Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I once read a theory that made a lot of sense in explaining how racial differences could of occurred in our evolution from our common ancestor with the chemps. If I remember correctly it speculated that some of the human side of the split escaped Africa early on and made it to the Mid-East and thence to Europe and beyond while the humans that stayed in Africa continued to breed across the line with the side they split from for some time. The escapees would have encountered Neanderthal and maybe other humans and absorbed them causing at least some of the differences between Europeans, Asian Mongol races, and the race found in Africa. I'm sure living conditions and climate played a part but this theory certainly sounds reasonable to me.

On another note concerning Wolves vs domestic dogs. They are all dogs, a wolf is a dog.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When one side finally prevails in this debate it will drive BOTH sides to drink when they discover that it really makes no difference in the Grand Scheme.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Ringman, I apologize for the implication that you are moron for believing what you do. Name calling should not have been a part of this discussion. The fact is, YOU do not know the details of the mechanisms of God's creation any more than I do. I would respectfully suggest that it is vanity that makes you cling to the details of your beliefs, and your time would be better spent on highlighting Christ's teachings rather than arguing about the details of how creation came about.

O, but I do know the details of His creation. His Word tells us He spoke and it happened. Using regular common sense, if we speak and something happens, it happens when we speak. It doesn't take years or decades or centuries. We have been brainwashed by cartoons from age two or three years old to post graduate school that evolution is a fact. It takes some real life open minded research to overcome it.

Often I challenge our .com friends: Name ONE Ph.D. physical scientist who was a creationist and became an evolutionist after earning his doctorate. Just one. And I will name a dozen Ph.D. evolutionists physical scientists who after earning their doctorate became creationists. I limit it to physical scientists and don't include philosophers and theologians because those guys get whacked out by too much thinking and not enough observing.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
You guys do realize that Darwin's educational training was Theology. So you trust a preacher that tells you you are an improved monkey. But you don't trust one that says you were created in the image of God and the earth is yours to have dominion over.
Apes and Men don't have the same number of Chromosomes. If we were an improved monkey we would.

The objection to Darwin having training as a minister is ridiculous. Being a Christian doesn’t preclude the persuit of science. He was also a naturalist.

As for our 23 chromosomes vs apes’ 24, the explanation is well understood, ie., two of our chromosomes have simply fused together at some point after our divergence from their line of descent.

You need to keep up with the most current information. This info is dated and has been refuted.

Everyday Hunter
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
To believe in the theory evolution takes a large, if not larger leap of faith than Creation.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
It isn't ridiculous it is a fact. His education was the study of religion. You have to have as much faith to believe complex life forms evolved from pond scum as you do in creation. But if someone demands that their folks came from monkeys who I am I to argue.

Life from pond scum isn’t a part of evolution theory. That’s a separate field of inquiry. Evolution doesn’t require faith because it’s evident to anyone who actually studies the evidence.

Your are badly mistaken about requiring faith. When John Sanford, who has seventy patens on gene splicing and taught graduate students for twenty-five years asked a colleague wht evidence we have for evolution he said, "We have none. We go on faith just the creationists." No one was there for the millions of years to see these supposed changes.

Originally Posted by huntinaz
Denying evolution is not being pious, its just being ignorant.

You can still keep your faith, even if you pull your head out of your ass far enough to see that species have changed and evolved due to environmental pressures.

You are conflating change from on animal like horses and zebras and mules with the microbe to man theory. One is observable science the other is historical speculation from interpretation of facts.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think many folks here understand what Evolution is.

Some folks here the word evolution and immediately think someone is trying to take Jesus away.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
When one side finally prevails in this debate it will drive BOTH sides to drink when they discover that it really makes no difference in the Grand Scheme.

One side will prevail. At that time every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of the Father.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I don't think many folks here understand what Evolution is.

Some folks here the word evolution and immediately think someone is trying to take Jesus away.

The truth is simple: Christ is a fact, evolution is a theory...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GunGeek
For the rational free thinkers, this science was settled in the 1880's. Evangelical Christians won't accept ANYTHING anyone says on the issue in support of evolution...so what's the point of any so-called "discussion"?

Theologians (who are NOT experts on paleontology, anatomy, kinesiology, primatology, embryology, neurobiology, etc) snub anything and everything that doesn't conform to their pre-conceived ideals. These people are not interested in the truth at all. They are only interested in things that support their pre-determined ideology.

Discussing evolution with an evangelical is wasted time you will never get back!

I WAS an evangelical who spent a lot of time studying Christian Apologetics. My copies of Evidence That Demands a Verdict are autographed by Josh McDowell. And although I no longer agree with his conclusions, I still have a great deal of respect for the man himself.

