Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Originally Posted by jaguartx
God doesnt want us to have proof. If we had proof, even those retards who think they have no spirit and are the same as dumb animals, would end up in heaven too. If it had a bunch of heathens, lieberals, dhimmicraps and muzzies, how would it be heaven?

Who would refrain from the pleasure of sin to go there? It wouldnt be worth going to. grin

Even though, if I’m not mistaken, all those souls were there in the first place and everything was totally cool, no? Until that rotten Lucifer made a big stink?

Interesting. Where does this doctrine come from?

Lucifer, who has absolute knowledge that God does exist but still rebelled?
That Lucifer?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by jaguartx
God doesnt want us to have proof. If we had proof, even those retards who think they have no spirit and are the same as dumb animals, would end up in heaven too. If it had a bunch of heathens, lieberals, dhimmicraps and muzzies, how would it be heaven?

Who would refrain from the pleasure of sin to go there? It wouldnt be worth going to. grin

Even though, if I’m not mistaken, all those souls were there in the first place and everything was totally cool, no? Until that rotten Lucifer made a big stink?

Interesting. Where does this doctrine come from?

Oh I certainly may be confusing things. Revelations no? Big war in heaven, some dickhead (Lucifer, Satan, Morning Star) rebelled, his followers went to hell along with him, the rest of the souls/angels now have to prove themselves... them being us?

Again I may be confusing things. I’ve heard several versions depending on the clergyman or what have you... is that a bastardization or misinterpretation?

It’s hard to keep up with all the Christian theologies, I may even be mixing. Revelations say anything about this?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Im thinking one would have to be perfect in order to understand all of what God had to say in His message for us, and Christ is in Heaven preparing a place for us.

As the imperfect pharisees could not understand the parables of Jesus we are also not perfect enough to understand all of them.

Maybe why we are to keep seeking his face. He didnt say to find it. There will be no more pain or suffering when He reveals His face to us.

I would be interested in what He has revealed to you, however.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/22/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you mean me?

He hasn’t.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Sauer200
[quote=Trystan

Mankind kills the Child and God resurrects the Child back to life and you wicked man presume God to be wicked.

Trystan

Please prove this.[/quote]

Sauer,

No one can prove anything to you it's something you have to prove to yourself by searching for the truth. The answers along with solid facts are contained in the Bible. For instance......the destruction of Babylon was prophesied to the exact year it was destroyed. Along with the prophesying of its destruction God said the city would never be inhabited again. Tourists can go to Iraq and still visit the ancient ruins of Babylon. That's one fact and there are thousands more contained in the Bible. God provides solid evidence. If you want more proof I will be happy to provide much more but it's going to take years to show you all the proof in a conclusive way. The bible is a thick book

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Our brain will melt if we think too much about God and his powers, we can’t understand his ways, we can only pray to be part of his plan and will. I always tell people the most important thank I know about God and to be honest, it’s all we have to know. God does whatever he wants to do. Death, disease, suffering and disperse is nothing when you think of how beautiful the cater life is. Like the ancient Egyptians would say “death is only the beginning”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SnowbirdBill
Originally Posted by MadMooner
God in the Old Testament ain’t a very pleasant sort of fella. In fact he is quite angry, violent, and vindictive.

Ok, here we go. I'm sure I'm gonna get screamed at for this one.
O well.

There are many ways to address what exists in what's in the Old Testament. I'm no scholar, have only my own guesses and can only describe my own opinions and experiences.
I've stated in another thread that the churches we have up here in yankeeville are nothing more that leftist blather spigots. They pat themselves on the back for giving a can of peas to some junkie, bitch a lot about gun owners, sing a lot, a real lot, and of course there's all the devotion to gay this and gay that.
You never hear much scripture. Or sanity for that matter.
If I were to rely on the drivel I've heard from those pulpits, I'd be a pie eyed basket case ready for the communist gas chambers... like the giggly pod people I found in attendance there.
No thanks.

What I've found is to pretty much ignore what others tell me and rely on my own conscience. To me that's a direct conduit upstairs and I rely on it as the true voice of God.
I've never needed a man, or any of his works, to tell me that murder is wrong, or stealing, or cheating on my ex-wife(and boy, have I had chances for that).
The voice of God that is my conscience unerringly directs me. I've just had to learn to recognize and follow it in even the smallest matters.
Truly doing my conscience's version of the right thing in all cases is a very hard thing to learn to do.
I've found thinking about problems in terms of the eternal instead of the right here, right now has thrown a completely different light on my life and has made my outlook on everything positive. With practice, a great deal of practice, I am continuing to lose the primal fear of the unknown. What an indescribably great feeling that is.

