Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
efw #13147346 09/21/18
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
seems everyone has the capacity to see, understand, or perceive god in their own language.

a few folks who walk amongst us believe that god set the world or universe in motion. encapsulated it with all the components it would need to operate successfully, and stepped out of the way to take care of other things that he wanted to do.

he left the management and control of the earth in the most capable hands that would rise up and accept the responsibility, rewards and costs.

god created a lot of stuff we humans have little desire for: mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, snakes, feral pigs, all kinds of diseases. but we didn't do the creating, somebody else did.

efw #13147347 09/21/18
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by efw

Another good one is how we determine the standard by which innocence is defined for purposes of calling into question God apart from the existence of the Judeo-Christian God?

Very very good question. I would have made that a statement in this fashion........"determine the standard by which innocence is defined for purposes of calling into question God"

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
If you know the story ………. you know the answer to all these questions.

Jesus was sent here in another time, in another place, with the same questions being asked amongst men that lack true wisdom.

He was no different in the flesh than any child, or any Man / Woman that have ever walked this earth since the dawn of time.

The 2 known differences he had were - 1: He was Gods son. 2: He knew no sin. (which is the definition of innocence)

Those were proven through his resurrection. Period!

****** Why did God allow his family, his only son, his pride and joy, and everything that was close to his own heart to be sent here just to die of "cancer" ?? ******

The "Cancer" was us. He showed us the way, the truth, and the life. John 14:6

What did we do? We beat him, ridiculed him, spit on him, mocked him, threw him on a cross, nailed him to it, and left to die in front of his family, brothers, and followers. AND FOR WHAT???

So you and I would have a choice. So we can sit on some forum, miles apart and question Gods infinite wisdom instead of seeking his face in his word. But ultimately, so that on the day you can talk to him face to face, he will reveal his answers that is beyond any of us, and our human comprehension.

****P.S.****

We are ALL going to Heaven to be judged, the question is will you stay there. Not one of us here will tell Jesus that we had it bad, and our life and death was not fair.

We all need to crawl before we walk, so that we can appreciate the Mossbergs of life.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ironbender

To Avoid a distraction to the evolution thread, tell me this.

Why does God give some innocent children cancer?

I don’t know the answer to that and am not about to get into an argument over theology.

I’ll just throw out that if you’ve got some spare money St Jude’s Children’s Hospital in Memphis does great things for kids with cancer.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mudslicks
If you know the story ………. you know the answer to all these questions.

Jesus was sent here in another time, in another place, with the same questions being asked amongst men that lack true wisdom.

He was no different in the flesh than any child, or any Man / Woman that have ever walked this earth since the dawn of time.

The 2 known differences he had were - 1: He was Gods son. 2: He knew no sin. (which is the definition of innocence)

Those were proven through his resurrection. Period!

****** Why did God allow his family, his only son, his pride and joy, and everything that was close to his own heart to be sent here just to die of "cancer" ?? ******

The "Cancer" was us. He showed us the way, the truth, and the life. John 14:6

What did we do? We beat him, ridiculed him, spit on him, mocked him, threw him on a cross, nailed him to it, and left to die in front of his family, brothers, and followers. AND FOR WHAT???

So you and I would have a choice. So we can sit on some forum, miles apart and question Gods infinite wisdom instead of seeking his face in his word. But ultimately, so that on the day you can talk to him face to face, he will reveal his answers that is beyond any of us, and our human comprehension.

****P.S.****

We are ALL going to Heaven to be judged, the question is will you stay there. Not one of us here will tell Jesus that we had it bad, and our life and death was not fair.

in my own human incapacity to understand much beyond the nose on the end of my face, i've often queried god as to why he didn't send jesus additional help or support. i mean, we humans have cloned ourselves into 7+ billion humans and yet the debates rage. the large land-based wars have slowed down, granted.

one might have thought YHWH father of jesus would have sent multiple incursions of jesus and his breathren into the earth environment to increase the likelihood of civilization in a reasonable time frame. right now, the earth and humans who live here seem to be a day late and a dollar behind in manifesting civilization. but, what's time to a hawg afterall?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

I don’t know the answer to that and am not about to get into an argument over theology.

I’ll just throw out that if you’ve got some spare money St Jude’s Children’s Hospital in Memphis does great things for kids with cancer.

LIKE!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Amen Trystan.