You paint with a pretty wide brush. I am an Evangelical Christian but have no doubt evolution exists. You seem to me limiting my ability to think and have opinions just because of my faith. I find that insulting.

Many people like to put groups of people into small boxes that they cannot escape because of their beliefs. Than can be a mistake.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

One side will prevail. At that time every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of the Father.

He may very well say;;” Rich, do you have any idea how much precious time you wasted arguing from an ignorant place?”

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott F

You paint with a pretty wide brush. I am an Evangelical Christian but have no doubt evolution exists. You seem to me limiting my ability to think and have opinions just because of my faith. I find that insulting.

Many people like to put groups of people into small boxes that they cannot escape because of their beliefs. Than can be a mistake.

Scott,

very well said.

I'm not an "Evangelical Christian" and I, too, don't like to be put in a box.

There's too much of the small box thing going around regarding many groups, religious, political, economic, racial, and so on.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by johnw
I do not doubt that evolution has occurred and is occurring.

I do doubt that any form of life is evolving into a higher plane of existence. Becoming more intelligent, bigger, stronger, or what-have-you.

The fossil record clearly shows that all of the animal families are becoming smaller, weaker, lesser versions of what they were in ages past.
I think this is evident in human history as well.

Believe what you will.
I believe in a Creator God.

This is ignorant BS.

I refer you to my signature line...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For the rational free thinkers, this science was settled in the 1880's. Evangelical Christians won't accept ANYTHING anyone says on the issue in support of evolution...so what's the point of any so-called "discussion"?

Theologians (who are NOT experts on paleontology, anatomy, kinesiology, primatology, embryology, neurobiology, etc) snub anything and everything that doesn't conform to their pre-conceived ideals. These people are not interested in the truth at all. They are only interested in things that support their pre-determined ideology.

Discussing evolution with an evangelical is wasted time you will never get back!

I WAS an evangelical who spent a lot of time studying Christian Apologetics. My copies of Evidence That Demands a Verdict are autographed by Josh McDowell. And although I no longer agree with his conclusions, I still have a great deal of respect for the man himself.

I am kind of surprised at you, GG. The only thing "settled" about this science is that evolution exists. How and why it does is far from settled. In fact, it is clearly a work in progress. The evidence for that is the numerous times that what was once accepted has been disproven. That is not to say that evolution is disproven - but our understanding of how it works has been....several times.

The vast majority of posters on both sides of this thread are lagging behind recent discoveries. Most here (if not all) would benefit by spending more time reading and less time arguing. What I see here is argument from both sides that is not supported by the most up-to-date science (not that I'm on the cutting edge either), and much of it coming from ideas that have been shown to be wrong for a long time.

I don't see anything in the most current science that I am aware of that challenges my faith in God. Likewise, I don't see anything in the Bible that disallows scientific discovery and/or the study of evolution. My educated guess is that both extreme arguments are close-minded and wrong.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

He may very well say;;” Rich, do you have any idea how much precious time you wasted arguing from an ignorant place?”

I am not that important to Him.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FreeMe

I am kind of surprised at you, GG. The only thing "settled" about this science is that evolution exists. How and why it does is far from settled. In fact, it is clearly a work in progress. The evidence for that is the numerous times that what was once accepted has been disproven. That is not to say that evolution is disproven - but our understanding of how it works has been....several times.

The vast majority of posters on both sides of this thread are lagging behind recent discoveries. Most here (if not all) would benefit by spending more time reading and less time arguing. What I see here is argument from both sides that is not supported by the most up-to-date science (not that I'm on the cutting edge either), and much of it coming from ideas that have been shown to be wrong for a long time.

I don't see anything in the most current science that I am aware of that challenges my faith in God. Likewise, I don't see anything in the Bible that disallows scientific discovery and/or the study of evolution. My educated guess is that both extreme arguments are close-minded and wrong.

Your opinion does not establish facts. They're just opinion.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Your opinion does not establish facts. They're just opinion.

Back at ya.

I wasn't trying to establish any facts here, other than that you and others are lacking in current knowledge - and you and others from both sides are attempting to persuade (poorly) others to accept ideas based on weak assumptions.

You want facts? Then you will have to leave your assumptions at the door and keep your pursuit of truth ongoing. It's difficult....I know.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Evolution is the change of allele frequency in a population over time. Pure fact. Fuggin amazing any of this stuff occurs.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Evolution is so overwhelmingly evident to any scientifically literate person that it's hard to comprehend how anything but bad faith can explain its rejection by any but the most universally ignorant.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Evolution is so overwhelmingly evident to any scientifically literate person that it's hard to comprehend how anything but bad faith can explain its rejection by any but the most universally ignorant.

Then name one Ph.D creationist who switched. Just one.

Everyday Hunter
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,577
Posts18,492,049
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.