Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Dess

We could see both banks of the river and figured if she sank, I at least had a chance to make the shoreline.

One nice thing about my Mississippi River cruise is that, if the boat sinks, you just walk up to the 3rd or 4th deck and wait. The river is shallower than that.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by gregintenn
4000 drunks stuck on a boat together isn't my idea of a good time. I've been on two. I'll not go on another.
You must have been on short Caribbean/Mexico cruises. Real cruises that go to interesting places are totally different. People go on the Caribbean/Mexico cruises to party. They go on other cruises to see and experience other cultures.

Only cruise I've been on was a Viking River cruise on the Rhine River. Germany, France, and the Netherlands. ABout 200 people on the boat and good food but river cruises are not about partying or the amenities on the boat, they're all about getting off the boat to see the sights in a different city (or two) every day. I'd go again.

The nice thing about European river cruises is that they all have only 200 or fewer people on the boat. That's because the boats must fit through locks.

One of my favorites was a combination trip where we flew to Zurich, stayed in Lake Lucerne for two days, went up the Matterhorn, took a short bus trip to Lake Geneva, and then up the Rhine via boat for several days ending in Amsterdam.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Several years ago we did a 7 day Disney cruise. It was a blast, very relaxing, great food, excellent service and entertainment and the ship was impeccably clean. I’d definitely go on another Disney cruise in a heartbeat.

I’ve been on one Carnival Cruise and wouldn’t go again with them.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
Originally Posted by KFWA
take a Wal-Mart -, dump the people in it into a Golden Corral and float it

That is Carnival Cruise Lines

There is no reason to continue this thread, you just nailed it better then anyone possibly could [/thread]

So any kind of cruise is officially evil on the Campfire huh? You guys are amazing. When I go, I'll be sure to take a .270 and carry hot with no Leupold on it.

I guess, much like the Disney parks, they have cruises that cater to the 270 crowd, I avoid those..............

smile

Last edited by muffin; 09/15/18.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

There is no reason to continue this thread, you just nailed it better then anyone possibly could [/thread]

So any kind of cruise is officially evil on the Campfire huh? You guys are amazing. When I go, I'll be sure to take a .270 and carry hot with no Leupold on it.

no, I'm certain there are very good cruises and cruise lines.

My experiences (more than one) is Carnival is not one of them

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm retired Navy, does that count? LOL

-=[Bob]=-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We went on a Princess cruise Alaska to Vancouver five years ago, had a great time, no problems at all.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bald1
I'm retired Navy, does that count? LOL

Sort of.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I went in a Navy Tiger cruise. I have a real appreciation for the sacrifices or men and make to defend our country. I rode the Peleliu from Hawaii to San Diego.

Last edited by hanco; 09/15/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not me personally, but we saw lots of those big Alaskan cruise ships in Homer when we were up there and I felt a little sorry for those people all coming off those ships like a cattle car. We were out fishing every day limiting out on salmon and halibut and those cruise ship people could only watch and buy a few trinkets in town. We have friends that fly lots of places and take advantage of the reduced fare re-positioning cruises coming back into the states. The guy was an exec with Verizon and has millions of frequent flyer miles that they use now that they are retired.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Cruise is to structured for me
get me some place that I can do as much or as little as I like and when I like

I do that every day...........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wife and I have been on several: Caribbean, Alaska (Land & Sea -DO IT), Mediterranean. All were good.

European River Cruise is next. We alternate, one year hunt somewhere, next year something else.

Cruise line matters, we like RC, don't like Norwegian. Alaska we were on Celebrity and it was great.

Eastern Med/Greek Islands was awesome, Alaska was awesome.

Alaska land & Sea we flew into Anchorage, bused up into Denali, bused down to Homer and cruised to Vancouver.

Last edited by Bob_H_in_NH; 09/17/18.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The wife and I enjoyed a guided combination tour and cruise to Alaska back in 2000. Tour had about 20 people and a guide that stayed with us 24-7 didn't have to worry about bags or transfers or worry about missing a departure. We knew that the cruise would have non-stop eats, so saved that 8 day's for last.. the first 8 days was land tour with 2 or 3 day holdovers in various places travel being by rail and bus. Guide we had was a beautiful girl in her late 20's that stayed with us from when we first landed in Seattle going until we finished our return by cruise ship, the whole thing was so well planed I gave her a $700 tip when we parted.

Always wanted to take her back to Germany doing the same thing with a Rhine river cruise but didn't make it. Last time I was there eating out at some of the gasthauses atop the cliffs overlooking the river was fantastic!

Phil

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Just got back home from my 1st cruise.
Was my parents 50th, had a lot of fun with family, there was 15 of us.
Went to Labadee Haiti, Falmouth Jamaica, and Cozumel Mexico
While it was fun I wish we could’ve stayed at certain places a little longer.
I wouldn’t go on another cruise most likely but unless all my family was doing it and it was a special occasion.
We went Royal Caribbean (Oasis of the seas) and they treated us like Royalty.
I’d give them a big thumbs up.
Oh yeah....Labadee Haiti was our most favorite place, didn’t care much for Falmouth Jamaica wasnt as pretty.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Only with the US Navy.

I couldn't imagine what a nightmare it would be on one of these big commercial floating buffets packed with feedlot animals, cheap drink, and an unreliable plumbing system.

My thoughts exactly. I've already seen the world . . . not interested in a modern day cruise ship.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
...I couldn't imagine what a nightmare it would be...

My thoughts exactly...

No experience...no imagination...pity.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have taken one and didn’t really care for it at all.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep - my wife got us a cruise this summer on Carnival - first time for me and I HATED every second of it.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Alaska.

Not only those but I have owned a cottage on an island that could only be reached by boat on Cedar Island on the CT coast line! Then we got larger boats and cruised the New England Coast line from Ct to Nantucket etc.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Cruises are a great way to take a vacation. My wife and I went on an Alaskan cruise in 2012 and thought it was fantastic. We liked it so much that we did it again in 2017. As someone said in an earlier post the crew treats you like royalty. First time we flew to Vancouver sailed north to Whittier then did a land tour to Denali and flew home from Fairbanks. In 2017 we flew to Anchorage, did the land tour to Denali then took the bus to the Copper River Lodge then down to Valdez and a catamaran over to Whittier. Having done it both ways I prefer flying to Alaska doing a land tour then sailing south to Vancouver. We have also done 2 caribbean cruises which I did not care for as much but it wasn't because of the cruise ships. We did Princess on both Alaska cruises and they were great.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (1beaver_shooter, 1shotnokilz, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 160user, 1234, 74 invisible), 3,576 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,365
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.