HO scale trains
Slot cars

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Ha...my battle armour heman is in the attic with a few others. Dad would take me about every other friday and get me a figure. Had the castle and skeletors place with the microphone. My mother gave most every thing away. I picked up some micro machine awhile back for the kids, I had fun with those when younger. My oldest has gotten into baseball cards, he liked to had a fit when I busted out about 5k of them I had been keeping from my childhood. Mom brought me an original ertl duke of hazzard car I about wore out as a kid so she did keep a few things. Found some of my old starting lineup baseball figures too.

You reckon kids these days will long for their ipad they had 30 years from now?

Last edited by killerv; 09/11/18.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Still have a few: some Matchbox army vehicles much abused by me and my sons, a Pluto puppet with a lot of the paint missing off the rubber head, a tiny ball-peen hammer from a toy tow truck's toolbox, and the lttle derringer from my Shootin' Shell belt buckle. I sawed that off the buckle when I discovered it fired at an angle instead of straight ahead. No Shootin' Shells or Stickum Caps though, dang it!

Got no desire to acquire anyone else's old toys.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I remember toy soldiers, cap pistols, marbles, but mostly my magnifying glass. Hell...I need to get another one.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Our BB guns were our most treasured possessions.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Still have my 60 model John Deere pedal tractor.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've got an old black and white of me in 1959, riding a tricycle. Would love to have that thing, it probably has enough steel in it to build two modern cars.......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
An electric train and a set of American logs.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My childhood era was the late 60's to about 75. For me it was Erector sets, Lincoln logs, and Lego's. It faded pretty quick though when I was old enough to be hunting or fishing by my self. Money was always very tight, and I fished, hunted and trapped pretty much non stop when not in school. There were 5 mouths to feed in our house and Dad was always working, or tending his garden, so it fell on me and my brother to do whatever we could in the way of putting some meat on the table, or money in the budget from our trapline to help the family out. When I played football, it was especially tough, as I'd have to immediately leave practice to go run the trapline. I think I probably was running on about 5 hours sleep a day.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You look at all of the high tech video games they have these days. When I was a kid, a buddy of mine went high tech and had Pong.

Ronald Reagan
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Redneck
I still recall that I had one of the original Erector Sets.. Man, the things one could put together with that item was nearly limitless...

Likewise. My brother and I had one that even had an electric motor so we could power our creations.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by stxhunter
still got my marbles somewhere.

I lost all my marbles.......

Years ago.

wink

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Had this to play with back in the 1950's and 1960's. Was in my dad's truck shop. After he passed I brought it from the Georgia Coast way out to where I live now in Washington State, also on the salt water. Still use it! It is a 9x24 South Bend made prior to World War I. A nice companion to my larger lathes.

Other kids played with Lincoln Logs, I made chips!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Cabriolet; 09/11/18.

Survivor of the 13th Original Colony, I escaped on December 17, 1968.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember saving my money until I had enough to buy a balsa wood airplane, about 25 cents.

The one that had a rubber band that you wound up to make it fly.

I taped two firecrackers under the front wings, wound it up, lit the fuse and let it go!

What a spectacular sight for a young kid!

Balsa wood all over the sky!

Looked like the Navy just shot down a Jap Zero. (Grin!)

FUN times!

Virgil B.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fondly remember the silver, single action revolver cap gun that took the roll caps. I think of it every time I pick up my 4 & 5/8" stainless Ruger Blackhawk in .357. In the late 1950's - early '60's I fell in love with German Lugers and even had a couple of Luger squirt guns. Wish I had at least one of 'em now. It would look cool next to the 1916 Erfurt Luger that one of my late uncles brought home from Germany in 1945 after he helped Uncle Sam clean out Germany's V-2 rocket factory. At about age 10 I think my dad was finally convinced to let me get a BB gun; until my mom heard about it and that whole idea got put on a back burner. In the early 60's when you could still buy rifles through the mail, my friends & I saw an ad for ( IIRC); old South American Mausers (?) in .30-06 that were going for about $9. 95 or $12.95 or so. We wanted to pool our money and get one except we couldn't find someone to receive it for us and we couldn't have it sent to any of our parents address's.

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Got a bow and arrow set for Christmas. My buddy and I hunted intensely with it for several years. Also had a pair of pants with the pocket bottom cut out. Lol Ed k

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had hundreds of those plastic soldiers, including tanks and artillery as a lad. Had many epic battles with them.
Most of them ended up casualties to .22 LR later on.
I had tons of Hot Wheels too. Mom used to get me one or two every week when she went grocery shopping.
I didn't test any ballistics on them. A great big box of them went to my nieces and nephews. Unfortunately, they ended up buried in the sandbox or run over by the lawnmower.
As a teenager, I had the best toys of anybody! Real live running cars in Dad's auto salvage! My brother and I re-enacted many of Burt Reynolds car chases.
Between the cars and the guns and hunting, I wouldn't swap childhoods with any prince!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Estes rockets.

Whenever we had one that was screwed up and wouldn't fly right, we'd fill them up with black powder and glue the nose cone on. If our parents knew we were building flying bombs, they wouldn't have been too happy.

Ronald Reagan
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Always wanted one, never got it.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by k20350
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by DMc
Violence toys...
Cork popgun
Plastic Swords
Sticks
Robin Hood staff
Army soldiers
Tonka Trucks
Football
Baseball
Volleyball
Putter & later golf clubs
Bow & Arrows
Snorkel
8mm film camera..
Etc.

The little plastic army soldiers came out when I was older.....maybe seven or eight..grin
I would stage battles between the Germans and Americans in the grass and then run the push/reel mower through it and see who survived. To this day my sister reminds me that she thought that was disturbing behavior.

My One grandpa had the plastic army soldiers AND a cannon that shot big plastic shells. Be demonized today haha. Used to set the germans up and let fly with the polymer artillery. Was completely not safe and I'm sure more than one kid is blind in one eye because of those cannons but ai had a hell of a time with it.

I've got my toy cannon that fires the plastic projectile. It's about 3 feet long. I had forgotten about it but found it in my Parents attic while helping them get ready for their auction.
I've also got my Dad's toy truck that his Dad made for him... my Dad was born in 1920 so it's really old... looks like a Model T with a little dump bed.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 64 invisible), 2,947 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,355
Posts18,488,003
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.