Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by huntinaz

Haha yeah. That cartoon tranny makes some excellent and hilarious points about evolution. And how most of its opponents have both a complete lack of understanding of it and an unreasonable vendetta against it. Classic.

Mr. Garrison is only funny because he's well known to be a complete loon. Hardly someone I'd want on my side of any discussion.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I really wasn't trying to get into the religion thing. I'm good with God making me from a tadpole. Just pondering why Uncle Apeman didn't make it.

Because whenever the superior edition came into contact with his ancestral edition, he viewed him as a competitor for limited resources and wiped him out, due to superior organizational capacity and weapon technology.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Haha yeah. That cartoon tranny makes some excellent and hilarious points about evolution. And how most of its opponents have both a complete lack of understanding of it and an unreasonable vendetta against it. Classic.

Mr. Garrison is only funny because he's well known to be a complete loon. Hardly someone I'd want on my side of any discussion.

Yes, exactly the point I (and the creators or South Park) was making

Last edited by huntinaz; 09/17/18.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Weapon tech.... re; primitive mans motivation to develop a stone axe...

do you think it may have been primarily based on the idea of taking his competitor out?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I know.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by precision223
Animals mostly but evolution doesn’t explain creation. Man was created by God and that’s just the truth.

This is pure gold...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
If you don’t believe in evolution, you can’t own a dog.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I know.

Plus, it’s funny as hell smile

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
ironbender,
"You need to read more on geochronology."

It seems the people I learned from are certainly educated enough to give me the good info. I met three Ph.D geologists who were trained in NON-Christian colleges. That should at least equal your education. All three accept the universe is less than 7,000 years old.

kolofardos,
"Ringman, I'd like to ask if you have ever considered how many people you have turned away from Christianity from the ridiculous crap you post on here about Creationism? How dare you presume that you have all the answers about how God created? Do you not realize that the stuff you parrot from pseudo-scientists, with no real training, give the impression to many that all Christians are morons?"

Whlether I have “turned away” folks from Christianity by posting Truth is not my problem. God tells us in His Word He will send a deluding influence on those who wish to believe a lie. About presuming about God. You are sadly mistaken. If someone asked me, “Do you know the Lord?” I always tell them, “NO!” The idea that folks think Christians are morons is a problem for them. They are not on their way to Hell #2 or Hell #3. They are on their way to Hell and need to repent; whether they think I’m a moron or not.

Thegman,
"I don't forget that in the least. But, as is evident on this thread, creationists don't use evidence as it stands, but rather come up with straw man arguments and tear those down, stating, "see, evolution is not true", even though anyone that understands the theory of evolution would not have suggested the argument in the first place.

It's like me arguing that my bicycle doesn't do a particular thing (which may or may not be true) in order to try to prove that your car can't do the same thing. I know that sounds ridiculous, but is closely analogous to the arguments creationists present.

Oh, and to be more analogous, I would spend a great deal of time arguing that my bicycle actually -is- your car..."

But, as is evident on this thread, evolutionists don’t use evidence as it stands, but rather come up with strawman arguments and tear those down, stating, “see, creation is not true”, even though anyone that understands the theory of creation would not have suggested the argument in the first place.

It's like me arguing that my bicycle doesn't do a particular thing (which may or may not be true) in order to try to prove that your car can't do the same thing. I know that sounds ridiculous, but is closely analogous to the arguments evolutionists present.

Oh, and to be more analogous, I would spend a great deal of time arguing that my bicycle actually -is- your car... only because you are willfully ignorant.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You guys do realize that Darwin's educational training was Theology. So you trust a preacher that tells you you are an improved monkey. But you don't trust one that says you were created in the image of God and the earth is yours to have dominion over.
Apes and Men don't have the same number of Chromosomes. If we were an improved monkey we would.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Ringman
ironbender,

It seems the people I learned from are certainly educated enough to give me the good info. I met three Ph.D geologists who were trained in NON-Christian colleges. That should at least equal your education. All three accept the universe is less than 7,000 years old.

kolofardos,
"Ringman, I'd like to ask if you have ever considered how many people you have turned away from Christianity from the ridiculous crap you post on here about Creationism? How dare you presume that you have all the answers about how God created? Do you not realize that the stuff you parrot from pseudo-scientists, with no real training, give the impression to many that all Christians are morons?"

