Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I see only bad. It will piss off the Russians unnecessarily and will let the Europeans keep thinking "the Americans are here to protect us and we don't have to provide for ourselves".

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Poland has long been our ally...I seen no negative with this. Even better would be to withdraw completely from places like Germany and Turkey in preference for countries who actually contribute something to their own defense and who don't hate our guts.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Well if UPFAGGOT thinks it's bad, it has to be good

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I thought Trump and Putin were best buddies? Then why in the world would Trump put a base in Poland? Unless the whole collusion thing is a scam.

I spent two weeks in Poland last year. Trump is looked at like a hero to many people there. Mostly because he clearly outlined the crimes against Poland from Germany and Russia in WWII.

Poland was the first place Trump visited.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Colluding with Poland, now...

Carpe' Scrotum
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
What would it achieve? How much will it cost?

What do the Polish people think about it?

Who's idea was it?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I notice that you seem to be fixated by the term "[bleep]". You continuously call people you disagree with that term. Is there something that you want to tell us? That closet is really small and dark...
PS--You've averaged 16 posts a day here for almost 16 years. You don't get out of your mother's basement too often, do you?

Last edited by UPhiker; 09/18/18.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I notice that you seem to be fixated by the term "[bleep]". You continuously call people you disagree with that term. Is there something that you want to tell us? That closet is really small and dark...
PS--You've averaged 16 posts a day here for almost 16 years. You don't get out of your mother's basement too often, do you?

His mothers basement??? Really??? I've read a lot of clueless posts here on the fire, but this has to be one of the top 10....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Steve
Colluding with Poland, now...

To throw the midterms, Democrats have their eye on the Russians.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
All of this is just another element of the Russia collusion crap.

Trump is being advised to build up the military in Poland in order to diffuse the lies that have been put out by the leftists concerning Trump's friendship with Putin. The people who are putting out the lies wants to see war between the U.S. and Russia, and anything that they can do to irritate Russia is just another step closer to realizing that goal.

When the Polish Prime Minister spoke, the majority of his statement had to do with increasing trade with the U.S. Towards the end, he said that he would be happy to have additional U.S. military forces in Poland.

The way I read it is,..Poland knows that Russia is no longer a threat to them. But if allowing the U.S. to increase its military strength will result in additional trade with the U.S.,...what the hell?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Holding maneuvers in Poland might be cheaper than in Germany.

In 1988 I did a Reforger exercise and just the cost incurred from paying for the damage caused by running armored vehicles around Germany was nuts. Having a Brigade or Regiment around can be a pretty good economic boost by itself.

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Dodgefan,

I think you are correct. Having a US base in Poland is an economic gain for Poland. Additionally, it gives them greater security over Russia.

All,

I would not say that Russia isn’t a threat to its neighbors. Just ask some Ukrainians and Georgians about their feelings.

Though, Russia will have to act in some way to counter a base in Poland. What that exactly is will determine if it’s worth the squeeze.

I like Poland. Safest place to visit in the neighborhood IMO. Great food and drinks. Affordable. Clean beautiful cities like Gdańsk and Krakow. I just don’t want to go war with Russia over it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man, if I was Poland I would want no part of it. Any time one of those countries sticks their necks out based on a US made promise they end up getting shafted by the next administration,. God Bless the Poles, they are bent on maintaining sovereignty and know better than anyone what it means to lose it. I would love to help them in that regard but it is because of that affection I would warn them off. What is it they say in South America, "it is deadly to be an enemy of the United States but it is fatal to be an ally."

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I think we should strongly consider pulling out of all European countries with muslim immigration problems. Given the insanity of that issue and the "support" the host countries politically provide, there is no telling what disasters could occur for our troops and investments.

Poland isn't one of them.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Tactically a mistake. Poland's terrain is a Tanker's dream. Germany's Fulda Gap was the centerpiece of our European defense for a reason. Now geopolitically, it would be a good move I think..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Move the base we have in Germany to Poland. I like it!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
poland has been the gateway from the east during many wars over the last century or two. it makes perfect sense to me, The war of 1922 was a training ground for what stalin and the others wanted, not to mention the abandonment of poland in WWII.
The poles, hungarians, slavs and others know full well what is in entailed. Keep in mine current day poland contains a lot of what was once other countries, gdansk was part of prussia, and so on. My grandmothers home village is in present day slovakia, and she was slav, but it's a short walk to poland today, in her time it would have been poland.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Poland has long been our ally...I seen no negative with this. Even better would be to withdraw completely from places like Germany and Turkey in preference for countries who actually contribute something to their own defense and who don't hate our guts.

This exactly. Reward our true allies and snub our detractors. It's time for each NATO country to individually and publicly Chitt or get off the pot!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by liliysdad

I agree!

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (260Remguy, 12344mag, 160user, 22kHornet, 257man, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 1,926 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,875
Posts18,478,865
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.