Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by SnowbirdBill
man, that gif of strzok is tough on the eyes. it's like chewing tin foil every time i see it.
i see it can be tough being a member here.

You can block it if you have Adblocker Ultimate. I just did. On the menu select block element.

You da man! Thanks

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Maybe we just land here and participate in this primitive existence that is marked by linear time to see how we cope with it.

Or maybe it's something that's so far removed from anything that we can understand that anything we surmise on the topic is just hubristic ramblings.

Like!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is another book I read during my 9 year, "CRAP! my back really hurts and no one can tell me why..." phase.

http://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Proof-of-Heaven/Eben-Alexander/9781451695182

Proof of Heaven
A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
By Eben Alexander

A scientist’s case for the afterlife…

Thousands of people have had near-death experiences, but scientists have argued that they are impossible. Dr. Eben Alexander was one of those scientists. A highly trained neurosurgeon, Alexander knew that NDEs feel real, but are simply fantasies produced by brains under extreme stress.

Then, Dr. Alexander’s own brain was attacked by a rare illness. The part of the brain that controls thought and emotion—and in essence makes us human—shut down completely. For seven days he lay in a coma. Then, as his doctors considered stopping treatment, Alexander’s eyes popped open. He had come back.

Alexander’s recovery is a medical miracle. But the real miracle of his story lies elsewhere. While his body lay in coma, Alexander journeyed beyond this world and encountered an angelic being who guided him into the deepest realms of super-physical existence. There he met, and spoke with, the Divine source of the universe itself.

Alexander’s story is not a fantasy. Before he underwent his journey, he could not reconcile his knowledge of neuroscience with any belief in heaven, God, or the soul. Today Alexander is a doctor who believes that true health can be achieved only when we realize that God and the soul are real and that death is not the end of personal existence but only a transition.

This story would be remarkable no matter who it happened to. That it happened to Dr. Alexander makes it revolutionary. No scientist or person of faith will be able to ignore it. Reading it will change your life.

Please don't feed the trolls!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by ironbender

To Avoid a distraction to the evolution thread, tell me this.

Why does God give some innocent children cancer?

Ironbender,

Cancer is caused by man not by God. Listen to God's promise in the Bible at Jeremiah 29:11 For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares God, thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope!

So God thinks thoughts of peace and a future and hope towards us. Sounds like a loving God who hates the injustice and harm mankind's wayward course has caused. Moreover God does more than think Good thoughts towards us humans but he has likewise acted to fix things in the future.

A child may die because of mankind's wayward course but the True God promises he will resurrect such ones

John 5:28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Trystan

So God thinks thoughts of peace and a future and hope towards us...

re;Gods thoughts....He clearly expressed that mankind is wicked and worthy only of destruction.

God has no trusted hope in man because he knows mankind is hopeless, thats why He chooses to offer his grace.

Grace would not be required if man was able to live up to the hopes of God.

There is a big difference between causing something to happen and allowing things to happen...

If a child was about run out onto a busy road without you causing it, you would do something humanly possible
to stop or save the child from such catastrophe....yet God has watched many a child get run over.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Alexander journeyed beyond this world and encountered an angelic being who guided him into the deepest realms
of super-physical existence. There he met, and spoke with, the Divine source of the universe itself.

so not only did he hear the voice of the supreme being, he also met Him.

was he able to physically describe the supreme being?

Alexander is the surgeon who operated on a patients spine, and fused the wrong discs together.
instead of coming clean with his patient, he instead decided to alter the operative report to cover
his error.
He has a record for the highest number of malpractice suites against a neurosurgeon in his state.
The Virginia Board of Medicine ordered him to take continuing education classes in ethics and professionalism.

I am unaware of any board that can scrutinise ones claims about meeting God, nor can someone sue you
for malpractice over writing a book ' Proof of Heaven' and a movie deal with Universal studios...but people
do believe he is a person who has proven himself to lack integrity and ethics.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Before a human questions God, he needs to spend some time trying to explain to a earthworm how to write computer code.

God would have as much success explaining his ways to you as you would have explaining code to an earthworm.

Best answer so far. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
Before a human questions God, he needs to spend some time trying to explain to a earthworm how to write computer code.

God would have as much success explaining his ways to you as you would have explaining code to an earthworm.

Best answer so far. miles

Like!

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by nighthawk
man, that gif of strzok is tough on the eyes. it's like chewing tin foil every time i see it.
i see it can be tough being a member here.

You can block it if you have Adblocker Ultimate. I just did. On the menu select block element.

Thanks but I probably won't. I've been going around some with the fire but to be honest I probably won't be here that long.
I was brought up with payphones and, even after 20 years in IT, sitting at a computer explaining/complaining doesn't get it for me. I've pretty much had my say and I expect that I'll be moving along with life soon.
I'm getting old and I want to keep doing the stuff I like instead of just sitting at this computer while the arthritis takes over.
I'm not bailing right now but I'm sure I'll get bored with it soon enough.
Good site though. I really do enjoy it here. Thanks everybody.

When you argue with an idiot nobody can tell the difference.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
God in the Old Testament ain’t a very pleasant sort of fella. In fact he is quite angry, violent, and vindictive.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by MadMooner
God in the Old Testament ain’t a very pleasant sort of fella. In fact he is quite angry, violent, and vindictive.