Whlether I have “turned away” folks from Christianity by posting Truth is not my problem. God tells us in His Word He will send a deluding influence on those who wish to believe a lie. About presuming about God. You are sadly mistaken. If someone asked me, “Do you know the Lord?” I always tell them, “NO!” The idea that folks think Christians are morons is a problem for them. They are not on their way to Hell #2 or Hell #3. They are on their way to Hell and need to repent; whether they think I’m a moron or not.

Thegman,
"I don't forget that in the least. But, as is evident on this thread, creationists don't use evidence as it stands, but rather come up with straw man arguments and tear those down, stating, "see, evolution is not true", even though anyone that understands the theory of evolution would not have suggested the argument in the first place.

It's like me arguing that my bicycle doesn't do a particular thing (which may or may not be true) in order to try to prove that your car can't do the same thing. I know that sounds ridiculous, but is closely analogous to the arguments creationists present.

Oh, and to be more analogous, I would spend a great deal of time arguing that my bicycle actually -is- your car..."

But, as is evident on this thread, evolutionists don’t use evidence as it stands, but rather come up with strawman arguments and tear those down, stating, “see, creation is not true”, even though anyone that understands the theory of creation would not have suggested the argument in the first place.

It's like me arguing that my bicycle doesn't do a particular thing (which may or may not be true) in order to try to prove that your car can't do the same thing. I know that sounds ridiculous, but is closely analogous to the arguments evolutionists present.

Oh, and to be more analogous, I would spend a great deal of time arguing that my bicycle actually -is- your car... only because you are willfully ignorant.

Ringman, I apologize for the implication that you are moron for believing what you do. Name calling should not have been a part of this discussion. The fact is, YOU do not know the details of the mechanisms of God's creation any more than I do. I would respectfully suggest that it is vanity that makes you cling to the details of your beliefs, and your time would be better spent on highlighting Christ's teachings rather than arguing about the details of how creation came about.

Last edited by kolofardos; 09/18/18.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
how is it man is the only animal that eats an wipes its ass with the same paw .think about it

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Miles,
No I do not means toes.
I mean that folks are frequently saying to someone--- hey lend me a hand, or I need a hand here--

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I know you are but what am I? ....

INFINITY! .....

Are you seven years old?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
If you don’t believe in evolution, you can’t own a dog.

I dont, and i do. GSP. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
You guys do realize that Darwin's educational training was Theology. So you trust a preacher that tells you you are an improved monkey. But you don't trust one that says you were created in the image of God and the earth is yours to have dominion over.
Apes and Men don't have the same number of Chromosomes. If we were an improved monkey we would.

The objection to Darwin having training as a minister is ridiculous. Being a Christian doesn’t preclude the persuit of science. He was also a naturalist.

As for our 23 chromosomes vs apes’ 24, the explanation is well understood, ie., two of our chromosomes have simply fused together at some point after our divergence from their line of descent.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by kolofardos
ironbender,

kolofardos,

Thegman,

Ringman, I apologize for the implication that you are moron for believing what you do. Name calling should not have been a part of this discussion. The fact is, YOU do not know the details of the mechanisms of God's creation any more than I do. I would respectfully suggest that it is vanity that makes you cling to the details of your beliefs, and your time would be better spent on highlighting Christ's teachings rather than arguing about the details of how creation came about.

However, Ringman does know the actual text of the Bible better than most, and his beliefs are very consistent with a literal reading of the text.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
It isn't ridiculous it is a fact. His education was the study of religion. You have to have as much faith to believe complex life forms evolved from pond scum as you do in creation. But if someone demands that their folks came from monkeys who I am I to argue.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
It isn't ridiculous it is a fact. His education was the study of religion. You have to have as much faith to believe complex life forms evolved from pond scum as you do in creation. But if someone demands that their folks came from monkeys who I am I to argue.

Life from pond scum isn’t a part of evolution theory. That’s a separate field of inquiry. Evolution doesn’t require faith because it’s evident to anyone who actually studies the evidence.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Denying evolution is not being pious, its just being ignorant.

You can still keep your faith, even if you pull your head out of your ass far enough to see that species have changed and evolved due to environmental pressures.

Last edited by huntinaz; 09/18/18.

Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,576
Posts18,492,035
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.