Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The unions need to be destroyed.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by stevelyn

I have no problems with Unions. it is those that run them I have issue with.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by stevelyn

I have no problems with Unions. it is those that run them I have issue with.

+1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Why anyone, anyone, would like someone between themselves and their pay check they sweated for is beyond me.
The definition of fraud? Public Employee Unions.
It's our money, they take it for themselves now, have our children pay it back 10 times over.
Tell me please, how can a structure that does zero to pay the best workers most, while simultaneously protecting those with the least talent through retirement work successfully. Doesn't exist.
How can a assembly line of workers unhappy with current pay, shut down a Company someone else's risk,sweat and time built be legal. I happily walk a mile further and pay more to buy non Union made product.
Safe to say I for one wish they were ruled illegal.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sharecropper
Why anyone, anyone, would like someone between themselves and their pay check they sweated for is beyond me.
It's our money, they take it for themselves now, have our children pay it back 10 times over.
Tell me please, how can a structure that does zero to pay the best workers most, while simultaneously protecting those with the least talent through retirement work successfully. Doesn't exist.
How can a assembly line of workers unhappy with current pay, shut down a Company someone else's risk,sweat and time built be legal. I happily walk a mile further and pay more to buy non Union made product.

Especially when they can hire professional negotiators for cents on the dollar.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharecropper

Yes sir..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Unions are legalized extortion, extortion against both the employees and the employers.

Pay me $XX a month or you cannot work here.

Pay my members $XX or we will shut your business down.

No different than a Wiseguy demanding shop owners pay him “protection” money or suffer the consequences.

Unions were started by organized crime, are still run by organized crime and are protected by politicians (Democrats) that accept their blood money.

The worst is Law Enforcement Officers paying Organized Crime to negotiate their contract and “protect” them.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They were useful and needed once upon a time but they’ve long outlived their usefulness (for the most part).

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find it telling that so many long for the "good old days of the 1950s, and in the next breath decry the existence of organized labor.

Some are too young to remember that in America's glory years our durable goods were 60% union manufactured. Others are simply too ignorant or agenda bent.

Anyone can see the problem with govt employee unions and the disastrous contracts that they negotiated with the govts that employ them.
Government employee, government payroll, government union. What could go wrong?

On the other hand, private business and the business of private employees is and should be market driven.

The fact that we are down to about 8% union employment in durable goods manufacturing is partly due to imported goods which are price supported by offshore governments. The tariffs initiated against this practice is the real news, and the good news today.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
I find it telling that so many long for the "good old days of the 1950s, and in the next breath decry the existence of organized labor.

Some are too young to remember that in America's glory years our durable goods were 60% union manufactured. Others are simply too ignorant or agenda bent.

Anyone can see the problem with govt employee unions and the disastrous contracts that they negotiated with the govts that employ them.

On the other hand, private business and the business of private employees is and should be market driven.

The fact that we are down to about 8% union employment in durable goods manufacturing is partly due to imported goods which are price supported by offshore governments. The tariffs initiated against this practice is the real news, and the good news today.

John,
When you see people make blanket condemnations on a topic as multiple faceted as unions,
they are making a statement on on their intelligence.

Marge Scott once made the comment that "in the beginning, Hitler did a lot of good things".
The goofy old hag was right. He improved his countries infrastructure, and industry. We know
what his goals were, and how it played. But, he did do a little good.

Unions came into being because the steel and coal industries (frequently combined here) were making
Kings, on the backs and blood of workers that they managed to entrap in a servitude situation.
Only by bonding together, with appointed spokesman, we're these men able to ask for improvements.

I have worked more non-union jobs than union.
If management was fair, in everyway, non-union would undoubtedly be best.
But I have never worked for a company that wanted to give me their money.
Labor is a commodity, and a smart person tries to get the best deal.
No college, just a reasonably intelligent, hard worker, in an economically depressed area,
these personal negotiations people talk about are a joke.
Sure, I have been able to get raises, and to go up the pay scale for that business.
But when I was hauling gasoline in 2005 for $12/hr, I wasn't going to negotiate a 60% raise.