Ok, here we go. I'm sure I'm gonna get screamed at for this one.
O well.

There are many ways to address what exists in what's in the Old Testament. I'm no scholar, have only my own guesses and can only describe my own opinions and experiences.
I've stated in another thread that the churches we have up here in yankeeville are nothing more that leftist blather spigots. They pat themselves on the back for giving a can of peas to some junkie, bitch a lot about gun owners, sing a lot, a real lot, and of course there's all the devotion to gay this and gay that.
You never hear much scripture. Or sanity for that matter.
If I were to rely on the drivel I've heard from those pulpits, I'd be a pie eyed basket case ready for the communist gas chambers... like the giggly pod people I found in attendance there.
No thanks.

What I've found is to pretty much ignore what others tell me and rely on my own conscience. To me that's a direct conduit upstairs and I rely on it as the true voice of God.
I've never needed a man, or any of his works, to tell me that murder is wrong, or stealing, or cheating on my ex-wife(and boy, have I had chances for that).
The voice of God that is my conscience unerringly directs me. I've just had to learn to recognize and follow it in even the smallest matters.
Truly doing my conscience's version of the right thing in all cases is a very hard thing to learn to do.
I've found thinking about problems in terms of the eternal instead of the right here, right now has thrown a completely different light on my life and has made my outlook on everything positive. With practice, a great deal of practice, I am continuing to lose the primal fear of the unknown. What an indescribably great feeling that is.

Anybody can find a negative example to justify laziness and partying and generally turning away from faith. I've done it. I felt shame for doing it and never want that shame again.
I don't pay any mind to freaks, no, but I won't give up my search for sanity in worship. Ever.

When you argue with an idiot nobody can tell the difference.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Starman

There is a big difference between causing something to happen and allowing things to happen...

If a child was about run out onto a busy road without you causing it, you would do something humanly possible
to stop or save the child from such catastrophe....yet God has watched many a child get run over.

Everybody knows children get run over by cars and likewise many teenagers get killed driving cars along with Adults. I bet you still drive a car even though you know full well the possibility of the outcome. Wicked men twist and turn things to blame God for there actions. Would it be righteous for God to protect mankind from the error of there ways. How else can a human learn. Its a hard lesson brought on by man himself but many righteous men have looked in the mirror and blame themselves for contributing to the harm mankind is causing. God has 4 perfect qualities. Power, Wisdom, Love, and Justice. God gave man Free will! It would not be Just on God's part to protect mankind from the error of there ways when they are in large useing there free will inaproprietly.

Mankind kills the Child and God resurrects the Child back to life and you wicked man presume God to be wicked.

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[quote=Trystan

Mankind kills the Child and God resurrects the Child back to life and you wicked man presume God to be wicked.

Trystan

[/quote]

Please prove this.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
God doesnt want us to have proof. If we had proof, even those retards who think they have no spirit and are the same as dumb animals, would end up in heaven too. If it had a bunch of heathens, lieberals, dhimmicraps and muzzies, how would it be heaven?

Who would refrain from the pleasure of sin to go there? It wouldnt be worth going to. grin

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/22/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
God doesnt want us to have proof. If we had proof, even those retards who think they have no spirit and are the same as dumb animals, would end up in heaven too. If it had a bunch of heathens, lieberals, dhimmicraps and muzzies, how would it be heaven?

Who would refrain from the pleasure of sin to go there? It wouldnt be worth going to. grin

Even though, if I’m not mistaken, all those souls were there in the first place and everything was totally cool, no? Until that rotten Lucifer made a big stink?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Sauer200
[quote=Trystan

Trystan

Please prove this.[/quote]

Sure, this is an easy one for a believer to understand. However, if you are not a believer or even a seeker, it will make no sense to you.

Get your bible out or even do an internet search about David’s infant son that dies soon after birth. Much of the teaching is about mourning and trusting God, but read what David says about his son after the son’s death.

Well, you might say this is not “proof.” Well if you don’t accept the Bible as God’s word, then of course it isn’t. You are free to continue on the path you are on.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Well, kicking God out for Satan will be found to have been a monumental mistake for those who did so as a way of life.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Sauer200
[quote=Trystan

Trystan

Please prove this.

Sure, this is an easy one for a believer to understand. However, if you are not a believer or even a seeker, it will make no sense to you.

Get your bible out or even do an internet search about David’s infant son that dies soon after birth. Much of the teaching is about mourning and trusting God, but read what David says about his son after the son’s death.

Well, you might say this is not “proof.” Well if you don’t accept the Bible as God’s word, then of course it isn’t. You are free to continue on the path you are on.

[/quote]

Yeah. Believe Satan, by default. wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/22/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Even though, if I’m not mistaken, all those souls were there in the first place and everything was totally cool, no? Until that rotten Lucifer made a big stink?

Interesting. Where does this doctrine come from?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What I've found is to pretty much ignore what others tell me and rely on my own conscience. To me that's a direct conduit upstairs and I rely on it as the true voice of God.
I've never needed a man, or any of his works, to tell me that murder is wrong, or stealing, or cheating ...

They can scream at me as well.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,019
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.