Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bristoe
But honestly,..I have no fellings about Flave one way or another. He's just Flave.

Clearly.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Like it or not, things change. I graduated in 1980. Dad was a carpenter by trade, and while he was an excellent tradesman, work wasn't always good. We lived outside of Youngstown, Ohio, and the steel industry down there was on it's last legs as mills closed up one after another. If I wanted money for anything, I had to earn it on my own, as Mom and Dad struggled just to keep the bills paid and food on the table. From the time I was 10 years old I worked to earn money for my self and to help the family. We raked leaves, shoveled snow, and did whatever else we could scrape up through the neighbors. I ran a trap line, even at that young age. My brother would set the traps at home, as I wasn't strong enough to set a 110 Connibear, or a 1 1/2 longspring yet. He'd wire the jaws open and once I had the trap set, I'd cut the wires. We were doing stuff to earn money all the time, and if we weren't doing that we were hunting or fishing to put meat on the table. While the other kids were out running around having fun, I was filleting crappies, or skinning squirrels. We used to save up our squirrel tails and sell them to Mepps every couple years.

I don't know that many kids come up this way any more. When you are doing this mainly for the good of the whole family, it takes on a different kind of significance. We never had much, but we never went hungry, and Mom and Dad always managed to make the house payment. I well remember the mortgage burning. That was a big day for Mom and Dad.

Nowadays, its seems like all the kids focus on is their "need" to have the latest cell phone or gaming system. My how times have changed.

I'd like to know how somebody incapable of setting a 110 conibear could run a fuggin' trapline.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by northern_dave
A couple of observations.

First off, this place is full of angry [bleep] that feel the need to be right or first or better or poorer, more noble, most patriotic, more America, more apple pie on the farm with a cane pole and no shoes or what ever.

Sit here and discuss how things aint worth a chit these days because iphones and what ever else. The landscape changes, technology, trends, politics, methods, architecture, it all evolves around us as it has since the good ole days back in the cave before "fire" came along.

It's really simple, we are in control. We mold our youth, we all have our respective responsibilities, our own individual opportunities to adapt to our evolving surroundings and provide leadership. Engage, do not simply observe and post about how bad things are "these days" on the campfire. Engage and contribute to what ever activities and adventures that will shape these current childhoods. Values, respect, work ethic, etc. Inspire someone, fuel the youthful enthusiasm.

Or, observe and bitch about it on the internet.

"you aint real country" "oh yeah? well I was poorer" "yeah? well I raked leaves"

[bleep].

Couldn't agree more. My wife works hard for all our cash and I'm proud of her for doing so.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Maybe a teen is insecure,...maybe even into their early 20's. But a 62 year old man doesn't give enough of a chit about what anybody thinks to even ponder his personal emotional security.

Clearly.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The floor will now be silent as Flave engages in another round of his own special variant of babblin'.

Quite please.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

First off, this place is full of angry [bleep] that feel the need to be right or first or better or poorer, more noble, most patriotic, more America, more apple pie on the farm with a cane pole and no shoes or what ever.

Sit here and discuss how things aint worth a chit these days because iphones and what ever else. The landscape changes, technology, trends, politics, methods, architecture, it all evolves around us as it has since the good ole days back in the cave before "fire" came along.

It's really simple, we are in control. We mold our youth, we all have our respective responsibilities, our own individual opportunities to adapt to our evolving surroundings and provide leadership. Engage, do not simply observe and post about how bad things are "these days" on the campfire. Engage and contribute to what ever activities and adventures that will shape these current childhoods. Values, respect, work ethic, etc. Inspire someone, fuel the youthful enthusiasm.

"you aint real country" "oh yeah? well I was poorer" "yeah? well I raked leaves"

[bleep].

Well worth quoting. The only thing you left out is that some of angry old men are crazy. Like an old man one minute, a little girl the next creepy crazy.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My interstate pizza is better than your interstate pizza

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Like I said earlier....my kids are being raised just like I was.

Its my responsibility. Not some stupid shcool board or "village".

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
My interstate pizza is better than your interstate pizza

Maybe so,.....but my interstate pizza place has a better bar than yours,....drunk ass truck drivers from one wall to the other.

You've got to shake hands and holler out MAGA 14 times to get to the carry out station.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Not some stupid shcool board or "village".

I hope they're not going to the same one that you did.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The floor will now be silent as Flave engages in another round of his own special variant of babblin'.

Quite please.

Mmmn?

pot calling kettle black? grin

Geno

PS, for 'flave. I have about 7 acres, surrounded by public land (sure to piss a few here off) quite a ways outside "town", and somehow a couple of years back the county found funds to pave our road. Am I "country"?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
lol,...you got me,..

"Quiet"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not to change the subject, but, Flave? Have you seen any Pheasant down here?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
lol,...you got me,..

"Quiet"

9 posts in the last hour, yet other people are babbling. Your insecurities are showing along w/ your azz.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Quite please.

Mmmn?

pot calling kettle black? grin

Geno

PS, for 'flave. I have about 7 acres, surrounded by public land (sure to piss a few here off) quite a ways outside "town", and somehow a couple of years back the county found funds to pave our road. Am I "country"?

MENSES candidates do their best to keep that nose high in the sky. Typically.

I don't know if you're country or not. Can you do country schit for 30 days without asking for advice on 30 different fugkin' subjects?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Insecurity or its opposite doesn't figure into it. It's been a long time since I gave a fug about being insecure

Did you mean other than that time your neighbors "No Fishing" sign had you all worked up so you needed a thread about it?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by fubarguy
Not to change the subject, but, Flave? Have you seen any Pheasant down here?

You misspelled COCK!

And no, I have not. But I think I have gator season figured out for next year and I think I got a good place to keep a boat nailed down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarkio

[bleep].

DITTO

Especially the part about how this place is overrun with guys that are really pretty damn miserable and are looking for an outlet to spew that misery. Whether it be one-upmanship or tearing down another guy to make themselves feel better.

And getting more common every day.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Maybe it's just me[or the WWW] but I sure as hell don't remember all of the pissin matches while growing up.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

I don't know if you're country or not. Can you do country schit for 30 days without asking for advice on 30 different fugkin' subjects?

Travis,

I have learned not to ask for much advice here................I just wait a few days and my questions will be answered.

It seems every week we get a new set of the same questions/answers.

As a matter of fact my chainsaw question was just answered this morning......................by slumlord of all people

Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Lotsa work everywhere for a good Stihl repairmen, not so much for Husky service techs.

LOL

Dad runs huskies
I run Stihls

It can be tense during Thanksgiving

Cool,

I was just looking through some fall ads at the "home improvement" places and saw decent prices for Stihl and Husky saws.

I was gonna ask the 'fire collective brain which might work the best.

Thanks to you, slumlord, I now have no reason to ask. wink

The answer is right there above in bold black and white! crazy

Geno

Geno

PS, you're wife might be the breadwinner in your family, but I think from certain "clues" in some of your posts I might just be possible to figure out you might be employed also.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 16gage, 56 invisible), 2,962 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,969
Posts18,519,631
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.