Anybody can find a negative example to justify laziness and partying and generally turning away from faith. I've done it. I felt shame for doing it and never want that shame again.
I don't pay any mind to freaks, no, but I won't give up my search for sanity in worship. Ever.

I certainly won’t scream at ya for it. Lot closer to my relationship with god than anything in the Bible.

Old Testament is pretty fugged up. But then, look at the time and folks that wrote it. Thousands of years later and they’re still stoning people, choppin’ off heads, killing women and children because their got their feelings hurt, fugkin’ goats......

Anyway, if you believe in the Old Testament, you don’t have to look any further to answer the OP’s question. That God is a murderous prick.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
RJY, thanks for the post. Apparently few bothered to read it. Keep it up brother.

Originally Posted by RJY66
I'll weigh in with some of my "doctrine" on the subject. It is really beyond the scope of a forum post. Its as if I posted a thread asking "teach me to reload I don't know anything", most of you would say "get a manual" which is good advice. Its obvious what the manual is in this case. Get one, get into it, and don't quit. But, I'm gonna also say a few things that I have learned over the last 40 years...condensed cliff notes version.

When man committed high treason against God in the Garden of Eden he essentially turned the earth over to Satan. God first gave it to Adam and he gave it to Satan when he fell. Therefore, as long as this earth remains, Satan is going to hold sway over it.....and kill, steal, destroy. This is the first problem man has. We have an adversary both the believer and the non believer. The believer is going to eventually obtain authority over and protection from Satan IF he believes he has it and will use it. The non-believer, well, not so much....he is in the situation which Paul describes as "alien from the covenants of promise, without hope and without God in the world", even though he may be a "good person". Hate to be blunt but Satan essentially owns this person and can have his way with him.

The second problem is that upon ejection from Eden, God cursed man(Adam) and in a nutshell told him he would have to toil for a living, the women were going to have pain in childbirth and be subject to the males, and they was going to eventually die. This is problem number 2. We are pretty well stuck with this one. Believers as well as non-believers are subject to death, we both have to make a living by some kind of toil, we can't just pick fruit off the garden trees and chill anymore. Even rich people have to worry about losing their money one way or another....a form of mental toil which can be worse than hard physical work often times.

So God starts working on the plan of redemption. He makes covenant with Abraham and eventually creates Israel. He eventually gives them the law of that covenant which we call the "old testament" or old covenant. If you will look at the 28th chapter of Deuteronomy you will see the terms of this covenant, blessings if you keep the law, curses if you don't and Israel agreed to it and said that they were going to do everything they were supposed to which of course they failed to do. Pay particular attention to the curses......just about every calamity and disease that could possibly befall the human race is inflicted on Israel for disobedience.....including potentially "your kid getting cancer".....in so many words. Read it carefully. It is humanity's big problem number 3.

Time rolls on, the gospel narrative plays out. Jesus dies and rises again, fulfilling the Abrahamic covenant and its law. Paul comes on the scene and is taught the gospel by revelation from Jesus. He writes one of the most key verses in the Bible in Galatians 3:13...."Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law having been made a curse for us for it is written cursed is everyone that hangs on a tree, so that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles through Christ and we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith".

The "blessing of Abraham" is unmerited favor. Abraham "believed God and it was CREDITED to him for righteousness. So, believers are now in good shape.....we have unmerited favor, are out from under the curse of the law, and we have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We can screw this up if we try to earn what we have already been given by doing good works and thinking that God now owes us something that he has already given us. This puts us back under law and back under the curse of the law, we "fall from grace" and "Christ profits us not". This is NOT GOOD. If you get into this position you need to repent, get back under God's grace or unmerited favor. Most churches teach a set of rules more or less one way or another and sadly put their people in the position of being outside grace.

If you are truly a Christian and get entangled with sin, you essentially open the door to Satan and give him a free shot. You still have God's unmerited favor but you are getting over into Satan's turf (remember he still is the "god of this world"). Mess with him long enough and he is liable to kill you. This is bad business. This is why the so called "greasy grace" or being able to get away with anything because God loves you and you are under grace won't work. Wrong!

This is my attempt to answer the age old question "why do bad things happen to "good" people", or why does God allow it.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
A lot of people don't get that sometimes when they ask God for something, the answer is "NO".It's sort of like luck.Sometimes you have to make your own

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by saddlesore
A lot of people don't get that sometimes when they ask God for something, the answer is "NO".It's sort of like luck.Sometimes you have to make your own

I struggle to square that with John 14:13.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
God in the Old Testament ain’t a very pleasant sort of fella. In fact he is quite angry, violent, and vindictive.

