"Like!"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good to see the top is still wound up tight!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Ringman

This is a result of pure brain washing for at least a dozen years of government schooling.

Well, yeah. But it does beat the hell out of only three.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Uneducated people often claim we have not observed evolution. In fact we have. We have observed small variations. Large variations require millions of years, so the way to observe evolution is to note the differences and progression of fossils in rocks of different ages. We can age many rocks by radio isotope measurements.

Too many assumptions when "dating" rocks. You have to assume there was no daughter product at the beginning. You have to assume there was no parent or daughter product leached out. You have to assume there has been no parent or daughter product contamination in the subject material for the millions of years prior to testing it.

I recently read about a rock picked up at the bottom of Grand Canyon. It was broken into different parts. Different dating methods by different laboratories came up with dates that varied over a billion years for the samples from the same rock.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by meddybemps
Evolution is the way God did it.

According to Genesis, God assigned the job to nature. It says that God commanded that the waters and the earth bring forth all the living creatures, and they did. That's what science says happened, too.

That is not quite right on either account at least as I see it. The next verse in the narrative after the one you are sorta quoting clearly states that God created the critters and told them to multiply AFTER THEIR KIND. The words "after their kind" is repeated several times. You have already stated that you believe that leaves the door open for the evolution theory because "after millions of years" of a species breeding after its kind it can develop into another species. That is fine if you choose to believe that but it can't be proven. It also cannot be disproven.

Evolution is theory not science. Science is about what can be observed, tested and repeated. We can argue for months about the boiling point of water. I can say its 80 degrees. You can say its 212. Neither of us will know until we get a container of water, a thermometer, and a heat source. Then it will be proven to be 212 and not 80 no matter how many times the experiment is repeated. Case closed. That is science.

Conversely, no one has observed nor documented evolution. A metric crap ton of theory and conjecture and a few out right lies have been put out to sell and support it. The simple fact is that no one has ever seen life reproduce except after its kind. Closest thing I can think of that comes close to violating this principle is interspecies hybrids. Man can under controlled circumstances create these. We can breed horses and donkeys and get a mule which is a really neat animal but almost all of them are sterile. I think also a similar situation exists with lions and tigers. Actual science can explain why this happens.....IIRC these similar animals have different numbers of chromosomes and that is why their offspring is not able to reproduce. Hmmmmmm?

Anyway lets get down to the nitty gritty. What is my beef? Well first of all it does not threaten my faith in the least. If it is ever proven to my satisfaction and taken from theory to fact, the obvious fall back position is "that's the way God did it"......which is what most "rational free thinkers" who have a problem with the hurricane in a junkyard creating a shiny new 2018 F-150 aspect of it, or perhaps are afraid of going to hell resort to. Belief in an infinite supreme being gives one a lot of mental latitude. Big bang? No problem, the big banger did it. Life developing over "millions of years".....no problem, the big guy was just taking his time.

So what IS the problem. The problem is that I can't help but notice that the theory of evolution started about the same time very likely by the same group of 19th century intellectuals that thought Marxism was a great idea. They sold it with lies about a pig tooth and a monkey skull put together with glue. I was taught about Nebraska man and Piltdown man as a child in the public screwel system. I was a grown man before I learned that they were hoaxes which really pissed me off. These great "discoveries" were printed on the front pages of all the papers of their times and put in all the school books. When the truth was discovered, it may have been noised about in academia but the papers put it in a one paragraph retraction on section d3 by the classifieds, and NatGeo sure as heck didn't do a special about it like they did when it first came out. Exactly like "fake news" today. It does not matter. Regular rank and file people do not keep up with this crap. A generation of kids believe in evolution based on the lies they were taught, have abandoned faith, and are open to Marxism which was the goal in the first place.

