Hop To
Page 14 of 40 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 39 40
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If I hire a guide to take me elk hunting I expect my guide to get me on elk, not to protect me in every possible scenario......

Who said anything about the guide protecting the client in any possible scenario there ace? Sure as hell wasn't me.

If a guide accepts paying clients and hunts in an area with lots of grizzlies, he has a responsibility to understand how to operate in that environment and do what he can to keep his clients safe.

And if they drop an elk and leave it overnight, the likelihood of having to deal with bears goes way up. So that situation is hardly "every possible scenario," it's something a guide should reasonably expect.

So a guide in that situation has some responsibility to manage what happens, unlike a guy from Florida who may not have ever seen a grizzly much less been drug off a horse by one.

I'm not blaming the guide either, as already noted by everyone with half a functioning brain cell, none of us knows what happened. Just making the observation that a client's responsibilities are much different than a guide's, in response to the previous poster who blamed the client for what happened.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Apparently polesmoker is a coward too. She thinks running away is preferable to standing up like a man.

Never said that ace, but keep it up, you're doing great.

What I said was, I'm not going to blame either one of them for what happened, because I wasn't there and I have no basis to pass judgment.

You go right ahead and lay blame though, apparently it's what you do best, and from the safety of your keyboard no less.

You go girl.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mostly I blame the bear but WTF do I know.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by smokepole
IThat client sounds like a coward of the first order. Having been tested more than a few times I know that.....

You don't know squat. Unless you've been dragged off a horse by your ankle.

Is that how you were "tested more than a few times?"

I’ll trust what I know over your guessing.

You can use partial quotes and take statements out of context all you want (typical liberal reaction) but it makes you look stupid. You have become more and more argumentative for no good reason, not just this thread but many of the ones you insert yourself in. I don’t know if loneliness and old age is your excuse but either way you just come across as a washed up old crank that gets off on picking internet arguments because you lack excitement in your elderly life. Keep on keeping on champ....you’re always good for a laugh at your own expense.

Thank You.
Thank You.
Thank You.
Thank You.

I knew there had to be other intelligent people out here, who have read this clown for what he truly is.

He posts from sunrise to midnight every 1-2 hours some days, just click his name and look at his posting history at the end of a day.

I knew he had loose screws when he attacked me in the 7-08 thread, Elk Hunters, just recently when I simply offered some advice to the OP that didn't even concern him, and in that very thread, he attacked Wyocoyotehunter on page three for no reason, just to ride his azz about magnums. Then he inserted his azz, and answered Pharmseller's posting to me, and rode my azz for 9 more pages, and he and Pharmseller even stalked me into another thread to try to trash me.

I dealt with someone like him on a forum in my industry a little over 10 years ago. Same exact M.O. Same uneducated argumentative crap while inserting himself into every post all over the forum. These types know "just enough" to look like they know what they are talking about to the not-so-experienced members. To those who have much experience, the experienced people know they are fakes, and most just let it ride while not wanting to waste their time with a confrontation. I've been so tempted to bust fakepole in a few threads here recently to show his advice was BS, and he didn't know what he was talking about, but just let it go.

Back to the other guy 10 years ago I had the same issue with, it turned out a year later, the guy admitted he had mental issues, and was on medication for it. Hell, I knew right off the bat just by his postings, just like I knew it here, and as you obviously too with your very well detailed post.

Again, thank you so much for pointing this out. If I were to have pointed this out on this site being a new poster, and not a member here for very long, I would have gotten attacked, again, by his fans here, and probably still will for this posting.

Ask me if I care.

EDIT: Here’s the link to fakepole starting to ride wyocoyotehunter I referenced:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...mm-08-for-my-first-elk-hunt#Post13045813

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 09/18/18.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Do you care? LOL.

Best grizzly attack thread this week, potentially.

RIP guide

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Elkslayer, Old man Polesmoker has nothing else in his sad and argumentative existence except picking fights over parsed words. I generally ignore his stupidity because anything he gets involved with devolves into his little piss ant mini rants. He is known to be a pain in the ass by many that’s why he has to lash out in his interactions here otherwise he’d be ignored completely. Like the old saying about little kids goes it’s also pertinent to grumpy elderly men....negative attention is better than no attention at all.

Old man smokepole needs to tighten the Velcro on his tenny runners with orthopedic insoles and get ready to flee from danger, it’s lurking around every corner of his 1 bedroom 1/2 bath apartment. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

If I hire a guide to take me elk hunting I expect my guide to get me on elk, not to protect me in every possible scenario......

Who said anything about the guide protecting the client in any possible scenario there ace? Sure as hell wasn't me.

Personally, I wouldn't be too hard on the client. It's not his responsibility to keep the guide safe, it's the other way around.
Yes, it sure the hell was you.

No fakepole. The guide is not hired to be a bodyguard during a bear attack. The client is responsible for his own defense in a bear attack, just like a customer is responsible for their own defense / protection during a robbery in a store.

If a guide accepts paying clients and hunts in an area with lots of grizzlies, he has a responsibility to understand how to operate in that environment and do what he can to keep his clients safe.
Typical liberal thought pattern here, it’s the guide’s responsibility to “help/protect” me, even when fakepole is knowingly inserting himself into a dangerous situation, grizzly country. 100% from the book of how a liberal thinks.

If that right there doesn’t show you people fakepole has no clue what he is talking about when hunting in the back country, you’re helpless.