O well.

There are many ways to address what exists in what's in the Old Testament. I'm no scholar, have only my own guesses and can only describe my own opinions and experiences.
I've stated in another thread that the churches we have up here in yankeeville are nothing more that leftist blather spigots. They pat themselves on the back for giving a can of peas to some junkie, bitch a lot about gun owners, sing a lot, a real lot, and of course there's all the devotion to gay this and gay that.
If I were to rely on the drivel I've heard from those pulpits, I'd be a pie eyed basket case ready for the communist gas chambers... like the giggly pod people I found in attendance there.
No thanks.

What I've found is to pretty much ignore what others tell me and rely on my own conscience. To me that's a direct conduit upstairs and I rely on it as the true voice of God.
I've never needed a man, or any of his works, to tell me that murder is wrong, or stealing, or cheating on my ex-wife(and boy, have I had chances for that).
The voice of God that is my conscience unerringly directs me. I've just had to learn to recognize and follow it in even the smallest matters.
Truly doing my conscience's version of the right thing in all cases is a very hard thing to learn to do.
I've found thinking about problems in terms of the eternal instead of the right here, right now has thrown a completely different light on my life and has made my outlook on everything positive. With practice, a great deal of practice, I am continuing to lose the primal fear of the unknown. What an indescribably great feeling that is.

Anybody can find a negative example to justify laziness and partying and generally turning away from faith. I've done it. I felt shame for doing it and never want that shame again.
I don't pay any mind to freaks, no, but I won't give up my search for sanity in worship. Ever.

I certainly won’t scream at ya for it. Lot closer to my relationship with god than anything in the Bible.

Old Testament is pretty fugged up. But then, look at the time and folks that wrote it. Thousands of years later and they’re still stoning people, choppin’ off heads, killing women and children because their got their feelings hurt, fugkin’ goats......

Anyway, if you believe in the Old Testament, you don’t have to look any further to answer the OP’s question. That God is a murderous prick.

I'm no scholar. I know some of the stories but can barely make heads or tails of the actual language it uses. But I'm not ever going to disparage the Bible.
I won't disparage you for your beliefs, or lack thereof, either. We're grown men. If you're happy with what you will bring with you to whatever awaits us all then I'm happy for you.
We all guess about this stuff and I am satisfied that through all the horrible examples of cruelty and mayhem in the Bible, it exists as the greatest work of Love in history. Unconditional love. The kind that never gets sick of you and that you can always come back to.
That's what my God of mercy is to me. He got me, an old berserker well on his way to an early cold hole in the ground, got me to see things differently, put some opportunities in front of me and had me recognize them and helped me to raise up to whatever level this is.
Somehow I ain't dead.
There have been several in the family who've gone over a hundred and I suspect I'll do the same now that I quit sin. Life's still tough and I expect to be here another 40 years but nothing makes me happy like my talks with God or praying or whatever it is.
I feel accepted and I've lost my fear of the unknown. That's an amazing thing and I'm actually looking forward to something now.

When you argue with an idiot nobody can tell the difference.
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle

O well.

No thanks.

The Old Testament was changed to a kinder and gentler sales pitch?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Lots of replies but no “answers “.

I need something knowable, logical, and sensible.

“Well, it’s a mystery. Just believe. “ doesn’t make it for me.

Appreciate the responses nonetheless.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good for you, Bill. I think finding contentment as we age is important. At least it is if we plan on aging!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender

O well.

No thanks.

Not that I know. The OT still has a lot of dead first borns. Seems he liked to visit death upon the innocent.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Satan wants you to lean on your own understanding rather than Gods. He doesnt need to deal with you- until later.

The commies in Nicaragua were nice to their followers too, until it was too late.

Eve believed as the serpent wanted her to believe also, until she realized she had been screwed. Then she produced the fruit from her loins. His name was Cain.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ironbender

O well.

No thanks.

Not that I know. The OT still has a lot of dead first borns. Seems he liked to visit death upon the innocent.

Judge not, least ye be judged.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is the OT the word of God? I see people reject it, like it doesn’t matter or isn’t correct etc, but still believe in God and are Christians...

What’s the deal?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Is the OT the word of God? I see people reject it, like it doesn’t matter or isn’t correct etc, but still believe in God and are Christians...

What’s the deal?

Many are lead astray.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

700 members (007FJ, 163bc, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 82 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,723
Posts18,494,694
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.