The same playbook is continued. Every so often a :"scientist" or "archaeologist" will show up in the news with a bone he found somewhere. He will tell you what he believes about it and very likely draw some pictures of some kind of human like critter that no one has ever or will ever see and explain how it fits into the big picture. Thus the concept is propagated without any actual proof. More theory which serves the purpose of keeping the idea in people's mind.....that is presented as fact. Rank and file people will read the article, say ain't that neat and forget about it, but they will believe, in a superficial way, in evolution. In other words, the customer base is maintained by continued sales.

If these clowns left it in the realm of theory it would be one thing and I would say nary a thing. But they present it as fact and get real pissy about it if you ask questions. Those of you who think "evolution is how God did it"......go ahead and share that with one of them. They will mock and ridicule you, even though their theory is no more provable or scientific than the creation narrative or the ancient alien theory......Gus, that is your cue buddy! laugh
You MUST believe their narrative, or else you get the ridicule business which is straight out of the Alinsky playbook. The possibility of a supreme being is not allowed because that throws a big ole monkey wrench in the agenda which is acceptance of an all powerful state.

What I find fascinating is that 99 percent of the folks on this board hate a damn commie. Flat out to the point of taking up arms. You want to keep your guns most of all, but also your money, freedom and constitutional republic. Yet some of the most stalwart of you will kneel and take the sacrament of their religion which is evolution as fact. What is the goal of the commies? Destruction of the old order, the culture of Western Civilization by any means. Religion, specifically the Christian religion, WAS a big part of that. Evolution has been the big weapon they have used to destroy that part of it.

Long post I know but I just want to make the point that all skepticism of evolution is not based on solely "being an evangelical" that no one can talk to but in my case moreso the people who are selling it and how they are selling it.

Bravo

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The answer to this is very simple, all living thing do evolve, Animals mostly but evolution doesn’t explain creation. Man was created by God and that’s just the truth.
If man truly exist, evolving from apes, then they are gonna be middle men today.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
If we are products of evolution-- why don't we have that extra hand we always seem to need?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There was a time when I regularly debated the facts supporting evolution and the theory of evolution with creationists. I eventually stopped when I realized that no matter how much evidence they hear, they will not change their minds, and that's ok with me. Believe whatever you want.

When someone asks me if I believe in evolution, I tell them "No, I don't believe in evolution at all, I'm convinced of evolution and the theory of evolution due to the vast amount of evidence that supports it. Science has nothing to do with "believing" this or that."

My belief in God is not based on science, and likely never will be. God is something you choose to believe in, or not. If you think you have scientific evidence for God, and that is something you base your faith upon, I have bad news for you.

I see here, years later, that the same straw man arguments and red herrings are put forth. Creationists tend not to argue against the actual evidence of evolution and the theory of evolution, but rather things they make up that neither actually state.

And not to change the subject, yet in a similar vein, I don't "believe" in anthropogenic global warming for the exact same reasons, and the evidence I've studied for that idea is not convincing. In fact, every single person I've talked to that believes in anthropogenic global warming, does so without any clear understanding of the evidence. They "believe", but they're not convinced by evidence. I've yet to talk with someone that can put forth the idea with evidence that also explains the facts that we know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Thegman
There was a time when I regularly debated the facts supporting evolution and the theory of evolution with creationists. I eventually stopped when I realized that no matter how much evidence they hear, they will not change their minds, and that's ok with me. Believe whatever you want.

When someone asks me if I believe in evolution, I tell them "No, I don't believe in evolution at all, I'm convinced of evolution and the theory of evolution due to the vast amount of evidence that supports it. Science has nothing to do with "believing" this or that."

My belief in God is not based on science, and likely never will be. God is something you choose to believe in, or not. If you think you have scientific evidence for God, and that is something you base your faith upon, I have bad news for you.

I see here, years later, that the same straw man arguments and red herrings are put forth. Creationists tend not to argue against the actual evidence of evolution and the theory of evolution, but rather things they make up that neither actually state.

And not to change the subject, yet in a similar vein, I don't "believe" in anthropogenic global warming for the exact same reasons, and the evidence I've studied for that idea is not convincing. In fact, every single person I've talked to that believes in anthropogenic global warming, does so without any clear understanding of the evidence. They "believe", but they're not convinced by evidence. I've yet to talk with someone that can put forth the idea with evidence that also explains the facts that we know.

