Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by curdog4570
My preferred solution is for the US to allow Texas to peacefully secede. Then y’all can build a wall along the Red River.

Were that to happen you'd be a Mexican state (again) inside 5 years. If that's what you want just go ahead and move to chihuahua.

MAGA
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You’re pretty quick to give away land that belongs to other citizens, aren’t you Ace?

TVA ring a bell?

Invasion of Mexico and putting the wall on that side should be considered LONG before Eminent Domain.

I fugging HATE eminent domain

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A bunch of wall is ALREADY built along the TX border in the LRGV. I have friends that farm between the wall and the river and I work regularly between the wall and river.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You’re pretty quick to give away land that belongs to other citizens, aren’t you Ace?

Where did I say “give away land...”? You’re rearing for a fight by starting this thread AGAIN and I’d prefer to keep this civil.

Constitutionally there’s a provision for eminent domain and I cannot think of any more pertinent use of that provision than to use it, if necessary, to permanently secure OUR southern border and secure our nation from the stream of scum that flow northward through “your property”. I think that our founding fathers envisioned no greater use of such provision than in securing our nation from invaders.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

TVA ring a bell?

Invasion of Mexico and putting the wall on that side should be considered LONG before Eminent Domain.

I fugging HATE eminent domain

I agree!

But I think even our founding fathers would have employed it to secure our borders. The US government used to just take it if they needed a location for a fort but now the land is compensated at fair market value. There’s a lot of precedent for it and it applies in no greater magnitude than the issue at hand.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Land is taken every time a new freeway needs space, whenever a new dam has been built, and could be done for a border zone as well.

The items in the OP are not startling revelations except maybe to the OP.

However it ends up, I support our President's intent.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Since we've been fighting for the last 15 years or so in barren desert lands I suggest we build a BIG military base down near the border and let our troops train in the area as seen fit! OJT would take care of a lot of the schitt that goes on down there!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Land is taken every time a new freeway needs space, whenever a new dam has been built, and could be done for a border zone as well.

The items in the OP are not startling revelations except maybe to the OP.

However it ends up, I support our President's intent.

I hear you, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Lots of things happen everyday that I think many should be pissed about.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My preferred solution is for the US to allow Texas to peacefully secede. Then y’all can build a wall along the Red River.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/06/24/can-texas-legally-secede-united-states/

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
1. The border is the middle of the Rio Grande for 1200 miles..... more than half it’s length.

2. Except for Big Bend Natl Park, the land on the northern bank of the river is privately owned. Acquiring title thru eminent domain litigation would take years of courtroom activity.

3. Building the wall on the US side of the river cedes ownership of the river to Mexico and deprives OUR wildlife in that area access to water.

Now...... was Trump ignorant of these factors when he campaigned on building “ a big, beautiful, wall the length of the border” or was he just counting on YOUR ignorance?

It's obvious by all the ignorant responses here just how these trump supporters really are.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1. The border is the middle of the Rio Grande for 1200 miles..... more than half it’s length.

2. Except for Big Bend Natl Park, the land on the northern bank of the river is privately owned. Acquiring title thru eminent domain litigation would take years of courtroom activity.

3. Building the wall on the US side of the river cedes ownership of the river to Mexico and deprives OUR wildlife in that area access to water.

Now...... was Trump ignorant of these factors when he campaigned on building “ a big, beautiful, wall the length of the border” or was he just counting on YOUR ignorance?

NONE of these matter a whit, you twit. Building a wall inside our borders cedes nothing, eminent domain and just compensation will pave the way for #2 (something you're utterly FULL of!) Hell, some of those poor harried border land owners will probably DONATE the land, real Americans (not liberal fairies, like you), are sick of this crap. Stop crying. Go find a suicide video game cult and join up whole Hogg...
Liberal LOSER!!!!!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
People are so quick to throw around eminent domain. WTF is wrong with all of you that are happy for the government to take your property/home etc.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

Do you feel a border wall from Brownsville to Del Rio would benefit the United States?

Sure.... as long as it’s built on the Mexican side of the River, take it all the way to the Pacific.

So if it's built on this side of the river you don't feel that it would be a benefit to the United States?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It would be a benefit, but it's a damn shame that people along the border have to give up their land because [bleep] in SAN FRAN, STUPID [bleep] YANKEES IN New York, Minnesota etc want to have sanctuary cities and LOVE illegals. That companies aren't shut down for having illegals.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've thought from the beginning that a wall is a bad idea. We have a serious immigration problem and the wall won't fix it. They'll always find a way over, under, or around it.
We need to eliminate the reason they want to come here. Make it impossible to work, get rid of freebies, most certainly eliminate any chance of citizenship or voting. Outlaw illegal immigrant drivers licenses and free health care.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It would be a benefit, but it's a damn shame that people along the border have to give up their land because [bleep] in SAN FRAN, STUPID [bleep] YANKEES IN New York, Minnesota etc want to have sanctuary cities and LOVE illegals. That companies aren't shut down for having illegals.

Is San Antonio in MN or NY? I can't remember. Houston is a bastion of conservatism as well.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Well if the mantra was "Murder citizens of New York, Minnesota, and California" I'd vote for that guy too.

But so far all he is fighting for is building the wall and I don't see any benefit to opposing the idea. I'm glad somebody is fighting for it to be done because it was needed long before the notion of a sanctuary city ever existed.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Is San Antonio in MN or NY? I can't remember. Houston is a bastion of conservatism as well.

Well, there is that.

Don't forget Austin.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Maybe you can remember that Texas still elected Trump. If things went the way Minnesoda, California and NY voted, the wall wouldn't even be a discussion. The only discussion would be how many illegals we could fit into your house.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
But if Texas favored Trump wouldn't that mean he was executing the will of Texas?

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1minute, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,599
Posts18,511,378
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.