Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
James,

I think you may be wrong. The "young crowd" would buy from Nike no matter what, and still may do that. All the young skulls full of mush care about is who's name is on the shoe. If some low-IQ cretin who can dribble a ball has his name on the shoe, they'll buy it. So I don't think they'll sell any more shoes to that group.

It's a stupid business decision.

I have a 16 year old at home. None of his age group are into Nike, they are into Addidas. Nike is Old School.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by hatari

I have a 16 year old at home. None of his age group are into Nike, they are into Addidas. Nike is Old School.

Just so you know...adidas just offered kap a deal, he went with nike though. Adidas was in bed with him too.

Last edited by killerv; 09/05/18.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Conservative Treehouse has this take on Nike’s motivation. https://theconservativetreehouse.co...h-bigger-geopolitical-and-trade-picture/

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
They should have done an ad with all those Nike child and female worker in 3rd world countries making Nike shoes for 50 cents a day.

[Linked Image]

Exactly^^^^

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Toddly
It’s amazing to see corporations pick sides. Dumb but amazing.
I’ll wait for their going out of business sale.

+1, Why would you alienate any potential customer?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I like their response. Thanks for sharing.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
All: I am not personally sure of the amount of damage done to Nike's stock yesterday - today on a "financial news" type TV show I heard that yesterday's damage to Nike was a lesser amount than what I heard and posted about yesterday.
The monetary damage to Nike yesterday alone was quoted, today by one person, as $2,800,000,000.00 (two billion eight hundred million dollars) - using either dollar figure, yesterdays hit on Nike caused by colon kaepernick was amazingly substantial.
Been to busy to check today.
Whichever amount is correct the damage to Nike has been incredible and will almost certainly continue for a while.
Now that I know what is in the hearts of idiots in Nikes management I will be spending my hard earned (and highly taxed!) dollars elsewhere.
Down with nike!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
From this event forward I will never ever buy anything that represents Nike.

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Nike went ahead with the campaign. Willing to take the losses, to make their point.

When it's all said & done, in the end, Nike will come out ahead; what the bruthas & sistas in the big cities buy waaaaaay more than compensates for whatever middle-America deosn't buy.

Reality.

MM

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This endorsement deal is just a left-wing funding method, like a Clinton book deal.

Politics is War by Other Means
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Hey dudes,

Just wanted to like let you all know that this is totally not an 'overtly political' ad campaign. That is according to CNBC. Not sure who that is but they are like, completely, reputable and stuff. I even got that off Google. So like keep buying Nike and stuff.

My only gripe is that since this is clearly not an 'overtly political' ad campaign but rather just randomly based around a mediocre athlete is; NIKE WHERE THE FUGH WERE YOU FOR ME!?!? I was one of the most randomly mediocre dudes on my freshman football team. Did it not occur to you, at any point, that I could use the fame and fortune? Well, didn't it? Did you not see the car I was driving or the utter lack of pussy I was forced to suffer at the time?

If you just hadn't thought of this yet NIKE, I think you are on to something. Why stop at a QB no one wants when you could have a 42 yo dude that never even played varsity ball....I mean, since it's not 'overtly political' and stuff. Cause, like, if you just picked whats-his-name and random why not pick me?

Last edited by westside_benny; 09/05/18.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
what i have never figured out was what that three feet of hair he is carrying around is for. It looks like he stuck a finger in a light socket.

ROFL, and he is not even THAT much Negro, is he?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Well played, Benny. Well played.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have not purchased any Nike product since the 1980s...

A couple of years ago one morning while walking the dog before dawn I found a Nike hoodie that apparently someone had put of top of their car and then driven off...it was like new and when I checked the price it was like $125.00...

I only wore it a few times but Sunday will be it's last trip...putting on a tactical match and the hoodie will be on one of the rubber dummy "hoods"...and well ventilated by the end of the day...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How does a 1/2white1/2black guy get along with itself ? Does his white side want to hang the other half ? ..damm tough way to live imo...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Just checked. Nike stock was at an all time high during the last week in August. Colin burst that bubble with his +3% slide on Tuesday. Slight rebound on Wednesday and Thursday. And then another down tick on Friday. Betting that the dismal viewership for the NFL opener on Thursday night did not help their cause.

All in all, their stock is still down 2.3% after the first week of having CK be the "new face" of their company... As above, I don't know how much that means in real dollars. But, it has to hurt...

Keep up the pressure...

Last edited by Orion2000; 09/09/18.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rlott

[Linked Image]

That is succinct.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Conservative Treehouse has this take on Nike’s motivation. https://theconservativetreehouse.co...h-bigger-geopolitical-and-trade-picture/

So in other words, the NFL, Nike and Levi Strauss have sold out the good 'ole USA.

Even a better reason to not watch or buy.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

166 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,265
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.