Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
Lake Toho
Fishing Report
January 26, 2003
By: Captain Chuck Matthews

Drawdown Canceled for Lake Toho
High water due to near record rain fall in December has postponed the drawdown on Lake Toho. The drawdown will be attempted again when the water returns to normal levels. The reason for drawing water from Toho is to improve habitat by removing muck from the lake bottom and removing dense vegetation from the shore lines to get good spawning grounds for future bedding areas. When water is drained from the Kissimmee Chain, it flows down to Lake Okeechobee and with all the rain we have had, Okeechobee cannot handle the additional water from Toho right now. With the drawdown stopped, the Fish and Game Commission has lifted the catch and release rule. Now, the daily bag limit is five bass a minimum of 14 inches. Only one of the fish can exceed 22 inches in length.

With all the cold fronts we have had in the month of January, the bass have kept off the beds. I look for the best fishing when we have a warm up. The bass are going to go on a major spawn and like two years ago, there are going to be some big fish caught. Even with the record cold whether, we have managed to catch nice bass. If yon can come to Lake Toho in February or March, it would be a good bet that you will have some great fishing. I you would like some information or would like to book a guide, give us a call. Also while you are on my website, please take time to look at our United States page.

Tight Lines,

Captain Chuck Matthews
A1 Action Bass Guides' Professional Services
http://www.centralfloridabassfishing.com

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Draw down of lake toho in full swing. Tin boats fine. Bigger boats (bass )
may have some problems launching. Local guides know the "how too`s.
St John`s river is a good bass fishery.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You boys know of anybody fishing with the Lakeland Bassmasters?? I fished with that club a couple of years ago when I lived in Florida. Hopefully you guys will behave yourselves during the drawdown and leave some big fish in toho....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10ring1, 163bc, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 2,312 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,991
Posts18,499,927
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.