Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I had to buy 3 of the new style gas cans that don't have the vent hole. What conversion kit do you guys use? I saw EZ Pour 10050 Replacement Spout Kit on Amazon. Is that what I need? Thanks

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Save your money

Just gut the springs and flappy thing out of the existing spout

I took a needle nose set of pliers and went to work on them

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Funnel

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
10-4

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
No vent hole, but I REALLY like these for the money. They are well made and the funnel can be used attached for lawn mower and other power tools. You must remove it to pour gas into a vehicle. But they work very well. Lowes building supply is the only place I've found them locally. I bought the 1st one there and liked it well enough to order 2 more from Amazon. Picked up another for $10 at an estate sale.

https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-UI-50-...92&sr=8-2&keywords=eagle+gas+can

There is no funky safety device, just a spring loaded cap that is easily held open by the handle when in use.

Last edited by JMR40; 09/17/18.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I drilled some out and made a vent hole...bought some little thingmajiggers that pop in and have a cap. Some cans they work great, but others they cause too much flow through the nonsense and don't very well. The NO SPILL gas cans work good, but they're not giving those away. Trump should mandate all gas cans go back to the simple variety and I'm sure he'd even swing some libtards over. Go the extra mile and get rid of all ethanol gas while he's at it. The masses would cheer.

You can ad your own vents with things like these, but like I said, has mixed results depending on the can.

https://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Blitz...p;sr=8-20&keywords=gas+can+vent+caps

Last edited by RedAstrachan; 09/17/18.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I gut them[as above], then drill/tap a small hole on upper at back and use a drywall screw there.

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I use tire valve stems and caps for vents

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Try these, available on this site or others. I bought a set of 4 20 L (5 gal) , and also 2 10L (2.5 gal) , and 2 5L (1 gal) ones along with spouts and gaskets and couldn't be happier. Likely I'll never have to buy another gas can.............especially cheap s**t plastic ones.

https://deutscheoptik.com/5-liter-jerry-can.html

Good luck,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I had to buy 3 of the new style gas cans that don't have the vent hole. What conversion kit do you guys use? I saw EZ Pour 10050 Replacement Spout Kit on Amazon. Is that what I need? Thanks

Cut off and toss all the government crap and buy these....https://www.ruralking.com/ez-pour-h...o_eHC3QIVizRpCh0xzw_nEAQYAiABEgIAWvD_BwE

They make replacement spout kits for most all plastic and metal cans. I buy the old pyramid cans at estate sales cheap and replace the broken or missing spouts and vent caps. You can't buy the old style pyramid cans because of some government busybodies, so I do the next best thing. Make sure you use a high quality wood paddle bit to cut the push-in vent hole in the thick part behind the top handle. Spiral bits don't cut as perfect hole, so it can leak..

Last edited by reivertom; 09/17/18.
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I just pour gasoline all over myself with those safety things. I was looking for some way to sabotage the mess. I also found out they will not pour into a car, despite their claims. I did find a good gas can at a estate sale, complete with some old gasoline, so bought it, the spouts seem the same.

I was really disappointed with Trump when he supported E15. I do not have anything that will run on it,

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by reivertom

Cut off and toss all the government crap and buy these....https://www.ruralking.com/ez-pour-h...o_eHC3QIVizRpCh0xzw_nEAQYAiABEgIAWvD_BwE

They make replacement spout kits for most all plastic and metal cans. I buy the old pyramid cans at estate sales cheap and replace the broken or missing spouts and vent caps. You can't buy the old style pyramid cans because of some government busybodies, so I do the next best thing. Make sure you use a high quality wood paddle bit to cut the push-in vent hole in the thick part behind the top handle. Spiral bits don't cut as perfect hole, so it can leak..

This is what I use and they work great. One issue though, it pours fast. You do have to get used to it. Other than that they are great.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The new spill proof cans spill a lot more gas than the old ones did. What a sick joke they are.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Use a valve stem with the valve removed for the vent.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When you buy new cans these are the cats azz.

Best gas can
Filler hose

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by blanket
I use tire valve stems and caps for vents

Gas eats them pretty quick. The above post gas can vents are actually cheaper and purpose built. I found a couple of the old style spouts on a dusty shelf in a local Ace hardware.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ro1459

This is what I use and they work great. One issue though, it pours fast. You do have to get used to it. Other than that they are great.

This is what I also use for a couple of my newer cans. I mainly use VP racing fuel jugs, you can get 6 gallons in them.

M
M16 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
In my best James Bond voice. "Gas is siphoned, not poured." I bought a couple of these little siphon shaker hoses and will never try to pour gas again. Place gas can above your entry point, shake until you see gas coming out. Then you can walk away. On some vehicles with a hinge flap in the gas tank I slipped on about a 1 foot piece of flex conduit over the plastic hose part. It keeps the spring flap from trapping your hose.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shaker-Siphon/16915713

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Try these, available on this site or others. I bought a set of 4 20 L (5 gal) , and also 2 10L (2.5 gal) , and 2 5L (1 gal) ones along with spouts and gaskets and couldn't be happier. Likely I'll never have to buy another gas can.............especially cheap s**t plastic ones.

https://deutscheoptik.com/5-liter-jerry-can.html

Good luck,

Geno

I had some of the surplus cans. They were great. These look like they should do as well.

Retired cat herder.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ro1459

If you want a slower pour like for a weed eater, just get one of their regular spout kits. Their website has an application chart for the plastic and metal cans going back years. I love them and feel like I'm flipping the "bird" at the Nanny State every time I make a good can out of one of their crappy ones. I needed a few extra cans for my generator as well as lawn equipment. That's why I hit the estate sales and started buying the older pyramid style cans the idiots in DC forced the industry to stop making. These kits make it all possible.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,562
Posts18,491,797
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.