And again.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
efw #13147799 09/21/18
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

The very fact that we have a standard by which to question Him, rational faculties by which to formulate the question, and a conception that He is there to be questioned all prove He is real and has revealed Himself to us rather clearly.

.[/quote]This^^^ (from efw) , and then wonder if He exists or even insist that we are like animals and have no spirit.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/21/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

Here is a link that may help, it's too long to post here but anyone interested can go read it.

Part of C S Lewis Institute. http://www.cslewisinstitute.org/C_S_Lewis_on_the_Problem_of_Pain_page1

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ringman

LIKE!

Yep, most appropriate.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by watch4bear
How do you know God gave it to em?

2 good questions. We live in a world of schedules and logic. There is no logical reason for cancer, yet we still seek to know what we can’t find out. Make no mistake, God suffers as we do under those circumstances but because we don’t understand His ways, sometimes we blame Him. Remember that He sent his only begotten son to earth to atone for our sins. Can you imagine the pain that even God suffered as He watched Christ die so we may live?

Everything has a cost, we just can’t comprehend things of God’s nature when we are trapped in such a logical world...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Good post, crow hunter. Thanks for the reminder.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Cancer in a child was merely an example.

There are nearly countless examples of chit in this world that a just, righteous, and loving God would fix.

It’s as if god threw humans here then said GFY.

YMMV.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

There are nearly countless examples of chit in this world that a just, righteous, and loving God would fix.

YMMV.

Well,...it could be that God understands that our existence on Earth is just a brief wisp of fog in the wind as regards eternity,...and he understands that we will know it also.

In fact,..maybe we've already known that once and will know it again.

Maybe life on Earth is just a snap of the fingers in the grand scheme of things.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

YMMV.

The difference between an atom and us is less than the difference between us and God. You are looking at something from a finite position and expecting Infinite understanding. According to God's Word Christ was crucified from the beginning of the world. He was manifested about 2,000 years ago. God will "fix" everything at the consummation of all things.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Maybe we just land here and participate in this primitive existence that is marked by linear time to see how we cope with it.

Or maybe it's something that's so far removed from anything that we can understand that anything we surmise on the topic is just hubristic ramblings.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ringman

YMMV.

The difference between an atom and us is less than the difference between us and God. You are looking at something from a finite position and expecting Infinite understanding. According to God's Word Christ was crucified from the beginning of the world. He was manifested about 2,000 years ago. God will "fix" everything at the consummation of all things.

yes. and according to the islam peoples in their view, we recieved information about 1500 years ago. a full five hundred years after jesus, no matter how we choose to spell his name.

what's obvious is that the human condition is moving forward, with or without god, or savior, or whomever.

we're consuming the earth in an organized fashion, and most folks of all major religions are in almost total denial.

but, that's ok. life goes on.

religion might be turning out to be a complete waste of time and effort?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SnowbirdBill
man, that gif of strzok is tough on the eyes. it's like chewing tin foil every time i see it.
i see it can be tough being a member here.

You can block it if you have Adblocker Ultimate. I just did. On the menu select block element.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Gus #13147985 09/21/18
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Gus

but, that's ok. life goes on.

religion might be turning out to be a complete waste of time and effort?

I don't see it that way. In fact, a lot of what I see is an acceleration of exactly the opposite of what is advocated in the Bible.

The attack on public displays of the 10 Commandments,..the abbreviation of the term "Christ"mas into "X" mas,...the public outcry over public displays of Nativity scenes,..the advocacy of homosexuality,....abortion,...

The list is long and it's gaining speed at an incredible rate.

It's long been established by biblical references that Satan is "The Prince of the Earth".

How can anyone look at events that have occurred during the past 30 years or so and deny it?

By the same token,.....how can anybody look at events that have occurred during the past 30 years or so and *not* come to the conclusion that the Bible is legitimate?

This world could have gone off in an infinite number of directions.

How is it that the direction that it has taken is the direct obverse of the Bible?

The most convincing case for the legitimacy of the Bible is the anti Biblical course that the world has taken.

It was predicted,.....and here it is.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it must be about sustainability.

humans can do evil for ever if we don't overrun our coverage?

that is, as long as food is available on the grocery store shelves for an affordable fee?

who cares about the amount of good & evil as long as the working dude can feed his family?

and of course buy gasoline for his car, pay the mortgage, a ton of taxes, and then pay for a vacation?

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 61 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.