Yep, I chose where I lived.
Nope, that wasn't a "great" job. (I had been RIF'd, and this was the first/best thing I found)

Now, there's a factory job. Union.
Lot of problems with that union.
I hate what the national does with my money.

But even after I pay my $8/wk dues, there isn't a factory around that compensates the workers as well.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Unions came into being because the steel and coal industries (frequently combined here) were making
Kings, on the backs and blood of workers that they managed to entrap in a servitude situation.
Only by bonding together, with appointed spokesman, we're these men able to ask for improvements.

History is what it is, but that situation should have been handled legislatively through laws similar to anti-monopoly laws.

In the end, the market did about as much to end these practices as the unions.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

John,
When you see people make blanket condemnations on a topic as multiple faceted as unions,
they are making a statement on on their intelligence.

Marge Scott once made the comment that "in the beginning, Hitler did a lot of good things".
The goofy old hag was right. He improved his countries infrastructure, and industry. We know
what his goals were, and how it played. But, he did do a little good.

I have worked more non-union jobs than union.
If management was fair, in everyway, non-union would undoubtedly be best.
But I have never worked for a company that wanted to give me their money.
Labor is a commodity, and a smart person tries to get the best deal.
No college, just a reasonably intelligent, hard worker, in an economically depressed area,
these personal negotiations people talk about are a joke.
Sure, I have been able to get raises, and to go up the pay scale for that business.
But when I was hauling gasoline in 2005 for $12/hr, I wasn't going to negotiate a 60% raise.

Yep, I chose where I lived.
Nope, that wasn't a "great" job. (I had been RIF'd, and this was the first/best thing I found)

Now, there's a factory job. Union.
Lot of problems with that union.
I hate what the national does with my money.

But even after I pay my $8/wk dues, there isn't a factory around that compensates the workers as well.
I've been trying to tell these old bonehead azzholes on here that for years but they're bonehead's and can't get the picture. The ONLY factory/blue collar jobs around here that pay a decent living wage are all union.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Unions are part of a balance of power. When it gets out of balance in either direction it is bad.

Unions were the only solution to the appalling labor abuses of the 19th century. They were needed to offset the monopoly of capital. But when some unions became too powerful by the 1960s their abuse of their monopoly of labor drove many American industries into the ground. So I think they are like medicine, you need some but too much will kill you.

The worst abuse of the monopoly of labor by unions is the public sector unions. Abusive private sector unions can be countered by moving production to another area or another producer but public sector employers are tied to one location, one producer. You can't move your local grade school to Kentucky of let it go bankrupt and be replaced by a different school, the teachers unions have absolute power over their employers and abuse their monopoly to pick everyone else's pockets.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

After working under UAW representation for 20 out of 23+ years, the impression I came away with, based on what I experienced with just that particular labor union, is their 'bread and butter', therefore their primary focus, are the 'Big Three' U.S. auto makers.

The smaller the workforce at a UAW represented company, the less time, money and true quality representation they are willing to commit. They're useful but only as long they don't challenge the UAW hierarchy and keep a steady flow of dues dollars going into the UAW coffers necessary to support the 'Big Three'.

Few UAW represented work forces ever get contracts allowing for wages, benefits and contract language/protections, anywhere even near, let alone equal to that of the 'Big Three'.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Most how long for the days of American manufacturing dominance are completely ignorant of the root cause of that dominance. It was World War II.

By the end of the war, the manufacturing capacity of every country was gutted, save the United State. By the end of the war, around 80% of the worlds manufacturing capacity was in the one major industrial powers who's homeland remained untouched by the war. Unions had nothing to do with this greatness, and precipitated the decline, by pricing American good's out of a world market place, intensifying the manufacturing flight from America.

Capitalism abhors corruption, and the current American Unions are corrupt to their core.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well I just realized, thanks to this thread, that I have been working union for 39 years now, amazing, I’m getting old.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ole Milton often defended Unions....or maybe cut them some slack.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
IME (on all 3 sides of the union issue) the locals are useful and well run. The state and national level (depending) is where things go wrong quickly and badly.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

285 members (160user, 12344mag, 21, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 31 invisible), 1,743 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,468
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.