Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
OK

I am getting ready to build a Goat barn for when I move my self out of Commyfornia and end up in Arizona
I plan on using 16ga. Verco B decking for the lower section of the walls for the barn.

The decking is 3 ft. tall.

My question is due to the fact that Goats head butt everything in sight and challenge everything as well.
Is 3 ft tall high enough when they challenge the walls of the barn not to take out the thinner 26 to 28 ga. siding that I will have above the 16Ga.

Or do I need to go higher with the 16 ga.
I already have the B Deck and plan on making the Barn 15 ft wide and 20 ft deep I was told I could go 300 sq. ft with no building permits.

Anyone out there that can answer my question before I screw sompin up.

Last edited by funshooter; 09/09/18.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have a hole in my barn door at close to 4'. It was an adult Alpine wether that did it, though. If you're raising shorter Boers, 3' should be enough.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kaywoodie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaywoodie taint gonna tell ya nuttin' that taint true.

Last edited by 12344mag; 09/09/18.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Best of luck when you move. I'm interested to see how this thread goes. Might want a goat or tree around this place.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Waiting for the muslim wisecracks. Wont be long now.........

laugh

[Linked Image]
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's hard to build a goat-proof fence that will keep the goats properly contained.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
We had Nubians. Had no trouble with the barn at all, just be prepared to move a lot of poop. They don't like rain at all, and will want to spend the night in there. Fencing is another story. 4foot high s OK, they won't go over it, but they will climb on it if there is brouse on the other side. The 2x4 pattern does well against that, nad don't space the posts too far apart.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Serious question.

Why would anybody want a goat?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Goat:

https://www.southernliving.com/community/rick-bragg-southern-journal-trade-day

Five years ago, my brothers and I drove to a vast flea market in Collinsville, Alabama, to buy a bantam rooster for our mother. We left with two ducks, two chickens, a Hamilton watch, two fig trees, a sack of green onions, a bone-handled pocketknife, a bushel of sweet potatoes, a four-way lug wrench, a goat named Ramrod, and a ball-peen hammer.

The goat, the size of a Shetland pony, butted my Ford Bronco so hard it rocked on its springs. That was why I bought the hammer. I was not riding back with that thing unarmed.

"Couldn't find a pistol?" I asked my brother Sam. Sam, who has always been serious, said he could have found one, easy, in the endless stalls and milling throngs of people, if he had known I needed one--that, or a banjo, a croquet mallet, or a rhesus monkey. The goat just glared at me, kind of walleyed. "Ain't he a dandy?" said my little brother, Mark.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
We had Nubians. Had no trouble with the barn at all, just be prepared to move a lot of poop. They don't like rain at all, and will want to spend the night in there. Fencing is another story. 4foot high s OK, they won't go over it, but they will climb on it if there is brouse on the other side. The 2x4 pattern does well against that, nad don't space the posts too far apart.

It's gunna be a while before I make the move unfortunately

Been doing some homework and found out the the 2 X 4 Horse fence works better for the Kids instead of the Goat fence 4" squares.

There is a lot of scrub oak and cedars on my property in AZ. so I will probably just have to supplement their diet for the first bit until they eat everything up and clean the land up for me to grow some stuff for them to eat.

I do a lot of homework and ask a lot of questions before I jump into things.

And why Goats I like the Meat.

As for the Muzzy jokes

I have a cute girlfriend at the moment and all though when I make the move up there it will look like I will be a Goat Herder but I will not be that kind Goat herder ifin ya know what I'm a Meanin.

HA HA

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My wife's goats tear the chit out out of everything. Much worse than steers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Years ago we had a nice new Honda car, went out to visit a guy who had goats running around the yard. Visited him for a while, came out to find goats all over the top of the car and paint scratched all to hell. The guy paid for a new paint job for us but was not too pleased about it.

[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
When fencing for goats!! Make sure they can't get their head stuck in the fence, if you have middle eastern immigrates nearby. Just trying to help the goats out!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I shoot everything taller than 4 foot

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I have a hole in my barn door at close to 4'.

Coulda' called that.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
you mentioned cedars which means to me central/northern arizona. keep in mind coyotes, mt lions, and i think there are some wolves running around.
I have had a couple of pygmy goats running in the back yard as pets the last seven years.
They for sure don't like rain, they have a shelter.
they poop/pee/eat just about all the time. the good thing is the poop isn't smelly, urine is.
dogs think the poop is goat candy.
highly intelligent breakout artists. One of mine has got down with his horns to lift the fence, while the other crawls on his side out.
he then returns the favor. Love to butt thinks, use the fence as a scratching device, i put put in metal fencing to avoid problems.
they have a definite preference for certain things. We have fences are our trees, otherwise in minutes they would be girded. prior to fencing
they were climbing the trees. we have to keep gates doors chained as they figure out the locks pretty quick.
Love them to death.
as to valsdad, i had a friend living in the city limits of prescott, had a dog door leading to a run with heavy fencing including on top. It had been dented several places, mt lions. One of which would sleep on his front porch.
i couldn't convince him it needed to be shot.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Yep East of Kingman

I was planing on using 6 1/2 ft. tee posts driven in 18 in. and if needed a hot wire on top with the Horse fence 2 X 4 laced not welded fencing.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Coyotes and lions no wolves
Where there are lions there more than likely are Bobcats to.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
don't be to sure about the wolves, we were pretty sure of hearing them howling on bill williams mt a couple of years ago.
and i do believe one was killed up around the canyon.
for sure on the bobcats.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
[quote=Bristoe]Serious question.

Why would anybody want a goat?[/quote

For the barbecue...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,447
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.