it would have to go to Germany. I sent it to San Antonio to be forwarded to Germany. This was the week of Thanksgiving. Between Christmas and New Year, I had it back...and at no charge to me.

I think this was exceptional service.

By the way, the ZE5i glass is exceptional. I am very picky when it comes o low-light optics and do not easily impress. But this one certainly caught my attention.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
I've run Minox 8s and 15s for some years now, both in Arizona and Alaska. Being a typical Big Eye hunter, I schlep the stuff, along with a full-sized tripod, everywhere. I don't own a quad (or I would hike less), and everything travels in a backpack, like you would expect.

I bought these from CameralandNY. Minox Customer Service is out of San Antonio. I've had to send stuff back twice. Once, I dropped the small binos on a rock and gouged out the objective. And again once (both) for a collimation adjustment.

The first time Minox upgraded me, gratis, to a better pair of 8s. I felt it was reasonable for me to have paid for these, at least a portion. The second time I expressed some anxiety, as there was a hunt looming and I needed glass. The lady at San Antonio said not to worry, she'd get good loaners to me if the adjustments had not yet been made.

I call this fine customer service. Leupold, Vortex, and Minox have all provided very good CS for me over the years. Maybe some day I'll own glass that never needs to be returned for service. But I kind of hope not, as it will probably mean I hunt less.

If I had to replace either glass from scratch, I would probably spend more and move up to an elite quality glass. But for the moment, I'm pretty well served.

Jeff--just curious. I like my Minox spotter a lot, but hasn't Dennis had several of their scopes fail from recoil?

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

683 members (160user, 204guy, 16penny, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,842
Posts18,496,856
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.