Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by bludog
Let's see, we'll use our giant human intellect to question why the creator of the universe chose to do one thing or another. When all we really need to understand is what He's already shared with us. His love for us was so great that He came down and suffered and died for us. Believe that, trust in that, everything else is above our pay grade.

Amen!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
To answer Satan's challenge that God is not the only one qualified for the job. Mankind can respond to His love without the (experiential) coercion of having already seen "the big picture."
The angelic realm is watching in wonder -- grace was a new wrinkle in their universe -- salvation vs. judgment for a separate creation of beings that could disobey Him.

Basically, as I have understood it, it's about God's Name and whether the universe can run harmoniously AT ANY LEVEL without Him having first place.
Scripture records for us only one spiritual being having challenged God. (If Allah and Satan are not identical, paying attention for 50+ years has been useless to me.)
lucifer the created decided to become Satan instead, dragging a third of heaven down to his level. What we see is how the debate is playing out.

Also, please remember that the Bible says we are in a fallen condition -- NOT what God originally created. Redemption through Jesus the Son is restoring the damage.
(What Revelation describes is how it looks at the end of this process, BTW.) Current events suggest to us that God might be approaching the limit of his patience.
A bunch of atomic bombs going off would leave a world unable to repair itself, despite the confidence of evolutionary thinkers/theory.

2 cents worth to Gus and Starman, maybe worth far more to serious seekers.

Barry

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I Corinthians 2:9
However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him--

Isaiah 55:8-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Just an observation here Mr. Raider that I don't think most see when reading those verses.

I don't take those verses to mean that God is saying he is just smarter than we are. When we continue reading we see that God also says there that he sent his word,and it will not return to him void.

I think what God is really saying here is, that He is really smarter than we are but that he also gives us the knowledge to make wise decisions,if we will only seek.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Re-read Savage Hunter's post, and contemplate what he's saying.

Yes, the made a child for themselves. You can't make a kid for the kid, people have kids because it's what THEY want, you know, selfish reasons.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Yes, the made a child for themselves. You can't make a kid for the kid, people have kids because it's what THEY want, you know, selfish reasons.

So you can’t fathom that my wife an I had so much love to share that we desired to create a child to pour out even more love on?

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Many times in the gospels, Jesus states he is doing the work of Him who sent Jesus. The very definition of work implies progress.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Lennie
Many times in the gospels, Jesus states he is doing the work of Him who sent Jesus. The very definition of work implies progress.

Depends on how you define that observation. Work could mean "will" in this case. Does that equate to progress? Progress for who? As already said,Jesus is also called "The Lamb Slain before the Foundation of the World". Does that mean that there is no such concept as "progress" unless it is in out own consciousness?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Sometimes by busted rubbers, sometimes by no rubbers, sometimes for welfare babies ,sometimes to trap a man,, ,,,,,grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't be obtuse, I asked, "Why do couples want to have children?' (Emphasis added)

Selfish reasons? Then they are sadly mistaken. Kids are expensive and often a PITA.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Don't be obtuse, I asked, "Why do couples want to have children?' (Emphasis added)

Selfish reasons? Then they are sadly mistaken. Kids are expensive and often a PITA.

Children can come to us in many ways. Some wanted, some not wanted and some for less than noble reasons of the parents.

Then you have those who want them so very badly and can’t fulfill that want by themselves.

You are right about the associated costs for children now days.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To say that things are not nearly as simple as some like to believe, would be the greatest understatment ever spoken.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
If we were created by a perfect God, he has a very dark sense of humor.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel

God didn't do it for Himself, He did it for us...

Did what for us? He made us for us? If He didn't make us for us, we wouldn't know.

So He made us for Him.

Scripture has sufficient evidence to show God has great zeal and passion for seeking his own Glory.

He is a loving God , but also a very jealous and selfish God.

In old mosaic practice, sacrifices were made at the Temple to glorify God.

ASAIAH 43:

6 "I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him."

Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter

Revelation 13:8 calls Jesus "The Lamb slain before the foundation of the world." So the decision to die on the cross for the sins/failures of man,
was already in place before man was ever created.

Divinely Pre-ordained, though some Christians would disagree.

Yet still the question,.. why would a perfect God create [by all knowing, all wise, all powerful choice]
a highly dysfunctional ungodly family of billions?

the Father does have a Son with title of monarchal King, a monarchy needs loyal subjects otherwise what kind of kingdom does He have?

the overwhelming vast majority fail miserably in meeting the standard required of God to be loyal subjects.

mankind is not welcome in the Fathers house without the prerequisite of the King putting a good word in.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Or...why do we watch sports contests? To see the play and the outcome.
Or maybe God was just bored. After all, what's the excitement if everything is perfect?

excitement normally involves some sort of anticipation, or predicting....
but God already knows the outcome, and every move, thought and decision every human will ever make.

thus I cant imagine God banging the tabernacle with his fist in frustration and spilling his ambrosia , or throwing his shoe
in surprised disappointment.

Originally Posted by IndyCA35

I've sometimes wondered what it's like in heaven. Does everyone just sit around in a night gown on a cloud playing a harp?
There must be something else.

If mankinds spirit is a genuine model issued by the divine creator ,then we originally came from heaven, but evidently
we don't remember being there.

A number of spiritual beliefs on death say the earth swallows up/reclaims the defunct body and the 'living spirit' returns to God.

Jesus said he will go and prepare a room in the fathers house for those deemed worthy. ..I wonder why the Father would not
already keep or have prepared such rooms ?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
We're here to entertain the big guy. Once the sparkle has worn off, he'll drop a big rock on us and start over. Dinosaurs were entertaining once upon a time.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by tdbob
Dinosaurs were entertaining once upon a time.

Says someone no longer struggling with today's dinosaurs.

Last edited by Bocefish; 09/05/18.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
He needed a hobby.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 69 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,855
Posts18,497,046
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.