Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I've run Stihl plenty too. I've pulled the rope on the white and orange, heap big plenty. Still pulling... can't get started.... lol!

No, Good stuff. One of my fav Stihl saws was a little top handle climbing saw. I don't think they make it anymore. My oldest boy just bought a new home owner level stihl. So far so good, it's got a weird spring loaded recoil, starts one pull and you can pull super slow. Like you are pulling a spring and it doesnt turn [/color[color:#FF0000]]the motor until you are almost full pull. Funny, it reminds me of a spring loaded wind up push mower I had once. Top of the motor had a crank you wind up like a spring loaded wind up toy. then you flip a little lever and the loaded spring spins the engine over. lol

I hurt both my shoulders and arms earlier this year and the Doc said not pull on any chainsaws until I heal up. I was aware of the Stihl EZStart saws and purchased a MS 251 CB-E and kept on working in the woods. It sure is an eerie feeling when you slow pull the saw and it starts.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 7 STW
And you being an idiot or trying to start a pissing match. Either way I have more experience in the bush working than all on this thread combined including Big Stick. So flame the [bleep] on

Yeah.

You're our hero.

You are also the only one that can use a chainsaw for any purpose, or have an opinion about it.

Tell ya what Buttercup.. As soon as you buy me a professional grade Stihl, and I use it a couple of years, I'll let you tell me what saw I buy and use with my own money... laugh

Deal?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Older the better. Especially with Husky. You guys must know a vacuum company named Electrolux makes husky. Thought I should mention that.

Explains why Husqvarna's are good saws. Electrolux are good vacuums.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus I'm a hero compared to you couch sitting pos. Most of you on this site wouldn't know hard days work if it hit you on the head. I'm done being polite around you morons so [bleep] you

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by White_Bear
I've been looking at both of those models. I have some big saws but I want something smaller for firewood chores.

I've been looking at husq 550XP

But I've got the big saw/little saw covered pretty well already do I don't really have an excuse.

That is one badass saw

I been eyeballing that 550xp since it came out. Power to weight is very nice, it's not a baby saw, not a big saw either.. think it's under 11 pounds or about 11 with a bar on it. Small chain, .325 but that's ok. Not everything has to cut a 3/8 notch.

I got no need tho, I have a bigger jonsered pro saw and a baby (I bought Dusty's 2152 on his auction)

I was/am in the same boat. I WANT the xp but I don't NEED the xp. If I burned wood for heat though, that would be the first saw I went and bought.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus I'm a hero compared to you couch sitting pos. Most of you on this site wouldn't know hard days work if it hit you on the head. I'm done being polite around you morons so [bleep] you

I'm pretty sure I understand hard work, as do a few others around here.

LOL
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I'm pretty sure I understand hard work, as do a few others around here.

Nope, just him.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by roundoak
I've run Stihl plenty too. I've pulled the rope on the white and orange, heap big plenty. Still pulling... can't get started.... lol!

No, Good stuff. One of my fav Stihl saws was a little top handle climbing saw. I don't think they make it anymore. My oldest boy just bought a new home owner level stihl. So far so good, it's got a weird spring loaded recoil, starts one pull and you can pull super slow. Like you are pulling a spring and it doesnt turn [/color[color:#FF0000]]the motor until you are almost full pull. Funny, it reminds me of a spring loaded wind up push mower I had once. Top of the motor had a crank you wind up like a spring loaded wind up toy. then you flip a little lever and the loaded spring spins the engine over. lol

I hurt both my shoulders and arms earlier this year and the Doc said not pull on any chainsaws until I heal up. I was aware of the Stihl EZStart saws and purchased a MS 251 CB-E and kept on working in the woods. It sure is an eerie feeling when you slow pull the saw and it starts.

Cool!

I sure get a kick out of his. I can see where it would be absolutely perfect for your situation.

Something clever here.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You CLUELESS fhuqking Snowflakes are hilarious. A Stihl couldn't muster the power requisite,to pull a greasy string out of a cat's ass.

Hint RINK

Hint RINK 2

Hint RINK 3

"Tell" me "more". Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Though in fairness...I've only personally cut better than 100,000,000 bd ft of Timber (Hunnert Fhuqking Million board feet).

Bless your hearts.

Laughing!..................

having been a pro logger myself, stick is correct. it takes a lot of experience and skill to cut a tree that size that pretty. In my experience the huskies hold up a lot better and most of the hard coor still guys i know have never tried anything else.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been looking at both of those models. I have some big saws but I want something smaller for firewood chores.

But I've got the big saw/little saw covered pretty well already do I don't really have an excuse.

That is one badass saw

I bought a 550XP last fall.

Use it to clean up the never ending downed trees, little bit of firewood, corral work, etc..

The POS would not idle to save it's life.... Well for the first 2-3 tanks anyway. It runs fine now.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SamOlson

That is one badass saw

I bought a 550XP last fall.

Use it to clean up the never ending downed trees, little bit of firewood, corral work, etc..

The POS would not idle to save it's life.... Well for the first 2-3 tanks anyway. It runs fine now.

Sam, for the little I need a chain saw here on my 6 acres, I went with the Husq 435. I was pleased with how well it idled out of the gate. Still does. The other saws I've had didn't idle for chitt but they were also chitt saws lol

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rooster, the crazy thing is you CAN'T fiddle with carb adjustments on the new 'pro' saws.

It's all ran by a computer chip. I think that's how they work, self tuning....

Drive a guy crazy and I was one happy mofo when it finally tuned itself.

There is no way I own a saw like that though if I was way out in the boonies. You simply cannot work on it.

Of course the same can be said for new diesel pickups(or most any new vehicle).....

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Rooster, the crazy thing is you CAN'T fiddle with carb adjustments on the new 'pro' saws.

There is no way I own a saw like that though if I was way out in the boonies. You simply cannot work on it.

Of course the same can be said for new diesel pickups(or most any new vehicle).....

Isn't that the truth. Not much the average Joe can do on this new fangled stuff now days.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sam.....on the computer saws I’ve worked with you can reprogram them.
Been a while. But on the Stihls it’s
Start
WFO for ten seconds
Idle for ten seconds
Shut off.
Repeat.
Something like that. Been a couple of years.
Nice for changing altitude

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

Isn't that the truth. Not much the average Joe can do on this new fangled stuff now days.

I was glad to find a new MS261 without the computer a couple months ago. None of the retail dealers could get one.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

You're a peach alright.

An ignorant one. But a peach... smile

Does this mean that you're not buying me a Pro Grade Stihl and sending it to me? grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

100% correct.

Two examples of what happens when the goverment gets it's camel sniffer under the manufacturing tent. Companies have no choice but to go with a less efficient model thanks to some vegan bureaucrat with an environmental agenda to burn.

Look at all the small engines with turbo's slapped on to make them act like the next sized bigger motor.

The EPA is the herpes division of government.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4winds

The EPA is the herpes division of government.

LOL! laugh

True!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I have sold maybe 20 of these, mostly the 455's. We've had almost zero problems with them. I set them up and dial the carbs in a little if necessary. ALWAYS Stick with the correct oil to avoid future problems. not just mix ratio, but use the SAME oil. Sounds simple, but I get people every year that can't remember. They are very good saws.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a DEWALT DCCS620P1 20V MAX Lithium-Ion XR Brushless Compact 12 in. Cordless Chainsaw Kit (5AH) this year for clearing my backyard for a garden for my grandkids.

I don't bother to sharpen chains any more. I just buy more. They go quickly when I am in the dirt sawing roots.

I can get most big trees taken out for $2k each by the pros.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 61 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.