You seem to forget creationists and evolutionists have the same data. It's a mater of interpretation. Therefore I can say, "No matter how much evidence you get, you won't change your mind."

Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TBREW401
If we are products of evolution-- why don't we have that extra hand we always seem to need?

You mean like the extra fingers common among some of the Basque people?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The next version. Always features to add marketing will tell you, ask any designer. Personally I think a prehensile tail would come in handy.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Uneducated people often claim we have not observed evolution. In fact we have. We have observed small variations. Large variations require millions of years, so the way to observe evolution is to note the differences and progression of fossils in rocks of different ages. We can age many rocks by radio isotope measurements.

Too many assumptions when "dating" rocks. You have to assume there was no daughter product at the beginning. You have to assume there was no parent or daughter product leached out. You have to assume there has been no parent or daughter product contamination in the subject material for the millions of years prior to testing it.

I recently read about a rock picked up at the bottom of Grand Canyon. It was broken into different parts. Different dating methods by different laboratories came up with dates that varied over a billion years for the samples from the same rock.

You need to read more on geochronology.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Ringman, I'd like to ask if you have ever considered how many people you have turned away from Christianity from the ridiculous crap you post on here about Creationism? How dare you presume that you have all the answers about how God created? Do you not realize that the stuff you parrot from pseudo-scientists, with no real training, give the impression to many that all Christians are morons?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You seem to forget creationists and evolutionists have the same data. It's a mater of interpretation. Therefore I can say, "No matter how much evidence you get, you won't change your mind."

I don't forget that in the least. But, as is evident on this thread, creationists don't use evidence as it stands, but rather come up with straw man arguments and tear those down, stating, "see, evolution is not true", even though anyone that understands the theory of evolution would not have suggested the argument in the first place.

It's like me arguing that my bicycle doesn't do a particular thing (which may or may not be true) in order to try to prove that your car can't do the same thing. I know that sounds ridiculous, but is closely analogous to the arguments creationists present.

Oh, and to be more analogous, I would spend a great deal of time arguing that my bicycle actually -is- your car...

Last edited by Thegman; 09/17/18.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It’s one thing to look at the evidence. It’s another thing to understand it.

And if you have already decided to not believe it before you even look at it then, well... I guess you’re just smarter. That’s what intelligent people do. They first decide what’s what, then focus on rejecting any bull crap someone else might present to the contrary. Like scientists or whatever. Idiots.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Haha classic. Complete with y’alls “middle-men.”

Evolution is poorly understood;)

"Like!"

Haha yeah. That cartoon tranny makes some excellent and hilarious points about evolution. And how most of its opponents have both a complete lack of understanding of it and an unreasonable vendetta against it. Classic.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I really wasn't trying to get into the religion thing. I'm good with God making me from a tadpole. Just pondering why Uncle Apeman didn't make it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Just pondering why Uncle Apeman didn't make it.

lol,....Pretty sure he did....

Ace

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Just pondering why Uncle Apeman didn't make it.

lol,....Pretty sure he did....

Ace

Yeah...I'm thinking they're not going too crazy with those DNA tests.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Many who accept the discoveries of modern science are also believers, and see no contradiction between evolution and a creator God.

Ancient civilisations used their primitive creative imaginations to produce Gods that to them existed beyond the bounds of earth
in the vast unknown heavens of space.

Science has since extended the old boundary between the known and unknown.

People also once followed Jesus when he turned water into wine, until they hit a town or village with a 24 hr inn.

.. A "Creationist" is someone who believes that each animal kind (or that of any living creature) was created from scratch by a sort of conjuring action on the part of God, ..
... Genesis does not demand this interpretation in the least, although a pre-scientific primitive reading it might well take that meaning from it.

Some folk find it too challenging to develop or expand their minds beyond enchanted tale interpretations.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1minute, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,663
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.