And if they drop an elk and leave it overnight, the likelihood of having to deal with bears goes way up. So that situation is hardly "every possible scenario," it's something a guide should reasonably expect.
Again, let’s cop the liberal blame the guide. No fakepole, true back country hunters know in “any” country, not just grizzly country, you are putting your life in jeopardy once you hike in. The guide is not responsible for ”every possible scenario”, including and up to your life.

So a guide in that situation has some responsibility to manage what happens, unlike a guy from Florida who may not have ever seen a grizzly much less been drug off a horse by one.
More fakepole liberal thought here. The guide is hired to put you on the Elk and help extract the Elk, not protect you, the liberal, who wants others responsible for your safety, even in the back country.

I'm not blaming the guide either, as already noted by everyone with half a functioning brain cell, none of us knows what happened. Just making the observation that a client's responsibilities are much different than a guide's, in response to the previous poster who blamed the client for what happened.
When you, the liberal, state the guide is responsible for the client’s safety, as you just did more than once above, you “are” blaming the guide, Fakepole.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sidestep here, but for the big but very, very light 329PD, Buff Bore developed a 44 “low-recoil” load. It’s a 255-gr Keith hard cast at ~1300+ fps — “controllable” (a personal determination) but with enough ooomph to penetrate a beach ball-sized noggin, or most other body parts at coffee-table range.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Sidestep here, but for the big but very, very light 329PD, Buff Bore developed a 44 “low-recoil” load. It’s a 255-gr Keith hard cast at ~1300+ fps — “controllable” (a personal determination) but with enough ooomph to penetrate a beach ball-sized noggin, or most other body parts at coffee-table range.

Low recoil might be ok for practice, but when you're shooting at something that's trying to kill you, you're not gonna remember the gun kicking or even consciously thinking about it ...

I'd still like to see somebody that would volunteer to help the young man pack out an elk.....not me....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Mostly I blame the bear but WTF do I know.

grin grin

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I shot one of the smith and Wesson lights!

It hurted so freaking bad, I waz beginning to wonder if I should just let the bear eat me.

Ruger Super Hawks 4 me! Houge grip, or bisley grip!

BTW

Smoke Troll = Fake News. JMO

Last edited by Angus1895; 09/18/18.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by precision223
But this for sure - two armed men were attacked my a single bear.

No, it's not for sure. And the only first-hand account I've read said the attack happened while they were on horseback dragging the elk out of cover, at least one of them.

So all the uninformed blather about having one guy stand guard while the other works on the carcass is just that--uninformed blather.

i will put it another way........if there are 2 of you , it would not be a bad idea for 1 of you, to kinda stand guard......in grizzly country.......you don't live or hunt in grizzly country .....do you?.......bob

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BobMt
….don't buy the horse account.

Based on what?

smokepole....i was going to give you an answer....but, i dont think it would matter to you......reading your posts, i dont think you have much experience, with ...hunting...horses....bears...or common sense....bob

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by Tracks
My 'puter shows 12 pages on this, would be 4 without quotes on quotes on quotes.

Your ‘puter is providing you with 12 pages, so far, of free arm-chair-quarterbacking entertainment, by people who have no clue how horses or people react during a bear confrontation.

Sit back and eat your popcorn, and enjoy it.

people like smokepole....bob

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Angus1895
No blame game here. And I have not read all the pages. But an observation.......

There is a definite downside to sticking an arrow in an Elk in the afternoon. Bone soured in the morning......plus a grizzly buffet!

Afternoon thermals can also be wish washy.

if the elk was shot in the afternoon, and gotten to the next day.....it was more than likely spoiled.......at that point you need to assume, a bear will be on it.......lets wait and see what smokepole has to say....he should be able to google...spoiled elk, and grizzly bear....and get back to us.....bob

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Cinch

Take a look at what the stupid phugk who calls himself Quynhu is doing on the Go Fund Me page. And it's only been days the family's been grieving. Low life liberal scum.

Wish I could reach out and touch that sonofabitch.

It is only one on a very long list that needs to be dealt with. It's day will come.

His comments appear to have been removed.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
….don't buy the horse account.

Based on what?

smokepole....i was going to give you an answer....but, i dont think it would matter to you......reading your posts, i dont think you have much experience, with ...hunting...horses....bears...or common sense....bob
This is fakepole's experience:

Dude, did you score some killer weed, or what?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13133014/re-being-a-man#Post13133014

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Angus1895
I shot one of the smith and Wesson lights!

It hurted so freaking bad, I waz beginning to wonder if I should just let the bear eat me.

Ruger Super Hawks 4 me! Houge grip, or bisley grip!

BTW

Smoke Troll = Fake News. JMO

I carry a three screw Super Blackhawk on my hip...full loads. I want all the punch I can send down that 7.5 barrel if I have a confrontation with a lion or bear, if I don't happen to have my 7RM in my hands at the time.

You don't have time to "experiment" with whether spray will work. You get one try in the back country in that situation, no mulligan, and you better put as many odds in your favor as you can when / if that time ever comes, a big wheel gun that won't jam.

"He is far from Stupid"

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
All I know is that I am the only one responsible for my hide.

Damn shame a father of 5 had to die at such a young age, of that too I am certain.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They shoulda each had one of these on their hip, not in packs, along with some spray. Bad deal for sure
[Linked Image]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 14 of 40 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1minute, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 55 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,039
Posts18,500,735
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.