-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought blasphemy against the holy spirit was in specific reference to the pharisees.
ie;..accusing Jesus of being demon-possessed instead of Spirit-filled when performing miracles.

Matthew 12:24 NLT
" But when the Pharisees heard about the miracle, they said, “No wonder he can cast out demons.
He gets his power from Satan, the prince of demons.”

The age or period of miracles ended in the 1st century, when all those disciples appointed the power
to perform miracles , eventually returned to dust.

re: John 16.....interesting that it was requirement that Jesus depart in order for the Holy Sprit to arrive.
and that the Holy Spirit would relay what 'He had heard' (from Jesus)...and that what Jesus told the
Holy Spirit, was sourced from the Father.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by SnowbirdBill
Ugh... I like snakes as much as the next guy but... nah.
I've been looking for a sane, as per an honest workingman's standards, church for a very long time.
I was raised Roman Catholic and while I started strong as a kid, I strayed long ago and now... you know, the pope. He's just not for me and between him and some profound differences I have with Catholicism I just can't reconcile.

The problem I have in finding my goal is that this is yankeeville and people up here ain't got the sense God give a rabbit.
There are several churches, Episcopalian, Presbyterian and Lutheran within easy walking distance from me and I've attended them all, along with others further away, in my search.
Every stinkin' time I go for the spiritual uplift I need I get harangued. My preference to keep and bear arms is usually at center stage and the manipulating notion of all guns/gun owners as a great evil in society is greatly enforced.

Not ms-13, not isis, not a crip or a blood, me. I'm the bad guy.

I got my first rifle, a Glenfield 22, for my 8th birthday. It lived, unlocked, in my father's closet. We didn't screw around with it. We had pellet guns for screwin' around with and were satisfied with taking the 22's out when we went for woodchucks and the 20 gauge 1100 for pheasants back before ddt killed 'em all off around here.
I never shot anybody. I never thought about shooting anybody. I'm a vet but I was right between Viet Nam and Grenada so I was never forced to shoot anybody. I never held a 1911 sideways for a robbery or for a camera. I've never even been in the can except for a couple d & d overnighters way back in the day.
Why are they calling me dangerous?

And then there's all the gay this and all the gay that. Rainbow flags draped across the whole front of a fantastic Hewn Stone Church that has been proudly serving God's will for well over a hundred years.
And who could ever forget the gay men's choir warbling away as you scurry past on the sidewalk outside before the walls start shaking and the ceiling collapses on it all?

Your are too far away, but if you find yourself near Bedford Pa. Msg me.
My preacher carries. At the pulpit. Many don't know, he isn't doing it to show.
He would be the first to see danger, and feels an obligation.

Try a small non denominational fundamentalist church.

I know that sounds scary, and that's where some kooks reside.

But it simply means that we control our church. Not the Vatican, not some board in Ca. that wants gay preachers, just us church members
voting on our pastor and economics. And that we believe what's in the bible.

Thank you.
I've been playing around with trying the Pennsylvania Elk lottery for a long time. I haven't actually tried it yet but maybe someday I can come down for a visit.
In the meantime I am content with the thought of God hearing every one of my prayers and still knowing me for a good man.
I'll keep looking for a decent Church but I'm done with the fakes I've been to around here.

When you argue with an idiot nobody can tell the difference.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by renegade50

This snake handling, poison drinking craziness is based upon the last 12 verses of Mark, which are not in the oldest and best manuscripts of Mark, not does the writing style match the rest of Mark. There are interpolations added later.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
If snakes is what they want to do it's fine with me so long as no kids get hurt.
Now as for me taking a turn handling old toothy... that's not happening unless it's done like chicken over the bonfire with a side of them good fartin' kidney beans.

When you argue with an idiot nobody can tell the difference.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Starman
I thought blasphemy against the holy spirit was in specific reference to the pharisees.
ie;..accusing Jesus of being demon-possessed instead of Spirit-filled when performing miracles.

" But when the Pharisees heard about the miracle, they said, “No wonder he can cast out demons.

The age or period of miracles ended in the 1st century, when all those disciples appointed the power

re: John 16.....interesting that it was requirement that Jesus depart in order for the Holy Sprit to arrive.
and that the Holy Spirit would relay what 'He had heard' (from Jesus)...and that what Jesus told the

Take a look here Starman............................

Matthew 12:31-32 King James Version (KJV)
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gus
in the judastic tradition, it's pretty much a mighty yahweh show.

in the christian tradition, it's pretty much jesus, our savior show.

but, in the holy trinity, holy or not, we've got the holy spirit.

the holy spirit, or the holy ghost from back in the day is part of the trinity.

not to ruffle any feathers, but there's churches associated with the holy ghost, right?

why doesn't the holy spirit get equal time in the pulpit with jesus?

and in the judastic tradition, it's the same. YHWH is the central theme?

i'd like to know more about the holy spirit aka the Holy Ghost.

who want's to begin the discussion about the holy trinity?
Do you believe in "Spirit" as an energy field which can transmit/receive information? Act as a shield? Behave as a conduit of thought? Is the "Holy Spirit" the energy soup of all existence, In which all the universe is connected? A smart spiritual man once said (paraphrased) Seek and "You" will find - Ask and "You" will receive - Knock and a door will open for "You" It is your furrow to plow.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by K22
[quote=Starman]I thought blasphemy against the holy spirit was in specific reference to the pharisees.

