Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm no fan of imminent domain,....but I suspect that most people who own property which adjoins the Mexican border would be happy for the government to build a fence along it.

They're probably tired of cleaning up the chitty diaper trail that illegals are distributing across their land.

I know that the people in Texas that live on the border want a wall on the border and not some distance from the border into Texas that cuts them off from the river and gives the illegal immigrants easy access to a big part of their property . This is what my border patrol friend told me years ago. He has keys to most of gates on the ranches in his area and he's very popular with the people in his area. The coyotes have no problem driving through ranch fences and gates. The problem of water for livestock could easily be solved with water wells and gravity fed water troughs like it is in many dry areas in Texas.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by curdog4570
1. The border is the middle of the Rio Grande for 1200 miles..... more than half it’s length.

2. Except for Big Bend Natl Park, the land on the northern bank of the river is privately owned. Acquiring title thru eminent domain litigation would take years of courtroom activity.

3. Building the wall on the US side of the river cedes ownership of the river to Mexico and deprives OUR wildlife in that area access to water.

Now...... was Trump ignorant of these factors when he campaigned on building “ a big, beautiful, wall the length of the border” or was he just counting on YOUR ignorance?
The wall is under construction. The Private Property on the border issue is settled law. In areas of critical habitat. Electronic monitoring was always how the border was going to be walled. Now that all three of your points have been proven to be stupid. How do you feel?

Last edited by baltz526; 09/08/18.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've read recently that if congress doesn't give Trump the money to build the wall, he may resort to the military to do it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm no fan of imminent domain,....but I suspect that most people who own property which adjoins the Mexican border would be happy for the government to build a fence along it.

They're probably tired of cleaning up the chitty diaper trail that illegals are distributing across their land.

I know that the people in Texas that live on the border want a wall on the border and not some distance from the border into Texas that cuts them off from the river and gives the illegal immigrants easy access to a big part of their property . This is what my border patrol friend told me years ago. He has keys to most of gates on the ranches in his area and he's very popular with the people in his area. The coyotes have no problem driving through ranch fences and gates. The problem of water for livestock could easily be solved with water wells and gravity fed water troughs like it is in many dry areas in Texas.

The Landowners on the border don’t speak with one voice as far as to HOW best to secure the border. But all I’ve talked to realize that more boots on the ground are needed and that the Federal Government needs to quit giving illegal aliens protected status when they trespass or break other State Laws.

And..... a Billionaire from Florida has been buying up large ranches in the Trans Pecos for years. He doesn’t run cattle or allow hunting so it’s a mystery as to what his purpose is. One rumor is that he is trying to acquire a million acres of contiguous land and apply for a Nuclear Waste disposal permit.He bought 200k acres that we used to lease for hunting south of Sanderson.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by baltz526
1. The border is the middle of the Rio Grande for 1200 miles..... more than half it’s length.

2. Except for Big Bend Natl Park, the land on the northern bank of the river is privately owned. Acquiring title thru eminent domain litigation would take years of courtroom activity.

3. Building the wall on the US side of the river cedes ownership of the river to Mexico and deprives OUR wildlife in that area access to water.

Now...... was Trump ignorant of these factors when he campaigned on building “ a big, beautiful, wall the length of the border” or was he just counting on YOUR ignorance?
The wall is under construction. The Private Property on the border issue is settled law. In areas of critical habitat. Electronic monitoring was always how the border was going to be walled. Now that all three of your points have been proven to be stupid. How do you feel?

My three points were prepatory to the question I asked after I made the points. Do you feel qualified to answer it?

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The Landowners on the border don’t speak with one voice as far as to HOW best to secure the border. But all I’ve talked to realize that more boots on the ground are needed and that the Federal Government needs to quit giving illegal aliens protected status when they trespass or break other State Laws.

And..... a Billionaire from Florida has been buying up large ranches in the Trans Pecos for years. He doesn’t run cattle or allow hunting so it’s a mystery as to what his purpose is. One rumor is that he is trying to acquire a million acres of contiguous land and apply for a Nuclear Waste disposal permit.He bought 200k acres that we used to lease for hunting south of Sanderson.

Oh sweet Jesus. Texas gossip circles.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I laud the idea of a wall, but every time I hear about it I envision Juan and Pedro subcontracting to some DC firm and building a big long straight wall made out of two foot tall doors.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
We do have walls and people to guard them. It's just not as complete as it should be.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I prefer our moat, we filled it with sharks and salt water crocodiles.

Am pretty sure we stopped crocodile hunting so we would have enough of them to deter northern incursions.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been saying it for years....

1. Secure our boarders
2. Enforce our laws
3. Do away with "anchor baby" stature

We need to overhaul our immigration system. Many come here under a visa....and overstay their welcome. Need to withdraw the "incentives".

Many illegals would self-deport if the Federal Government would stop federal funds to hospitals, police departments, cities, schools, social welfare programs etc., that do not report illegals to ICE.

Once the institutions turn on the illegals (and they would for the money), then many illegals would turn back to the border on their own.

It's really that simple.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"The Landowners on the border don’t speak with one voice as far as to HOW best to secure the border."

That's just your opinion. How you could possibly know that? How many Texas Border Patrolmen have you talked to? The Border Patrol has a lot of face to face interaction with many landowners so I trust their opinions way more than I do yours.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Oh sweet Jesus. Texas gossip circles.

How about you answering my question?

Do you think Trump really thought he could build a “ big, beautiful , wall the length of our southern border”, or was he blowing smoke?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Trump still thinks he will build a good wall the length of our border and it is already started.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Trump still thinks he will build a good wall the length of our border and it is already started.

I still have problems with the notion that I have more faith in your President than most Americans.

Somehow that just seems wrong.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The question that asks if I'm ignorant or Trump is ignorant? That question?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

No..... but close enough.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

No..... but close enough.

I'm going with "C"......curdog4570 is ignorant.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

And, to add #4:

4. The estimated cost is now estimated (by one source) as $33 billion. Congress probably won't authorize such an expenditure for a project that will only slow, but not eliminate illegal border crossings (see: https://www.dezeen.com/2018/01/08/u...trump-cost-developments-online-petition/ ) .

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Has construction already started. It might be a semantics question as Congress called it fencing improvement in the budget legislation, not a wall.
see: https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/has-the-border-wall-begun/

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (35, 44mc, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,708 guests, and 972 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,456
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.