This is repeated in Mark 3. Note the last verse. It specifies what this blasphemy is.

22 And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”

23 So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26 And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27 In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house. 28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

30 He said this because they were saying, “He has an impure spirit.”

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Gus
ok. fair enough.

i wouldn't want to be denied accessed to heaven (the AfterLife), because i worshipped yhwh instead of jesus or the holy spirit.

a lot of folks would suggest if ya don't worship jesus as savior, then access to yhwh is denied.

a lot of folks who walk among us can't understand the semantics.

in helping the lost, what is the rule that requires passing through jesus before getting to yhwh?

the holy spirit might be a boat, carrying us from here to there? heh, i don't know. i'm trying to learn.

Gus my friend, I don't believe God is worried about semantics. I am a Christian,so I know about Jesus and as such I would think it rude to not worship him.

I do believe that Jesus paid the admission price to Heaven for everyone, but I don't think you would even have to know his name to take advantage of it, only be willing to look to God for salvation rather than trying to earn it.

The rule of passing through Jesus isn't a rule at all,it's a door he made.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The Bible talks a lot about the HS, in genesis, it was the spirit of the lord moved on the surface of the earth, the HS is the gentle and powerful spirit of God himself. I have heard and seen very few men of God that work with the HS. Dead came back to life, wonderful things happen because they invited and call for the Holy Spirit to guide and take the glory of the situation.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by K22
[quote=Starman]I thought blasphemy against the holy spirit was in specific reference to the pharisees.

This is repeated in Mark 3. Note the last verse. It specifies what this blasphemy is.

22 And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”

23 So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26 And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27 In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house. 28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

30 He said this because they were saying, “He has an impure spirit.”

Ok, now you confused me. If I'm understanding what you are implying, then if you have an impure spirit and blaspheme the Holy Spirit/ghost, then you are damned forever, (of which you already are anyway confused) but if you have a pure spirit and blaspheme the Holy Spirit/Ghost then you can be forgiven, but then again, if your spirit is pure you wouldn't blaspheme the Holy Spirit/Ghost anyway. Therefore, the implications of the this last verse is null and void having no validity. crazy

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
According to Mk 3, to blaspheme the HS you call him evil. Jesus said very clearly that if that if you do that you're toast. You will never be forgiven fot it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have a problem with anyone saying "Holy", this or that. In statements that are not seriously referring to real Holy matters.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Holy Spirit is - among other things - the Agent that convicts us of our sins and Convinces us of our need for God. If we ignore that prompting of the Spirit, THAT is the ultimate blasphemy and we place our own selves beyond redemption.Thats why a person can curse God or Jesus and not be beyond redemption as long as we haven’t hardened our hearts to the point we can longer hear the still, small Voice.

I don’t see Jesus laying down a new rule... just explaining how things work and have always worked.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus

why doesn't the holy spirit get equal time in the pulpit with jesus?

Jesus is a whole lot easier for people to relate to.

Explaining the Trinity on a forum is impossible. God is outside our existence, outside our experience, so you have to start with Aristotlean thought to begin to make sense of it. The best short answer I think is St. Patrick and his shamrock.

(Can somebody send Gus a keyboard with a working shift key?)

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
According to Mk 3, to blaspheme the HS you call him evil. Jesus said very clearly that if that if you do that you're toast. You will never be forgiven fot it.

True, there’s no repentance if sinned against the Holy Spirit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22

Take a look here Starman............................

Matthew 12:31-32 King James Version (KJV)
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost
shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost,
it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Again, I thought it was said in specific reference to the pharisees...why ?... they were very unique circumstances where the
Son of God was present with the power of the Spirit.....however, fast forward 2000 yrs >> Nobody today can personally witness
Jesus performing miracles and then attribute that power to Satan instead of the Spirit.

Today we can have all kinds of self-deluded or snake oil types claiming to have the Spirit and to be working with the spirit, but they
are all sinners largely with questionable motives / integrity (not the son of God),... nor are miracles performed in this current age
(age of miracles ended in 1st century) so to question, scrutinise, or reject their spirit claims, does not necessarily amount to
blaspheme of the Holy Spirit.

We have deluded people today who think they have the power of the spirit in them that can change direction of hurricanes
and change the fate of people who have already been digested by a crocodile or stomped dead by an elephant....
the old 'prayers sent- hoping for a miracle' nonsense.

If people really believed or had 'faith' in that stuff, they could use the spirit to cause an assailants firearm to miraculously fail
and have no need to carry a Glock....but reality is 99.9999% will prefer to trust their marksmanship over God answering their
desperate prayers.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

a lot of folks would suggest if ya don't worship jesus as savior, then access to yhwh is denied.

Maybe what Jesus himself had to say about it would illuminate it for you, Gus.

John 14:16

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by Gus

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Again, I don’t believe Jesus is establishing a new method of God dealing with His creatures. He is just shedding some light on who He is .He has ALWAYS been the conduit to the Creator...... but at this point in time He has a physical presence and introduces Himself.

I don’t believe you can find any scripture denying that and much scripture to support it.

The idea that a man must form a certain combination of vowels and consonants in his speech or be forever condemned is ridiculous, but many people seem to believe it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by Gus

Notice what Jesus didn't say...............

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
All Three were, and have been since the beginning.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,672
Posts18,493,799
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.